Dell XPS 15 (9560, Version 2017) compatibility information

Krim404

186 posts in this topic

I'll have whatever this guy is smoking please.

How do you read this thread and come to that conclusion mate?

Because I did not see anyone who could run it with compatible with all hardware devices, some people complain about the mouse, some about the VGA and some about the SSD HDD. :)

Because I did not see anyone who could run it with compatible with all hardware devices, some people complain about the mouse, some about the VGA and some about the SSD HDD. :)

it's true you won't get the GeForce card working under macOS, but the rest you can make work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
I have update my xps 9560 4k to 10.12.6. Now I get an infinite black screen after the verbose mode.
I tried different things from some posts I read. I can get it working only by using an external monitor (tried with thunderbolt 3 to HDMI cable) or by setting ig-platform-id to a value that make the system loading with only 31mb of video memory.
Here's my Clover folder (I set serial number to "XXXX" before upload so don't look it).
What should I do?
Thanks

Edit:

I forced to load the kext "CoreDisplayFixup" and in the "config.plist" I setted "ig-platform-id" to "0x591b0000" and "IntelGFX" to "0x59168086" and now it works

Clover.rar

Edited by Barcaz01

Does anybody could try to open a pages document and use the collaborate button .

On my computer the popup froze automatically during enter an email adress to send the invite .

Does anybody already seen this ? Related to my icloud account ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

Never had anything else than PCs in my life (I'm 47) !!! So this is my first to OSx / Unix... You all made it so easy to Hackintosh my Dell !!!

I just want to thank you all so much !! Needed just 4 hours to get a Hackintosh (MacBook Pro 14,3) out of my my DELL XPS 15 9560 with LiteOn CX2 M.2 (which was the only real difficulty).

Next steps :

- Benchmark my Hackintosh (check about having full graphics and M.2 speed)

- Waiting for my wifi dongle

... and will be completely set !

I want to stress out that I only needed to read carefully most of your posts to make it all work, ALL INFO was available through the conversation of others... so THANK YOU SO SO MUCH !!!

Best regards,

Darlio

(ps. If anybody needs my CLOVER folder zipped, I will upload)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,I have update my xps 9560 4k to 10.12.6. Now I get an infinite black screen after the verbose mode.I tried different things from some posts I read. I can get it working only by using an external monitor (tried with thunderbolt 3 to HDMI cable) or by setting ig-platform-id to a value that make the system loading with only 31mb of video memory.Here's my Clover folder (I set serial number to "XXXX" before upload so don't look it).What should I do?Thanks

Edit:

I forced to load the kext "CoreDisplayFixup" and in the "config.plist" I setted "ig-platform-id" to "0x591b0000" and "IntelGFX" to "0x59168086" and now it works

Im having the same exact issue as I upgrade to 10.12.6 .. but unfortunately your fix isnt working for me as it freezes on the verbose screen. Do you mind uploading your new clover folder? Thanks

-

Update: I got the latest CoreDisplayFixup and I setted "ig-platform-id" to "0x591b0000" and "IntelGFX" to "0x59168086" and now main screen works  but HDMI doesn't work and neither does webcam..

Edited by tg4m

• 2 months later...