'[IOBluetoothHCIController]...-- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!'

Whatever2930

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

After *several days* of trying to get to the installation screen of OS X Mavericks, I finally succeeded and was able to install it. However, now I'm running into a new error.

(See attached picture)

This is when I'm booting from my HDD, after I installed Mavericks and everything went successfully (installation wise). 

I've tried the following boot args so far (I've tried combinations of them, too):

- -v

- -f

- nv_disable=1 (I had to use this to get to the installation screen)

- ncpi=0x2000 (Or something along the lines of that, I also have tried '3000')

I am stuck with the same error. If the picture wasn't clear, it said "**** [iOBluetoothHCIController][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"

I've ran into a plethora of other errors along the Mavericks installation, I've made a thread about it in the past. Click this if you'd like to view it.

Computer (OptiPlex 760) specs:

- Nvidia GTX 750 ti

- 4GB RAM

- Intel Core 2 Duo (E8400)

- 500GB HDD

*Edit* I've taken out the GPU and used the onboard-- I get the same error.

Thanks in advance  :)

post-1955391-0-97417900-1485047755_thumb.jpg

Edited by Whatever2930

Do you have VT-d enabled in the BIOS? You can try booting with dart=0 and see if that helps at all.

I tried 'dart=0' but got the same error. Also, I've disabled "Intel Virtualization Technology" in the BIOS, however there is no VT-d option anywhere to be found. I'm assuming those are the same, though.

Forgot to ask if you were setting the PCI root to 4 while booting? It's often required on some older high-end Dell desktop and workstation because that's what Dell set in their DSDT as default. With Chameleon/Enoch, you can set this with boot option PciRoot=4 (as shown in the bootloader help if you enter ? at bootloader prompt).

If this does sort out the issue, you can subsequently modify your DSDT to set PCI root to 0 and therefore free yourself from the PCI root setting requirement. You can read about this here or here. It's old stuff but still valid.

I've tried all of your suggestions, sadly none of them have worked. I think I will just find another guide and try to create a new USB. Thanks anyway.

You have to mount the InstallESD package 1st, it's inside it as indicated in the guide. Just double click on it. If you don't see that dmg, then you do not have a legitimate Yosemite installation app.

When I mount InstallESD.dmg, it just shows the folder "Packages" in it. I've used both a Yosemite install app and I used a Sierra install app (that I got from the App Store so it's legitimate) and they both just contain "Packages"

The BaseSystem.dmg is a hidden file. You won't see it by default in Finder unless you've set it up to show all files. It'll be visible in Terminal with command ls -la in the folder.

Nevertheless, type the command specified in the guide to mount it. Basically, just follow the guide.

post-1955391-0-29248600-1485214978_thumb.png

I also tried "Seans-MBP:~ sean$ open Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg"

But I got this still:

"The file /Users/sean/Volumes/OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.dmg does not exist."

I tried both an Install OS X Yosemite app that I got from the internet and a genuine OS X Install Sierra app that I got from the App Store. Each time, I would get the error above.

Yup, that will never work... It's /Volumes/... you need to target, with a slash (/) in front!

As clearly indicated in the guide you said you were following:

11. Go to Applications and find the OS X Yosemite installer.

12. Right click on the installer and choose show package contents

13. Navigate to Contents/Shared Support and double click on the InstallESD.dmg, the .dmg should now mount and appear on your desktop.

14. Open Terminal and type the following command: open /Volumes/OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.dmg.

15. Now, open disk utility and restore your USB drive, NOT the drive, but the volume contained on the drive with the mounted "BaseSystem" NOT the .dmg.

So:

1) You double click on the InstallESD dmg found inside the OS X installation app

2) You mount the BaseSystem dmg with Terminal command: open /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

3) etc. etc.

You got trouble reading? You can always copy/paste published command lines, you know...

FYI, I don't have trouble reading, I copy/pasted it. Several times. Either way, it didn't work. I got it to work with another method, which was not in the guide. 

Also, I selected the line and copied it, and when I pasted it into the terminal, the '/' before Volumes didn't show. I have no clue why, but I can assure you that I can read, and it was this error that threw me off.

I got Yosemite up and running-- wasn't the operating system I wanted (I needed Mavericks for a specific reason), but I can make it work. Thank you.

If Yosemite runs , you can install Maverics too ...

sent from my iPhone 7 Plus