Does my Satellite L40 17's will work with Niresh/Hackintosh?

hellomydearfriends

2 posts in this topic

I got this PC to reassemble and play with. But since i gave my other laptop to my sister i need to work on this. I got the parts but one thing i can't find is the Wi-Fi controler board which is fine since this works well with Android USB Hotspot mode and ethernet. But once i got this idea i didn't find any Virtualization stuff on the BIOS, Windows reported back saying that the CPU is 64bit. But i still had Windows 7 x86 just to stay on the safe side to see if it won't crash on me. Also some components were used with the HP parts. But let me show the specs.

(Some stuff are from Toshiba's site http://www.toshiba.eu/discontinued-products/satellite-l40-17s/

The CPU didn't change just the other components listed. So if the latest won't run, Tell me which versions will? But i still want the new one and i do have a Apple ID account for this so i can download app's for this thing. Also i'm using the USB for this cuz i don't own double layer DVD's and we use digital media like USB flash stuff

751_img.jpgThis is what it look's like.

Sorry i said my model wrong on the title, It's Toshiba Satellite L40-17S

With Windows 7 it looks great on it but Hackintosh will be better for this thing

It's fitted with old Intel GMA X3100 graphics so you're limited to OS X version that run in 32bit kernel mode. That limits you to old Mac OS X versions such as Snow Leopard 10.6 or, at best, Lion 10.7 if that dual-core Pentium can be supported under Lion. There is no support for Intel GMA X3100 beyond Lion.

Ideally, try and change that low-spec dual-core Pentium T2330 (1Mo L2 Cache, FSB533, 1.6GHz) by a Core2Duo model supported by the laptop. This of course depends entirely on chipset + BIOS capabilities. X3100 graphics is integrated to Intel GM965/GL960 chipsets and that can support Merom and Penryn CPUs up to FSB800 (of Merom T7x00 / Penryn T9x00 / etc. families).

Aww. I don't have a Core 2 Duo i only have AMD laptops that i can dissasemble but they are 64bit cpus but the compoments not.