ASUS ROG Strix x99 Gaming - i7 6850K - OS X Sierra - HELP?

MeO-Style

11 posts in this topic

Hi!

Since 1 Month i'm looking to run OS X on my new system.

Unfortunalety without positive results until now.

System:

- ASUS ROG Strix x99 Gaming (Socket 2011-3, Bios 1401, >>> MANUAL english <<<)

- Intel i7 6850K (Broadwell E)

- Nvidia/Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 TI Xtreme

- Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3000Mhz 2x 8GB

- 256GB Samsung SM961 M.2 2280 PCIe (splitted Win10 & OS X)

- 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SATA

- 3TB Seagate BarraCuda ST3000DM008

I've already an prepared USB BootStick with actual Clover and OS X Sierra.

Windows 10 runs on the system, on the first half of the M.2 Partition.

(Under Windows i have already a running Sierra VirutalBox System. Unfortunately i can't use USB Ports.

I tried many things to resolve but i get each time the same error "buisy usb storrage". So i can't use the virutal machine.

Also my original MacBook Pro starts only sometimes, maybe caused by an broken GPU soldering to the PCB

Caused by this i can only use Win 10 on my new system or sometimes my macbook pro)

Can somebody patch my original DSDT.aml file and prepare the config.plist?

Here is my original DSDT (under Clover saved while pressing F4) and the actually config.plist >>> EFI_MeO-Style.zip <<<

And here a fully Package of my EFI-USB Partition of the USB Stick >>> EFI-USB <<<

Has somebody of you any idea what i need to activate/disable in my UEFI Bios?

Actually it seems like ...

System boots from BootStick, i see the Clover OS, i can start the installation and while the verbose it freezes and changes to cryptig Signs.

Than i need to do a cold boot.

For me it's very tricky to let run os x on my hackintosh. I'm a bit noob and hope a lot that you can help me out!

Thanks in forward for your patient and time!

regards

Meo

Hi,

no way.

Sorry, but both tools (Clover Configurator & PlistEditPro) won't work with your uploaded config.plist.

Each one shows me errors when i try to open and edit it.

Actually i got a patched DSDT.aml.

Here my full EFI File with patched DSDT.aml

But against Clover will start, shows me some verbose lines, stops, and switches to cryptic signs.

Take a look on my attached shots.

Here my UEFI Bios Settings...

- Intel Virtualization Technology --> Disabled

- Intel xHCI Mode --> Auto

- USB Support --> Full Initialization

- OS Type --> Other OS

- Launch CSM --> Disabled

- M2/U2 Switch --> U2 (If Auto or M2 verbose shows me an issue "AppleNVMe Assert failed)

- ASMedia USB 3.1 --> Disabled

Cheers

Meo

post-186504-0-17866900-1485509249_thumb.jpg

post-186504-0-69136200-1485509265_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

First of all ... do not use a DSDT use it afterwards.

I have Sierra running without DSDT i only use DSDT if there is no other way to fix things.

(I don't am near my machine right now so i can not check all...)

Bootargs: -v dart=0 npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disble=1

Be sure you use the Broadwell-E kext to patch (google arround it is somewhere here)

Check in the kext part of clover utility: AppleRTC, Kernel PM

Make SMBios of MacPro6,1

In one of the last things in clover patch be sure you have Yes selected at Inject Kect.

Be sure you have the right uefi plugins installed when installing clover...

Then in kext 10.12 map on your efi partition use: FakeSMC.kext IntelliMausi something .kext, X99-

There are some other standards you have to select and install but i think is is the most you need.

Worry about your DSDT when you have it running.

I wrapt my UEFI drivers, latest clover (that i use), kext and i put in all things I use.

I just got the board so i have not running the WiFi but i think that is just google and find it.

Have fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/exqyag009wcs43c/Asus%20X99%20ROG%20Strix.zip?dl=0

Everything runs fine, except the WiFi like I said just installed the board yesterday.

If you use Nvidia don't forget to install latest webdrivers and edit your config file 

(replace the nv_disale by the nvda_drv=1 and check by System Parameters 'Nvidia Webdrivers' )

enjoy

i!

Since 1 Month i'm looking to run OS X on my new system.

Unfortunalety without positive results until now.

System:

- ASUS ROG Strix x99 Gaming (Socket 2011-3, Bios 1401, >>> MANUAL english <<<)

- Intel i7 6850K (Broadwell E)

- Nvidia/Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 TI Xtreme

- Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3000Mhz 2x 8GB

- 256GB Samsung SM961 M.2 2280 PCIe (splitted Win10 & OS X)

- 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SATA

- 3TB Seagate BarraCuda ST3000DM008

I've already an prepared USB BootStick with actual Clover and OS X Sierra.

Windows 10 runs on the system, on the first half of the M.2 Partition.

(Under Windows i have already a running Sierra VirutalBox System. Unfortunately i can't use USB Ports.

I tried many things to resolve but i get each time the same error "buisy usb storrage". So i can't use the virutal machine.

Also my original MacBook Pro starts only sometimes, maybe caused by an broken GPU soldering to the PCB

Caused by this i can only use Win 10 on my new system or sometimes my macbook pro)

Can somebody patch my original DSDT.aml file and prepare the config.plist?

Here is my original DSDT (under Clover saved while pressing F4) and the actually config.plist >>> attachicon.gifEFI_MeO-Style.zip <<<

And here a fully Package of my EFI-USB Partition of the USB Stick >>> EFI-USB <<<

Has somebody of you any idea what i need to activate/disable in my UEFI Bios?

Actually it seems like ...

System boots from BootStick, i see the Clover OS, i can start the installation and while the verbose it freezes and changes to cryptig Signs.

Than i need to do a cold boot.

For me it's very tricky to let run os x on my hackintosh. I'm a bit noob and hope a lot that you can help me out!

Thanks in forward for your patient and time!

regards

Meo

https://www.dropbox.... Strix.zip?dl=0

All {censored} in it only not WiFi, please there is no DSDT patch but please do this later, only on things that does not work well. A lot of things are easier to change in the config.plist file

I think all is ok nly SSD PCIe is maybe not working i can not tell (and i have ASMedia USB3.1 Enabled.... and with these kext it works.

I also run Hasswel-E E5-2683v3 i put the broadwell patch in the config file so it must work but maybe it is not needed anymore but you will find out that by yourself.

Also VooDoo kext for post installation for Audio only WiFi is not working but i just build this system 23 hours ago....

But typing now from Sierra 10.12.5 ;-)

• Like 1