7 Pcie slots, only 3 Working - Dual Intel® 5520 I/O Hub

grujicic

3 posts in this topic

First I would like to thank you guys for the great community and perfect source of the informations.

After a lot of struggle i've finally manage to turn this server mobo into great and powerful macpro rig. (smbios - MacPro 5,1)

It runs sierra 10.12.12 with no errors but there is one strange catch.

This mobo has 7 pcie slots, but only first - bottom three actually works !? dpcimanager don't recognise any of the pcie cards inserted into other / upper 4 pcie slots. (pretty sure that bios settings are correct, and these cards works withouth any problem under windows)

I'm using dsdt (there's no way to boot macos installation or the system without one)

MGqoSzJ.jpg

rXPkVQ3.png

** quick example - kt4006 usb 3.0 card (which works oob with 10.12.12) works just fine when is inserted into 3rd pcie slot from the bottom, but doesn't work if it is inserted in any of 4 upper - marked with red - pcie ports.... Basically with this I just want to confirm that the problem is not about pcie cards and specific driver / settings related to them.. it is about slots.

Maybe a few of the initial problems i had with this mobo could be a good clue... After successful sierra installation os recognized 12 cpu threads instead of 24, and 16 gb of ECC Ram instead of 32.

Cpu cores / threads problem is fixed by adding extra cpus in my dsdt file and ram problem by adding proper slot info via clover configurator.

Now both memory and cpu cores works perfectly.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

HI,

did you ever get it working?

I am stuck with 2 CPUS (Xeon 5670) on a X8DTH-6F but I am not sure if both are really working (prime95 show only 12 out of 24 threads working). I have a DSDT where I added missing CPUS.

ALso my 4 PCI slots are still not working. Did you have any success. Do you have a working DSDT?

regards

Schlomo

• 1 year later...