Sucess Installation Sierra in Ga-Ex58-ud3R rev1.0

iceage2609

5 posts in this topic

It was the first time since my first Hackinotsh installation in 10.5.8 with chameleon that i used a different bootloader and after 2-3 times and some errors i managed to boot with Clover in my new Samsung SSD disk. Trim enabled with sudo trimforce enable

I did some fixes in the config.plist and the NVDSstartup kext for my GTX 285 Nvidia to work, toleda audio injection for the audio and MLB guide for imessages.Wifi - bluetooth - RAM etc all work just fine.I used my old DSDT.aml from the chameleon Yosemite installation.

Another issue was the time from b1f:init 5 etc till the boot selection screen shows,that it was about 20 or more seconds.Installing Clover with BiosBlockIO option greatly reduced the time to 2 seconds!!

Airdrop works as well but handoff no.In general tab handoff is enabled but i can't make it work with my iphone :-( I don't know why... (Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: Yes --- Handoff Supported: Yes ) 

Does anyone have a clue about that ?

Another issue that come up is that i can't turn off my bluetooth. Does anyone face this very same error ? 

post-572805-0-46360700-1483887059_thumb.png

Hello. Which Clover version did you run to install? I have 2 machines with old X58 chipset and both can run Sierra very well with Clover r3650 (newer versions don't work properly) so I suggest you to try that Clover old release.

Hi there. For the usb stick i used the one included in the last uni_something app, i can't really remember the version. For my disk i run Clover_v2.3k_r3974 which i've downloaded from the Download section and check the one with BiosBlockIO.That solve the problem with the delay time during the boot.

I have no complain,it run very well and the installation wasn't a pain in the neck. Everything worked like a charm. The only one that really troubled me was the NVDAStartup kextfor the Graphics card to work.

The other issues is a routine in most installations,you know a bit change of this in the config.plist a little change of that for the audio.

Despite it's really an old guard :-) sierra run really smooth .iMessages work fine as well.

My only 2 issues and as far as i can tell maybe they don't have anything to do with the clover-hackintosh thing is the handoff and the ON_OFF for the bluetooth.I guess handoff needs a combination of log-ins-out of the icloud in both of my devices or something like that but i don't know what and the bluetooth despite it works just fine,can't be turned off.That's strange.

Hello. Which Clover version did you run to install? I have 2 machines with old X58 chipset and both can run Sierra very well with Clover r3650 (newer versions don't work properly) so I suggest you to try that Clover old release.

Could you elaborate on the issues that the new versions of Clover cause? I'm having issues getting a copy of Sierra properly running on a similar motherboard, the x58a-ud3r rev 2.0. Main issue seems to be sleep. It goes to sleep and wakes up, but ejects all the external drives every time it does.

Just as a feedback,the last 2 issues i mentioned were fixed. The Handoff not working had to do with my wifi card. It was ON but not connected to the right DNS.

The bluetooth issue is really strange.I have been reading the past few days some reports from sierra users that they can not turn the bluetooth off and the solution that worked as it did for me is to connect a usb keyboard or mouse. So i bought a cheap usb mouse connected it and that's it. I can now turn off and on the bluetooth switch.