Natit.kext - Titan imitation with source.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
After installing Titan or Natiti.kext your System does not restart properly? Simply run your hackint0sh install DVD, go into Disk Utility and repair permissions from DVD, that fixed the restart bug here.

icyderguru

icyderguru

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Very nice dm_webd B)

Tried your kext its working like omnis titan, changed the values which might give dual display support but couldnt get it to work but i hope someone can get it to work :D

A special forum would be great, the next step would be to port it for ati and support for multiple cards at the same time to get more displays connected :dev:

MacRetail

MacRetail

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
And support for older NVDia-cards B)

zam

zam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Just as with omni's version, the kext is loading fine and says that my 7900 GT/GTO has been detected, but when the GUI should start, I get just a black screen. The system starts ok, no errors in logs... only the screen stays black. Could it be possible to make a version of your kext, where the different options could be altered for example from plists? This seems to be so close, I wouldn't like to sell out this great card for a less powerful version in order to get it to work... And I think that this is a quite popular model also. I don't have Xcode, and propably wouln't know how to use it but I would like to help if anyhow possible.

edit:
I am running a VGA monitor from a DVI-VGA adapter, could it be that only pure DVI out works?

aberracus

aberracus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
is there a way to make an "efi.kext" wich reads some paratemers by plist settings and past them to the drivers? so we end having an universal kext ?

What about an ATI Natit ?

erikk

erikk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

I am running a VGA monitor from a DVI-VGA adapter, could it be that only pure DVI out works?

vga works on 7600 gt with this natit.kext :spam:

try another kernel... with semthex kernel i get black screen after sleep mode... i think its not the same error like you, but you can try ;)

Korrupted

Korrupted

Wandering Samurai

• Retired
  • 1,623 posts
  • Interests:Mac<br />Laptops
DVI on 7900 GS[0x0292] works fine. However, system sleep doesn't work. The machine will go to sleep, but it will not wake up. Is there any way to fix this with the source?

erikk

erikk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

DVI on 7900 GS[0x0292] works fine. However, system sleep doesn't work. The machine will go to sleep, but it will not wake up. Is there any way to fix this with the source?

read one above... i had the same problem with semthex kernel :spam: with mfikis there are no problems on wake up.

Korrupted

Korrupted

Wandering Samurai

• Retired
  • 1,623 posts
So it's an error in Semthex's kernel, I see.

bofors

bofors

ConvertIt2Mac.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Just as with omni's version, the kext is loading fine and says that my 7900 GT/GTO has been detected, but when the GUI should start, I get just a black screen. The system starts ok, no errors in logs... only the screen stays black.

It seems that most but not all 7900 have problems with Titan:

http://forum.insanel...showtopic=31975

Could it be possible to make a version of your kext, where the different options could be altered for example from plists?

Yes, this should be among the first developmental goals for this Natit project.

fingerr

fingerr

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
For those with old fx5200, i got it working but without QE/CI. I just removed GeForce.kext (as it was mentioned by dm_webd in http://forum.insanel...o...31777&st=20 )

When GeForce.kext was loaded i got blue screen, but system was running.

Its working, look http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=225061

I can't believe it happend ....

Korrupted

Korrupted

Wandering Samurai

• Retired
  • 1,623 posts
Well I got it to sleep using a version of Mifki's kernel, but when it wakes up, my usb mouse doesn't work! This is weird.. :S

zam

zam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Hmm.. It is hard to believe that the mifki's kernel would be the reason for 7900GTO not to work, as people have 7900GT working with both kernels. I'd like to help and tweak the settings on the kext myself as I know some C and C++, but I have no idea how to work with Xcode or Mac OS...

Korrupted

Korrupted

Wandering Samurai

• Retired
  • 1,623 posts
1. Is it possible to make the kext not take so long to iterate through the keys? It adds like a minute to boot time.

2. Is it possible to return the Starting Mac OS X screen? The monitor turning off kind of takes away from the experience. ;P

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,108 posts

this messing around with kernels and drivers is fun. :D

I see you didn't respond to any ones ATi questions :whistle:

Do you think you could make your build work for ATi :)

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
After installing Titan or Natiti.kext your System does not restart properly? Simply run your hackint0sh install DVD, go into Disk Utility and repair permissions from DVD, that fixed the restart bug here.

With both, your's and Omni's version (called xxx.kext), I experience the following behaviour (I have JaS latest release installed with Semthex Kernel):

- installed xxx.kext, rebooted - full resolution, QE/CI, just unbelievable ..

- pressed reboot - Laptop boots down, fans keep spinning, screen stays black no matter how long I wait, that's it. I need to press the power button briefly to have my Laptop restart. As soon as I deactivate xxx.kext restart works again.

Tried Mifki's Kernel just for comparison, same thing.

dm_webd

dm_webd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Retired Developers
  • 63 posts

I see you didn't respond to any ones ATi questions :whistle:
Do you think you could make your build work for ATi :D

If I can get my hands on an ati card, I'll sure try. But as it is now I haven't got any ati cards, so I can't really do anything.

1. Is it possible to make the kext not take so long to iterate through the keys? It adds like a minute to boot time.

That's weird, it only takes about a second on my computers.

2. Is it possible to return the Starting Mac OS X screen? The monitor turning off kind of takes away from the experience. ;P

I don't know if I can do anything to prevent it - I think it's something the nVidia driver does, but I'll try to look into it.

I have asked Mash to make an X-Labs project forum for this work.

Thanks, this will help keep all the development talk and updates in the right place.

Just as with omni's version, the kext is loading fine and says that my 7900 GT/GTO has been detected, but when the GUI should start, I get just a black screen. The system starts ok, no errors in logs... only the screen stays black. Could it be possible to make a version of your kext, where the different options could be altered for example from plists?

It was actually my plan to make the settings available by plist, but I just wanted the kext tested first, so I released it.
I'm looking into making it read the info from a plist.

edit:

I could be. There's some options in the source for setting the display type, I know CRT, LCD and TVO should be valid settings. It will be easier for you to test when the plist thing is done - If you want to try now, you need xcode.

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,108 posts

If I can get my hands on an ati card, I'll sure try.

Thanks, thats all anybody could ask for :)

Korrupted

Korrupted

Wandering Samurai

• Retired
  • 1,623 posts

That's weird, it only takes about a second on my computers.

Any suggestions on what I could do then? I have a 7900 GS[device id 0x0292]. This also seems to happen to a few other people I know, so I'm not alone.

asstastic

asstastic

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

If I can get my hands on an ati card, I'll sure try. But as it is now I haven't got any ati cards, so I can't really do anything.

I'd love to help out with getting a working ATI version. Don't know much about how this stuff works, but point me in the right direction and I should be fine.

It has been far too long that ATI notebook owners have gone without native resolution support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy