macOS Sierra - Nvidia Web Drivers - Shutdown/Restart problems

Sauron17

26 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I installed macOS Sierra 10.12.2 without problems. But after the installation of the Nvidia Web drivers  it became tricky. The driver works well in a "running" environment, but I can’t shutdown my system properly. There’s a black screen(display is off) and I must shutdown it „manually“. 

I’m sure it’s because of the Nvidia Web driver. 

Booting with deactivated drivers solves the issue. 

What can I do? 

I never had any problems on Yosemite or El Capitan.

The only change I made was setting my SMBios to MacPro5.1 rather than MacPro 4.1, because with 4.1 Sierra cannot be installed.

PS: My DSDT of course have a shutdown fix.

Thank you,

Sauron17

• Like 1

Ok I applied the patch and test it. Now I can boot with enabled driver as a MacPro6.1, but it seems the driver didn't work.

I don't get graphic acceleration and I have vesa resolution. It's the same as booting with nv_disable=1.

• Like 1

Ok now the graphic is good, the driver works with MacPro6.1. I can properly shutdown/reboot.

But I have again no native power management :(

For example: With MacPro5.1 I get in Cinebench around 830 Points, with MacPro6.1 only 320. :(

With MacPro6.1 all the Cores are everytime at 1.60GHz.

• Like 1

ye. ur processor dont use X86PlatformPlugin

89    1 0xffffff7f81d5f000 0x17000    0x17000    com.apple.driver.X86PlatformPlugin (1.0.0) 782DA5F5-F9BB-3B75-B40D-EC8EFFCE89A8 <88 86 17 16 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
  135    1 0xffffff7f81d76000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.driver.X86PlatformShim (1.0.0) B1D28523-ABFF-37CB-8AE9-5EFA58B86DBB <89 88 86 7 4 3>

ur processor use AICPUPM

try beta

ssdtPRGen Beta.command.zip

So I think I have my solution. As a MacBookPro6.1 my computer is operating normally.

The Graphic is working and I have native power management.

I can properly shutdown/reboot/sleep.

Can I use a Desktop as a Laptop? Or are there any problems?

PS: The script has the same result.

i'm not so pro as MalD0n of course but I think you guys are messing a few things up. The low cinebench score indicate a low memory or core clock of the GTX980TI. It doesn't have to do with the p-c states of the CPU. Try to view the clock speeds with hwmonitor (which you get installing latest FakeSMC). The differents in SMBIOS as systemtypes initiated different clocks or power states to the videocard. If I remember correctly this is managed bij AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.Kext or something. You can tune the power states to your demands but of course as soon you upgrade you need to adjust it again. See this.

Cheers

• Like 1

Sauron17, how did you solve the problem you describe in #15? I have exactly the same situation in Sierra 10.12.3 - only the DVI output of the Quadro has a signal and it is 800x600 with min. colors and no acceleration. 

In contrast, all three graphic ports (DP+DVI+VGA) work fine under El Capitan with the web drivers.

Here is what I've done:

1. Patched AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext: its Info.plist is attached

2. Patched the SSDT and renamed the Quadro to GFX1: attached as well

I am also attaching my clover config and the output of registry explorer in order to see how the booted system looks like.

Will be VERY grateful for each and every hint as I am fiddling for the third day in a row now and this drives me nuts. 

EDIT: I now opened a #new thread as barely anybody will find my question here in this comment ...

Mac Pro Registry Explorer.zip

AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext-Info.plist.zip

clover-config.plist.zip

SSDT.aml.zip