Natit.kext - Titan imitation with source.

dm_webd

83 posts in this topic

I am running a VGA monitor from a DVI-VGA adapter, could it be that only pure DVI out works?

vga works on 7600 gt with this natit.kext :spam:

try another kernel... with semthex kernel i get black screen after sleep mode... i think its not the same error like you, but you can try ;)

DVI on 7900 GS[0x0292] works fine. However, system sleep doesn't work. The machine will go to sleep, but it will not wake up. Is there any way to fix this with the source?

read one above... i had the same problem with semthex kernel :spam: with mfikis there are no problems on wake up.

Just as with omni's version, the kext is loading fine and says that my 7900 GT/GTO has been detected, but when the GUI should start, I get just a black screen. The system starts ok, no errors in logs... only the screen stays black.

It seems that most but not all 7900 have problems with Titan:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=31975

Could it be possible to make a version of your kext, where the different options could be altered for example from plists?

Yes, this should be among the first developmental goals for this Natit project.

For those with old fx5200, i got it working but without QE/CI. I just removed GeForce.kext (as it was mentioned by dm_webd in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...31777&st=20 )

When GeForce.kext was loaded i got blue screen, but system was running.

Its working, look http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=225061

I can't believe it happend ....

Hmm.. It is hard to believe that the mifki's kernel would be the reason for 7900GTO not to work, as people have 7900GT working with both kernels. I'd like to help and tweak the settings on the kext myself as I know some C and C++, but I have no idea how to work with Xcode or Mac OS...

1. Is it possible to make the kext not take so long to iterate through the keys? It adds like a minute to boot time.

2. Is it possible to return the Starting Mac OS X screen? The monitor turning off kind of takes away from the experience. ;P

After installing Titan or Natiti.kext your System does not restart properly? Simply run your hackint0sh install DVD, go into Disk Utility and repair permissions from DVD, that fixed the restart bug here.

With both, your's and Omni's version (called xxx.kext), I experience the following behaviour (I have JaS latest release installed with Semthex Kernel):

- installed xxx.kext, rebooted - full resolution, QE/CI, just unbelievable ..

- pressed reboot - Laptop boots down, fans keep spinning, screen stays black no matter how long I wait, that's it. I need to press the power button briefly to have my Laptop restart. As soon as I deactivate xxx.kext restart works again.

Tried Mifki's Kernel just for comparison, same thing.

I see you didn't respond to any ones ATi questions :whistle:

Do you think you could make your build work for ATi :D

If I can get my hands on an ati card, I'll sure try. But as it is now I haven't got any ati cards, so I can't really do anything.

1. Is it possible to make the kext not take so long to iterate through the keys? It adds like a minute to boot time.

That's weird, it only takes about a second on my computers.

2. Is it possible to return the Starting Mac OS X screen? The monitor turning off kind of takes away from the experience. ;P

I don't know if I can do anything to prevent it - I think it's something the nVidia driver does, but I'll try to look into it.

I have asked Mash to make an X-Labs project forum for this work.

Thanks, this will help keep all the development talk and updates in the right place.

Just as with omni's version, the kext is loading fine and says that my 7900 GT/GTO has been detected, but when the GUI should start, I get just a black screen. The system starts ok, no errors in logs... only the screen stays black. Could it be possible to make a version of your kext, where the different options could be altered for example from plists?

It was actually my plan to make the settings available by plist, but I just wanted the kext tested first, so I released it.

I'm looking into making it read the info from a plist.

edit:

I am running a VGA monitor from a DVI-VGA adapter, could it be that only pure DVI out works?

I could be. There's some options in the source for setting the display type, I know CRT, LCD and TVO should be valid settings. It will be easier for you to test when the plist thing is done - If you want to try now, you need xcode.

That's weird, it only takes about a second on my computers.

Any suggestions on what I could do then? I have a 7900 GS[device id 0x0292]. This also seems to happen to a few other people I know, so I'm not alone.

If I can get my hands on an ati card, I'll sure try. But as it is now I haven't got any ati cards, so I can't really do anything.

I'd love to help out with getting a working ATI version. Don't know much about how this stuff works, but point me in the right direction and I should be fine.

It has been far too long that ATI notebook owners have gone without native resolution support.

Any suggestions on what I could do then? I have a 7900 GS[device id 0x0292]. This also seems to happen to a few other people I know, so I'm not alone.

I'm remaking the kext with a different method of finding the right entry, which doesn't require iterating the registry. That might help.

Can't wait for ATI

HIS today has launched the first PCI graphics card based on an ATI X1300 3D chip. The passively cooled HIS X1300 silence Dual DVI 256MB PCI sports a dual link DVI connection, ATI's Avivo technology and H264/VC1 acceleration.

ok I ran the natit installer and I didn't get the QE or CI support nor did I get the hibernate sleep support. Am I missing something? I have 10.4.7 patched to 10.4.8 and registering in the system profiler. I have a leadtech nothing fancy 7800gtx pci e. Do I need to install 10.4.8 fresh and then install the natit and that will solve everything? Or am I missing something like I need to install the titan kext still and configure it? I am sorry to be such a noob.

ok I ran the natit installer and I didn't get the QE or CI support nor did I get the hibernate sleep support. Am I missing something? I have 10.4.7 patched to 10.4.8 and registering in the system profiler. I have a leadtech nothing fancy 7800gtx pci e. Do I need to install 10.4.8 fresh and then install the natit and that will solve everything? Or am I missing something like I need to install the titan kext still and configure it? I am sorry to be such a noob.

ChuckDSanders,

You need to be running 10.4.8 with kernel 8.8.1. TO see that digit on the console: uname -a

This will show you what version of the Darwin kernel you are running. It´s probably 8.4.1.

ChuckDSanders,

You need to be running 10.4.8 with kernel 8.8.1. TO see that digit on the console: uname -a

This will show you what version of the Darwin kernel you are running. It´s probably 8.4.1.

Thank you, yeah you are right, so where does one get the 8.8.1 kernel? I am assuming its a download or patch away from being good? So after I update the kernel will everything else be kosher? Thank you again

I think you can search yourself at torrent sites or check the IRC where it might already be listed. Either way, please use The Genius Bar to get all the help you need with 8.8.1 kernels. There are good guides and people knowledgeable about all variants of the kernel there. Good luck!

I think you can search yourself at torrent sites or check the IRC where it might already be listed. Either way, please use The Genius Bar to get all the help you need with 8.8.1 kernels. There are good guides and people knowledgeable about all variants of the kernel there. Good luck!

Ok I am downloading the JAS 10.4.8 ISO, does that have the necessary Kernel provided I do a fresh install?

There is no need to download the whole ISO, you only need the new kernel and the needed kext. Make for smaller downloads....Don't forget to update to latest 10.4.8 from Apple...

Atleast it work for me...Mind I have ATI card but to upgrade to 10.4.8 with 8.8.1 only need the above files and nothing more...