LOGIN LOOP SIERRA H110M GTX 950

erik78

5 posts in this topic

HI,

this is my first post here and I write because I was not able to find a solution to my problem.

I used both clover and ##### methods to install Sierra on a ga-h110m with a gtx 950, with the same result, following described. INstallation went fine in both methods.

I used clover for post installation. In order to load correctly nvidia drivers I used (in clover installation) the option to activate NVRAM EmuVariableUefi-64 (not possible to load nvidia without this). 

These the beaviours:

Without activate EmuVariableUefi-64 in clover installation, no way to load nvidia kexts but I can login without problems.

With EmuVariableUefi-64 option activated, the nvidia kexts are loaded during boot, but I can't login. After password, correct typed, the system loop asking me password again. With guest user I can login but nothing is working not finder nor safari, nothing.

Someone has my same problem? I suppose something wrong with NVRAM clover file. At the end I installed and ran El Capitan without probles, with EmuVariableUefi-64 activated.

Please, help me. Thanks a lot.

hi..

did you try  using "nv disable=1" at boot..?

do you have the proper nvidia driver?

did you have to patch  AGDP?

at this forum forget #####..please read the rules

c.frio

• 2 months later...

Hi C.Frio, I tried everything you suggested, without success. 

After some time I figured out what the problem was...It's a problem related to Nvidia GTX950 firmware 84.05.3D.00.30, I updated to a newest one 84.06.5E.00.10 using NVFLASH and the loop login problem in Sierra disappeared.
If someone needs details please write me, I can share the procedure I used.
  • Like 1