Best & stable OSX for Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, I52500K ?

Ferio

12 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Previously I've already build a hackintosch successfully, but before I had a P8P67 pro motherboard and there's a quite a lot of builds with this one. After the motherboard went dead I didn't thought that I would be coming back to Hackintosch and bought an Asrock Z77 extreme4, but now I want to start producing music on OSX rather than windows, because it's faster and I'm able to work with other artists who are using logic. 

I've looked into several builds and I know I have to start with mountain lion and upgrade from there (due software for mac that is used in the tutorials). For logic X I need atleast mavericks, but is this the best OSX for my build or should I upgrade to Yosemite, Capitan or even Sierra perhaps?

Also I see that clover is more populair than Chameleon. When I started Hackintosch I think there was only Chameleon or maybe Clover did exist but was not populair. I tried reading up on Clover, but I rarely see instructions how to install clover properly on my system. Most say follow the steps in the build and they either say Legacy or UEFI, then i see posts about custom bios and so on, while others say you don't need it (anymore)..

In short, because of all the posts (old & new) I have no idea what I need for my motherboard.

I have Snow Leopard working currently on my system, except for the internet. 

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks!

go to sierra and use logic 10.3, what ur GPU?

DaNiEl 2017-01-23 às 12.20.57.png

up ur files, DSDT and ioreg, im work wih ur files for Sierra if u can.

Extract DSDT, use it

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-MaciASL-2017-0117.zip

Extract Ioreg use it 

IORegistryExplorer 3.app.zip

ofc. very very fine.

Create bootable USB

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/559-flash-drive-maker/

after instal clover and essencial kext

into the system and extract files and put here

Okay, first thanks for helping me out here!

To make things a bit more clear. What are the exact stept I should do now? I don't want to mess things up by understanding something wrong.

Currently I have Snow Leopard 10.8.8 installed and have it running without problems, but I do not have internet on there, as I cannot get it working.

Thanks again mate, appreciate the effort!

About clover: What settings do I need to choose for Asrock Z77 extreme4? I believe there are a few options to check or uncheck.

• Like 1

Send me ur DSDT. I'm work with ur clover folder.

run in terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

dsdt generate in desktop

• Like 1

I managed with the help of Maldon to get Sierra installed and have everything ready. 

The only thing I have is the following error: "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."

If anyone has any idea, please tell me how to fix this. After I will post a guide how I got everything working properly. :-) 

Edit: In the bios when my USBboot in inserted in the USB slot I see UEFI USBboot, but on my Samsung SSD drive there's no UEFI in front it. I'm guessing I missed something and it doesn't see the drive as a correct boot?

diskutil list

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *250.1 GB   disk0

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1

2:                  Apple_HFS Sierra                  249.2 GB   disk0s2

3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *15.5 GB    disk1

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1

2:                  Apple_HFS USBboot                 15.2 GB    disk1s2

Disk 0 is the SSD where I installed Sierra on.

Disk 1 is the USB where I boot and installed Sierra with.