H87N - Sierra - working but with reboot loop

Hacaira2

29 posts in this topic

Happy new year to all of you!

I have successfully installed Sierra on an H87N-Wifi mobo using Clover. Everything was working OTB except for usb (some ports not working or slow), trim support, and a reboot loop when asking to shutdown. I have solved the usb problems (using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]) and enabled trim support on both disks, the only problem remaining concern the reboot loop.

To make it clear, it is not a reboot loop during installation problem, it is occurring when trying to shut the system down (via the Finder menu).

The computer does not shutdown but restart the system and display an error message ("your computer has been shutdown because of a problem...") and a message asking if I want to report the problem.

At first I tried to use Clover option's to solve the problem but no success. Then I did all the possible disk repair on root volume via single user mode, nothing changed. Then I verified all the bios settings, no problem found. I verified all the kext and the EFI partition but it is OK. I have four kext (fakesmc, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and two network kext) inside the "10.12" folder.

I have noticed that when I connect the second disk (Sata1), the system disk change his name to "hidsk1" (instead of "hdisk0"), might it be related?

I have also found that it takes minutes to recognize any audio peripheral connected to a USB port... 

I'll appreciate any help.

Here are my specs : H87N-Wifi(F8) - core i3 Haswell - HD 4600 - 8 GB DDR3 XMP - 120 GB SSD(Sata0) + 240 GB SSD(Sata1) - iMac 14,2

So you've tried enabling FixShutdown_0004 in Clover?

if by hdisk0/1 you're referring to /dev/disk0 and /dev/disk1, that's just the order the OS detects multiple disks on one storage controller. It can differ every time you boot. Disk volumes are identified by UUID so that doesn't cause any issues.

Thanks a lot for all yours answers and help proposal.

I 'll try the Clover fix and report the result.

Here attached are all the files (3) I have found inside the "origin" folder of Clover. 

Cheers.

I have enabled FixShutdown_0004 inside the config.plist of Clover but after several restarts, the problem still the same. 

DSDT-origin.zip

So, I have copied the DSDT.aml to the following folders : /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched and /EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/ACPI/Patched.

Still, after several reboots (also cold reboot), I have theses two error messages and usb problems with audio devices.

Thanks for the efforts.

Is there anything else we could try? It is related to power management, maybe a kext could help? I am surprised to be the only one (or almost) to report this problem because I have got this error every time I installed El Capitan or Sierra. Is it related to my machine? I was thinking that (earlier), so I installed the last "BIOS" version (F9), but it was not working right  and I went back to F8.

• Like 1

put only in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched

Power management

run in terminal

curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/master/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh
sudo ~/ssdtPRGen.sh

Audio

put kext in 10.12 folder, id 1 in ur DSDT, if u need inject other id, look at HDEF device / 0x001B0000

post ioreg and kextstat here

if shutdown not work, try HaltEnabler in clover Acpi sections

• Like 1

I have deleted DSDT.aml from the /EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/ACPI/Patched folder.

Regarding ssdtPFGen :

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

But it could not make the copy to /Extra/ssdt.aml because chameleon is not installed. Should I do something else?

I have also enabled HaltEnabler inside config.plist

Here is the ACPI section of my config.plist

<key>ACPI</key>

<dict>

<key>DSDT</key>

<dict>

<key>Debug</key>

<false/>

<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>

<false/>

<key>Fixes</key>

<dict>

<key>FixShutdown_0004</key>

<true/>

<key>HaltEnabler</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>Name</key>

<string>DSDT.aml</string>

<key>ReuseFFFF</key>

<false/>

</dict>

<key>SSDT</key>

<dict>

<key>DropOem</key>

<false/>

<key>Generate</key>

<false/>

</dict>

</dict>

Problems still remain the same.

Regarding audio, I only use usb peripherals (Complete audio 6, Vrm-box), I don’t need the onboard audio, do I have to install AppleALC.kext?

Cheers

Here are Ioreg and kextstat...

ioreg.rtf

kextstat.rtf

I have try other versions of Clover (using installation inside ESP) : r3577, r3726, but it still the same. I have disconnected all peripherals except keyboard and mouse.

Could it be related to the format of the ESP? Should I reformat the EFI partition in FAT32?

I have attached two pictures with the specs for EHCI and XHCI

Everything seems correct for EHCI. For XHCI I guess it also correct.

Could it be that the Mac definition is not correct?

I am using 14,2 but maybe 11,1 would be better?

Is it easy to change?

post-220661-0-52410400-1485143920_thumb.png

post-220661-0-91477900-1485143928_thumb.png

• Like 1

Thank U very much for your help.

I have replaced the complete folder with the one you provided but it crashed on startup (osxaptiofixdrv error). I have realized that there are two files called like that in the driver64UEFI folder (osxaptiofixdrv.efi and osxaptiofix2drv.efi). I have deleted osxaptiofixdrv.efi and the machine finally boots.

I ran the ssdtPRGen script and placed the resulting ssdt.aml inside the patched folder (EFI/Clover/ACPI/). Still the problem persist (and it is now also slow during shutdown).

• Like 1

Halt enabler changed to "false"...

It works! At least for the shutdown-reboot problem. 

I have successfully shutdown the machine and after restart, the error messages are gone.

It still takes some times (30 secondes) to shutdown and almost the same time to recognize audio peripherals but I can live with that.

I am very happy that theses annoying messages at startup are gone. Thank U 

• Like 1

I made some copy tests between a usb3 key (in the front USB ports) and the ssd and the results are around 200MB/s (which is very good).

USB keys, bluetooth dongle, usb disks are quickly recognized, but it still slow for usb audio devices. 

Maybe this is also the reason why the shutdown is so slow, it is waiting that the audio device get disconnected?
I have joined a sample of the system log files (during shutdown) , I have not found anything about audio but a bug inside the Finder (line 5).

If you prefer I can mark the present topic as solved and open a new one for the audio problem?  

I 'll try a fresh install. Thank you

post-220661-0-37620600-1485210142_thumb.png

• Like 1

Reinstallation completed.

What I did : disconnect all usb except keyboard - Sierra usb install (UEFI) - Clover installation (last version) - copy to macHD of the CLOVER folder you gave me (with dsdt and ssdt included) - restart.

At this point the machine boot properly except that a shutdown error message appeared (this time it was after login in).

I copied NULLCPUPM kext to the 10.12 folder of CLOVER and, after reboot, the message disappeared.

It is NOT slow during shutdown anymore and my machine boots faster than ever.  :-)

Still, the recognition of audio usb device is slow (around 30 secondes), but it is not a big problem.

Todo ben. Thank you very much.