Natit.kext - Titan imitation with source.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

lord_muad_dib

lord_muad_dib

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 3,398 posts

0x00f910de

Is ok...

it's working flawlessly! thx!

Guest: Kal_*

• Guests
I actually now have gotten it almost working. NV*40hal.kext loads, the card is detected. Unfortunately as the loginwindow starts up I get stuck with a black screen. Closer though..!

EDIT: I have noticed in NV*40hal.kext my exact card device id isn't listed although a couple are extremely close to it. 0x039210DE is the one for my PCI-E 7600 GS 512MB. Will add and test.
EDIT: Same results. I'm also using the DVI port via a VGA adapter (I tried the monitor in both the VGA and DVI ports). I believe that someone else had the same issues with a CRT.
Odd.

SquidCombo

SquidCombo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
How to uninstall the driver? Doesn't work on my BFG 6600 GT PCI-E. I got jumbled up pixels and now I'm trying to uninstall it.

Edit:
To uninstall, boot with -s
Type the commands to mount the system file
/sbin/fscky -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
Then either run ./uninstallerscript

Tried

Tried

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
will this work for a geforce mx 440?

Kiko

Kiko

You Dont Understand Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

will this work for a geforce mx 440?

LOL, i told you this would happen, umm, the answer is as far as i can see, no.

How to uninstall the driver? Doesn't work on my BFG 6600 GT PCI-E. I got jumbled up pixels and now I'm trying to uninstall it.

boot into -s
mount -uw /
rm /system/extensions/natit.kext
rm /system/library/extensions.kextcache
rm /system/library/extensions.mkext
reboot

SquidCombo

SquidCombo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
haha, kiko, I just answered my own question, then when I refreshed, your answer came up too.

Sorry for spamming the thread; however I want to post results:
BFG 6600 GT doesn't work with either Titan nor Nanit, back to macvidia.

• Guests
For anyone stuck/confused by the process, here is what I did to at least get as far as the mysterious black screen with my card;
For the record, AMD SSE2 machine w/Geforce 7600 GS PCI-E 512MB.

1. Installed 10.4.7 from JaS` shiny DVD. (Why not donate some money to him at www.macforjas.com - he deserves it for his hard work!) Repaired after first boot then rebooted.
2. Installed the .8 AMD SSE2 updater. NOT the .8 DVD, this updater does not use the .8 kernel.
3. Copied the kexts from .8 listed in this thread to the Extensions folder and deleted the kext cache files. Shut down.
4. Repaired install using the .7 DVD. (It doesn't seem to boot with the new kexts unless this is done) and rebooted again.
5. Installed Natit using the installer pkg and rebooted.
This will show NV*40hal.kext (or the relevant for your card) when booting up, and in theory you will either get to the desktop or at least get the infamous black screen.

As with everything OSX86, YMMV, no responsibility taken for destruction of systems, lawsuits, natural disasters and so on. This sequence worked for me up to the point stated.

aberracus

aberracus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
For the ones who wan tto UPGRADE their systems to 10.4.8 with new kernel

look here is easy and quick

http://forum.insanel...showtopic=32025

ptesone

ptesone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
aberracus, you should clairify: for INTEL only. . .

hack-a-mac

hack-a-mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

EDIT: Same results. I'm also using the DVI port via a VGA adapter (I tried the monitor in both the VGA and DVI ports). I believe that someone else had the same issues with a CRT.
Odd.

I can confirm that Natit can work with a CRT plugged into a VGA->DVI adaptor.

robb

robb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I' ve installed the Natic kext, but doesn' t work!!

i wan't to know if i must change other after the installation?

NVIDIA GeForce 6600:

Modello Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6600
Tipo: Monitor
Bus: PCIe
VRAM (totale): 256 MB
Fornitore: NVIDIA (0x10de)
ID dispositivo: 0x0141
ID revisione: 0x00a2
Monitor:
SyncMaster:
Risoluzione: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
Profondit: Colore 32-bit
Core Image: Non Supportato
Monitor principale: S
Mirror: Spento
Online: S
Quartz Extreme: Non Supportato

dm_webd

dm_webd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Retired Developers
  • 63 posts

I' ve installed the Natic kext, but doesn' t work!!

i wan't to know if i must change other after the installation?
NVIDIA GeForce 6600:

Are you using the new kernel from 10.4.8?

magic0200

magic0200

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hope someone can confirm this question about this driver and my monitor:

Using the installer, I have a 7300GS and let me just say everything works perfect in the OS.

I was unsure if this was my end or the driver, but when I boot up I get to the Grey apple screen and then the screen goes black for about 20 seconds, then if I reinitialize my screen after that it shows the loading screen and my screen works fine.

