my hd4000 garphic card need help

bihailantian5

20 posts in this topic

这里是我的问题,以后我successfuly使用三叶草安装MacOS的10.12塞拉利昂在我的笔记本ausus亲45 VJ【酷睿i53210米ES CPU】并重新启动,我发现我的显卡只能说明4M,我已经尝试注入IG平台ID 0x01660003,它显示1536米但happend后做什么我宁可frustrted,因为登录后有一次,我在几秒钟后点击任意按钮就像电脑是死的计算机将成为unresonpsive,所以即使我能得到QE EI的效果,但ICAN什么都不做,也是。我使用HD4000 DSDT补丁修改DSDT,并把它放在EFI三叶草ACPI补丁文件夹,得到相同的结果

使用Windows 10我已经检查了我的显卡ID absoutly为0x01660032112米

谁能帮助我什么是错我的电脑  

I have the same CPU/Chipset.  My ig-platform-id is 0x01660004.  Try that.  The other problem you have is not related to your graphics.  After reviewing your config.plist for Clover, I would change all USB options to false.  I would change InjectEDID to true.  I would change all kernel and kext patches to false (not the custom ones you added but the default ones that you have all set to true.). See if that makes a difference.  

In my experience, the problem new users often face is that they try too many things at once.  Your config.plist should start out as basic as possible and then slowly add things to it to see what works and what doesn't.

Good luck.

thanks for your advice ,i will edit my config and try ,but according  to some information  0x01660004  and a   should be used on the laptop with high resolution screen

It would help if you had your system specs in your signature.  You are right about high res displays.  I don't know what the resolution is for your display.  As you can see in my sig, my display is 1920x1080.  But try the other edits and see if your system is more stable.

What is the status of your Nvidia GPU?  I have a discreet GPU in my laptop (AMD Radeon 7850M) but it is disabled in the BIOS so I can't use it when running macOS.  It does work when I run Windows.  It might be that you have both video cards working, in which case, you would likely get a kernel panic or freeze. Does your System Information show the Nvidia GPU in the Graphics/Displays section?  Does the video card have a display associated with it?  If so, you may be able to choose which video card you want to use (something that HP Envy owners have wanted but HP will not allow.)

Here, try out this config.plist.  I took yours and made some edits.  I assumed you put in a Broadcom wifi card and put in kext patches for the Brcm4360.  You can delete those if you have a different wifi card.  Also, I assumed you have your own SSDT and DSDT.  If you do not have a custom SSDT, you need to change the SSDT settings to not drop the OEM and to create an SSDT.

config.plist.zip

Also, I looked at your DSDT.  The GFX0 is mostly OK but there are some errors (which may not have any effect) so I corrected them and removed some unnecessary code.

DSDT.aml.zip

Lastly, I am still concerned that you are still using ig-platform-id 0x01660003.  My reason for that is that the setting requires 64 MB video memory to run and my laptop only has 32 MB.  (I think that may be the default setting for all H67 chipset motherboards and you cannot change video memory in the BIOS.)  If that's the case, and you cannot use 0x01660004, I think you should try 0x01620005.  Also, it is not correct that 0x01660004 can only be used for high resolution displays.  But here's the thing - once you put your ig-platform-id in your DSDT, you cannot modify it anywhere else.  Any changes you make to your config.plist for Clover will not change your ig-platform-id.  Your custom DSDT will override any Clover entries.  Therefore, you need to change the ig-platform-id in your DSDT in order to check to see if 0x01660004 works.  Check out this old but good explanation of how ig-platform-id works:

http://blog.stuffedcow.net/2012/07/intel-hd4000-qeci-acceleration/

1st              I  do not have a Broadcom wifi card so i delete it,

2nd             i do not have a custom ssdt so i just change the SSDT settings to not drop the  OEM 。【there is no   ssdt file in the efi                           folder】

Thirdly        i can set these numbers 【32 64 128 256 512】 in the BIOS. 

after i put  all your files in the correct place【delete the old files】

If i use 0x01660004【32m】,  reboot the computer after half of the prograss bar the screen will become black 

If i use 0x01660005 ,there is no qe ci  ,4m only

so i try  ig-platform-id 0x01660003【64m】【 only change dsdt 】 ,after reboot the laptop still freezing .  

i think maybe it is the hardware problem

1st              I  do not have a Broadcom wifi card so i delete it,

2nd             i do not have a custom ssdt so i just change the SSDT settings to not drop the  OEM 。【there is no   ssdt file in the efi                           folder】

Thirdly        i can set these numbers 【32 64 128 256 512】 in the BIOS. 

after i put  all your files in the correct place【delete the old files】

If i use 0x01660004【32m】,  reboot the computer after half of the prograss bar the screen will become black 

If i use 0x01660005 ,there is no qe ci  ,4m only

so i try  ig-platform-id 0x01660003【64m】【 only change dsdt 】 ,after reboot the laptop still freezing .  

i think maybe it is the hardware problem

Look at this link:

https://rr7blog.wordpress.com/tag/intel-hd-4000/

At the bottom, it gives the ID's to use for different display types.  You want an ID that will give you LVDS, which is your laptop screen.  You can try 0x01660008 or 0x0166009, but they require 64 MB video memory.  You can try 0x01660001 but that requires 96 MB video memory.  I would try the various settings to see if you can get one to work.  But remember that the video memory has to match your ID.  Use the link I cited above for that:

http://blog.stuffedcow.net/2012/07/intel-hd4000-qeci-acceleration/

You were not clear about your BIOS setting.  Can you change the internal video memory or the DVMT total memory.  Only internal video memory settings are read by macOS.  It does not consider DVMT.  

One last thing, when you used 0x01660004 at 32 MB, your video driver loaded.  That's why the screen turned black.  You should be able to boot to safe mode with those settings by using the boot arg -x.  After you boot to safe mode, rebuild your kernel and kext cache and see if, when you reboot, you might just get the video driver to load correctly and get video with full hardware acceleration.

below is the bios setting pic 

1st     0x01660004  safe mode still is black screen  。bios video memory setting  【32 or64】get same  result     

2nd    0x01660003 safe mode  the only difference is it  will show 1536m but without  full acceleration。bios video memory                  

setting  【32 or64】get  same  result    【strange】

third    0x01660003  boot to safe mode then rebuild  kernel and kext cache  ,reboot nothing changed still freezing。

0x01660009  black screen【with correct bios video memory  setting】

0x01660008  no full acceleration  4m 【with correct bios video memory  setting】

In this article there are something I don't understand 

Also, my BIOS has the graphics memory locked at 64MB, so the first two platform ID types just crash.【why crash,and which two id ?】 when using this my display gets detected on framebuffer @2 【how did he know his display gets detected on framebuffer @2?  is it related to the red arrow  igpu@2? i have checked  with ox01660003  in safe mode mine  is igpu@2 too 】,meaning that my Display gets detected on any of the ones that have 04 06 present.   【even if he knew this  what can he do 】

post-1936643-0-32010400-1483694295_thumb.jpg

post-1936643-0-39566100-1483696049_thumb.jpg

post-1936643-0-13244900-1483704048_thumb.jpg

hello

i have same problem in my lappy .. this is what i use in clover

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5051&p=45628&hilit=hd+4000+glitches#p45628

remember kexttopatch is done in cache .. so the kext must be in cache ..

try several times to restart until the kext are updated to cache ..

u can also try to do that in the kext .. with a hex editor ..

good hack

• Like 1

below is the bios setting pic 

1st     0x01660004  safe mode still is black screen  。bios video memory setting  【32 or64】get same  result     

2nd    0x01660003 safe mode  the only difference is it  will show 1536m but without  full acceleration。bios video memory                  

setting  【32 or64】get  same  result    【strange】

third    0x01660003  boot to safe mode then rebuild  kernel and kext cache  ,reboot nothing changed still freezing。

0x01660009  black screen【with correct bios video memory  setting】

0x01660008  no full acceleration  4m 【with correct bios video memory  setting】

In this article there are something I don't understand 

Also, my BIOS has the graphics memory locked at 64MB, so the first two platform ID types just crash.【why crash,and which two id ?】 when using this my display gets detected on framebuffer @2 【how did he know his display gets detected on framebuffer @2?  is it related to the red arrow  igpu@2? i have checked  with ox01660003  in safe mode mine  is igpu@2 too 】,meaning that my Display gets detected on any of the ones that have 04 06 present.   【even if he knew this  what can he do 】

I think artur_pt's suggestion is the way to go.  Your BIOS only allows you to adjust DVMT.  You should set that to MAX or 512, whichever is highest.  But that is not what macOS looks at to determine graphics capability.  It looks at internal graphics memory only.  They are different.  Therefore, your laptop is most probably set to 32 MB of internal video memory like most HD4000 laptops.  (It is set that low because Asus anticipated that you would use the Nvidia GPU for intense graphics usage, not the HD4000.  Since we are using macOS, which cannot switch between GPU's, you are stuck with HD4000 and 32 MB of video memory.  The fact that you are getting a black screen with 0x01660004 is actually a good thing.  It means the driver is loading and working.  It's just not sending the signal to your laptop's screen.  The Clover patch that artur_pt suggested in his link should change that but, like he said, it may take several reboots before it works right.  Once the patch is in your kext cache, it will work right from then on.

hello

the vram must be set to 32 mb .. is that u have in ur bios ?

here it works perfect with that .. if i use 0x1660003 i have the glitches ..

Captura de ecrã 2017-01-07, às 16.46.39.png

see if the kext are loaded

to the cache (run in terminal)

kextsat | grep Intel

good hack