Doubt about better Wi-Fi and Bluetooth adapters for hacking

Vinicius P. Miranda

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys.

Unfortunately I can not find anything to remove my doubts on this issue, for this I am creating a new topic.

I have some problems in my hack because I do not have any WIFI and bluetooth adapter.
So I'm planning to buy the adapters, I will need them to use the Apple Magic Trackpad 2.
I would like these adapters work like the Apple natives, and preferably I did not need special kexts or DSDT editing.

Can yours help me find a site that shows the adapters I can buy that work that way for Sierra 10.12.2?
If yours do not have any websites, do you know some adapters? If you can write a list of some good ones, because I live in Brazil and here it will be difficult to find them.
I need to look for more than one for wifi and more than one for bluetooth.

Thanks guys.

Hello guys.

Unfortunately I can not find anything to remove my doubts on this issue, for this I am creating a new topic.

I have some problems in my hack because I do not have any WIFI and bluetooth adapter.
So I'm planning to buy the adapters, I will need them to use the Apple Magic Trackpad 2.
I would like these adapters work like the Apple natives, and preferably I did not need special kexts or DSDT editing.

Can yours help me find a site that shows the adapters I can buy that work that way for Sierra 10.12.2?
If yours do not have any websites, do you know some adapters? If you can write a list of some good ones, because I live in Brazil and here it will be difficult to find them.
I need to look for more than one for wifi and more than one for bluetooth.

Thanks guys.

For a desktop, you can buy an Apple BCM43602CS and an adapter made for it. I'm using it in one of my hack, native bluetooth and native wifi :)

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed, Apple's own Broadcom-based 802.11n or 802.11ac cards work perfectly and OOB with an adaptor. For instance:

• BCM94360CD (802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4/5GHz, up to 1.3Gbps + BT4.0)
  • BCM94331CD (802.11a/b/g/n, 2.4/5GHz, up to 450Mbps + BT4.0)

There are other Apple variants like the model mentioned by vusun123. Cards and adapters are usually available from well known on-line vendor sites or auction sites.

I use a BCM94360CD with a mini-PCIe adapter in my laptops and everything (wifi + BT) works as in a real Mac.

You may also opt for a more traditional mini-PCIe to PCIe adapter board in which you can fit a regular mini-PCIe wireless or combo wireless/BT card that's compatible with OS X/macOS (Atheros or Broadcom based). Depending on the mini-PCIe card used, you may or may not require kext or kext patching for wireless and/or BT.

I saw that Macs are already using bluetooth 4.2. Do you know any cards already have wifi and bluetooth 4.2 native?
I find these cards only in China. So I will choose to buy the best I can.