Could this be my monitor or does everyone have this in their boot up?

Using newest OSX with Mifki and installer on news page.

Fernando Birra

Fernando Birra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I was unsure if this was my end or the driver, but when I boot up I get to the Grey apple screen and then the screen goes black for about 20 seconds, then if I reinitialize my screen after that it shows the loading screen and my screen works fine.

What do you mean with this? turn it off and back on? I also have problems with my setup loosing the signal during boot, when it switches from the gray apple logo to the starting screen. I have my monitor connected to the DVI port (which seems to be port :), without any adapter. With Titan I need to have the VGA port connected since most of the times I don't get the image back on the DVI output. But it works 100% of the times on VGA port. With the Natit latest version, with the modifications to have dual monitor setup I can get the DVI output most of the times. I would say about 80%. However, now I need to have the VGA port totally disconnected or I will get an empty blue screen on DVI and nothing on VGA...

My card is a 7600GS with 256 Mb

Fernando Birra

bofors

bofors

ConvertIt2Mac.com

• Members
  • 3,462 posts

Could this be my monitor or does everyone have this in their boot up?

Everybody has this sort of thing happening on boot and setting the EDID values does not seem to fix either, perhaps setting someother keys would.

However, now I need to have the VGA port totally disconnected or I will get an empty blue screen on DVI and nothing on VGA...

My card is a 7600GS with 256 Mb

This seems kind of odd. What brand of card do you have? Which kernel are you using? Can you give us the specs. of your system?

This version of Natit might work better for you: http://forum.insanel...t...ost&id=5778

Fernando Birra

Fernando Birra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Everybody has this sort of thing happening on boot and setting the EDID values does not seem to fix either, perhaps setting someother keys would.
This seems kind of odd. What brand of card do you have? Which kernel are you using? Can you give us the specs. of your system?

This version of Natit might work better for you: http://forum.insanel...t...ost&id=5778

My card is a Manli 7600GS with 256MB, DVI+VGA+TV out (supposedly hidef capable).
My system is MSI 915G based with onboard VGA disabled, CPU is P4 630 and I am running 10.4.8 with mifki's (nonx) kernel.

Are you sure about the link above?

Fernando

bofors

bofors

ConvertIt2Mac.com

• Members
  • 3,462 posts

My card is a Manli 7600GS with 256MB, DVI+VGA+TV out (supposedly hidef capable).
My system is MSI 915G based with onboard VGA disabled. CPU is P4 630.

You are running 10.4.8, right? Which kernel, Semthex's?

Are you sure about the link above?

Yes, that is the 0.01 version of the dual display Natit.kext. It does not use the "@0,NVMT" key and works on VGA/DVI cards fine: http://forum.insanel...o...=32536&st=0

Fernando Birra

Fernando Birra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

You are running 10.4.8, right? Which kernel, Semthex's?
Yes, that is the 0.01 version of the dual display Natit.kext. It does not use the "@0,NVMT" key and works on VGA/DVI cards fine: http://forum.insanel...o...=32536&st=0

Ok, I got the file but I have already played with the both NVCAP and NVMT entries. Tried the 4 combinations but nothing. I will try again later since I am not near my desktop but using the laptop instead.

My desktop is running Darwin 8.8.1 mifki/Vitaliy kernel (the one with nx disabled). It runs perfect so far, including sleep function.

By the way, does anyone know if there has ever existed an Apple notebook with an nVidia card? It would be nice to have the ioreg output of such a system since I can't make the internal display of my Toshiba notebook to work using Natit/Titan. The output always goes to the VGA connector on my GeForce FX Go5200. However, in this case I am still stuck with 8.4.1 kernel since it is a SS2 machine.

Fernando

magic0200

magic0200

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Thanks for all the replies :)

I'm running 10.4.8 tried both SEM and MIF on a 945G board (Dell E510) and Nvidia (PNY) 7300GT with DVI (looks amazing).

My computer boots
Dell Screen loading
Apple Grey Screen with circle load
Screen Goes Black where no signal is found
I wait approx 20 seconds (any less than that and still no sync is found)
Turn monitor off and on again and I come to the OSX loading bar (extremely quick load)

GUI and OS run perfect after that.
(screen saver, sleep mode....etc)

Hope this can clarify. I am also using the Natit from the news release so I am unaware of any new versions of it if there is one since that post.

bofors

bofors

ConvertIt2Mac.com

• Members
  • 3,462 posts

Ok, I got the file but I have already played with the both NVCAP and NVMT entries. Tried the 4 combinations but nothing.

Well then don't bother with v0.01.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy