Also, i can suggest to try this solution:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage
sudo touch /private/var/vm/sleepimage
sudo chflags uchg /private/var/vm/sleepimage

Potentially, it may help in your situation to prevent partition corruption

Hmm, will I be able to use sleep with these settings? It is very convenient to just close Your laptop and continue to work without the need to start all apps again.  It may be possible that disk sleep was somehow checked in my system.

Reading the link You provided it seems that changing the SMBIOS is resetting the hibernate mode from 0 to 3. Probably this happened and this is why i encountered the drive corruption.

Also, i can suggest to try this solution:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage
sudo touch /private/var/vm/sleepimage
sudo chflags uchg /private/var/vm/sleepimage
Potentially, it may help in your situation to prevent partition corruption
Wait... So the Samsung pm951 isn't 4K then? Well I have the same SSD and I have been on this hacking tosh for 10 months without a

Corruption

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wait... So the Samsung pm951 isn't 4K then? Well I have the same SSD and I have been on this hacking tosh for 10 months without a

Corruption

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You are not using the HackrSpoofer kext?

Hi. I finished post-installation process by replacing /Post-Install/CLOVER to /EFI/EFI then I restart. the machine got crahsed and didn’t continue booting as the picture shown below.

Where did I missed ?

thank you :)

Here’s the picture. a51b9d81a0c7cb584ead689f55dc6610.jpgd5e17d60602285f142674fdf4a484787.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is not getting Wi-Fi as their en0 adapter after deleting both of the mentioned files here, just delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist and change /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist so that Wi-Fi is Your first en0 adapter. You have 4 lines to change. 

<key>BSD Name</key>
			<string>en0</string>

<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
			<integer>0</integer>

Change the lines on the adapter that had en0 to the number that the Wi-Fi had. 

@popmaple You should've seen the desktop after the [iGPU] lines. Try copying the kexts again along with the config.plist file. 

@popmaple

Looks like you have QHD screen and you missed part for CoreDisplay framework - you need CoreDisplayFixup kext (don't like it, never worked for me), or apply patch to CoreDisplay

To boot system temporary, you have to set fake id for GFX as something like 0x12345678 (in Clover press "O" and find it somewhere in graphics section)

• Like 1

@popmaple

Looks like you have QHD screen and you missed part for CoreDisplay framework - you need CoreDisplayFixup kext (don't like it, never worked for me), or apply patch to CoreDisplay

To boot system temporary, you have to set fake id for GFX as something like 0x12345678 (in Clover press "O" and find it somewhere in graphics section)

Now, Everything is works fine now. Thank you very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hah, had funny time today. Decided to open my XPS today to cleanup my fans (just maintenance, nothing special) - and found that my battery is going to it's end - 3 cells are already swelled a little. Laptop was bought approx. 1.5 years ago - not so much actually. If somebody will open own laptop - check your battery status and write here about laptop age and battery status. It's interesting to see some statistic - is it common between other XPSs or just I'm so lucky :)

P.S. My battery has just 232 full charge/discharge cycles now (i'm trying to empty my bat at least once per 2 days)

P.P.S. Going to order new battery soon, and will try to take one from 9560 that has bigger capacity (around 15% more!). Let see if it will fit fine. From short overview - it should be same size and same hole-configuration.

my battery was at 65% after less than a year of usage - got replaced for free (warranty). New one is down to 82% after about 2 month.

please keep us updated with the 9560 battery. I would love to use that, too.

Ok, now that is interesting: I installed the new Final Cut Pro 10.4.3 and during it's usage, the system crash completely - reboots immediately. Afterwards, sometimes booting with slide fails. But not always. This is very odd. I do need Final Cut to work :(

The error is sadly repeatable and even appears when I render files in Compressor. It's a hard crash. Could OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi be the culprit? Sliding with the formula proved not to work, sometimes I still got errors allocating memory.

With OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi it boots, but maybe something's wrong with it. Or it's something with the iGPU that is used for rendering and which then fails.

These hard crashes never occurred before. My drive is supposed to be clean, according to first aid

EDIT: Hopefully not speaking too soon, but it appears turning off GPU acceleration for Compressor stopped it's crashes. So it could very well be connected to the iGPU:

Chipset Model:    Intel HD Graphics 530
  Type:    GPU
  Bus:    Built-In
  VRAM (Dynamic, Max):    1536 MB
  Vendor:    Intel (0x8086)
  Device ID:    0x191b
  Revision ID:    0x0006
  Metal:    Supported

Does anybody have problems with the 530 and having it reboot the Laptop in intensive apps?

I don't get the memmap - I now think my iGPU crashes could be RAM related and related to AptioFree2000, thus I want to use the "regular" AptioFix2 with slide value.

But I always get errors, and it feels like every time I check my memmap, it has slightly changed. Is that normal? It's like residues of the former session are remaining in RAM or something is changing it ever so slightly

There is also a weirdness to it, that I calculate my slide parameter, but on boot up it tries allocating memory in different pages than my slide paremeter defined:

what i want as start:          0x1163E000 = 291758080
what i get for slide=138:      0x11600000 = 291504128
at this position it's missing: 0x800 pages
what i get for slide=139:      0x15580000 = 358088704
pages required at slide 139:   0x14995 = 84373

I attached the most current memory map:

post-14795-0-56034100-1499333841_thumb.jpg

Another error:

post-14795-0-82724400-1499333891_thumb.jpg

I spend quite some time on my problem of hard reboots (to black screen, to bios) when exporting from Final Cut Pro X today. I tried the following:

1. Install a different version of FCPX and Compressor - same problem
  2. Use only the SSD, not a USB drive for storage - same problem
  3. Clean the dust out, may it have been overheating - same problem, but temps are lower now :)
  4. Start with a clover folder from scratch - same problem
  5. Change SMBIOS - same problem
  6. Try different AptioFix versions - have nothing to do with it, same problem
  7. Checked temps while exporting via FCPX or Compressor - temps are fine

Then I tried benchmarks:

1. Run intensive benchmark for Open CL
  2. Run intensive benchmark for Metal
  3. Run intensive benchmark for Open GL
  4. Run CPU intensive benchmark

The machine remained stable at all times

Now I'm trying iMovie, fine so far, but iMovie is not WHAT I WANT.

Compressor works if I turn off GPU acceleration, but then I can build a house while waiting for my 4k material to be transcoded.

tl;dr: I think something is not working with our machine when using FCPX or Compressor and running intensive tasks, like using a LUT and exporting 4k.

@Gymnae Can You check Your RAM for errors? I don't think Your memmap should change from restart to restart. It would be also very problematic to calculate the slide every time You restart Your laptop. Also are You on the latest BIOS?

memmap can change only in few cases - BIOS update or hardware changes (connected USB devices - may also affect memmap, in theory). But until your hardware configuration is not changing - memmap should be always same between all reboots.

Hello,

Just to let anyone having problems with their audio know, @KNNSpeed just released a new solution for it on the XPS15 9560 thread. I test it on my XPS15 9550 and it is fully compatible (Both the 9560 and 9550 share the same codec), it replaces the CodecCommander kext and the ALCPlugFix, with his VerbStub kext, which solve all sound related problems our machines were facing (Sleep and Line-in for me). If anyone else want to test link is here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324366-dell-xps-15-9560-4k-touch-1tb-ssd-32gb-ram-100-adobergb​/page-6#entry2458025

P.S: His solution works alongside AppleALC and Lilu, and, although, his post says it needs a modded version of it, @vit9696 already merged his changed on the official AppleALC repo, so you can grab the latest version from there: (https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC), you will need to compiled it thought.

• Like 1

@Gymnae Can You check Your RAM for errors? I don't think Your memmap should change from restart to restart. It would be also very problematic to calculate the slide every time You restart Your laptop. Also are You on the latest BIOS?

memmap can change only in few cases - BIOS update or hardware changes (connected USB devices - may also affect memmap, in theory). But until your hardware configuration is not changing - memmap should be always same between all reboots.

I think that might be the case, when booting up it varies with attached USB drives. I need to check that more thoroughly.

For now I switched to Adobe Premiere, which I don't know how to use yet, but the system appear stable.

I have created SSDT's today which will add the Soundcard, Graphic Card, AHCI Controller and so on to the PCI Section in the System Preferences. You can add this to your repo if you want. If you want to use the SSDT_SATA_Syspref you have to delete the SSDT-SATA from your Clover Patches Folder otherwise you get an ACPI Error and the System won't boot. I used in this case the Kext SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext to boot the System. I didn't managed to integrate the Device for SATA in the SSDT-SATA maybe someone other can do it if possible. I also have added an Screenshot were you can see the Result. In case you use it you have to change the Audio Layout ID in SSDT_Realtek_Syspref and also the IG Platform in SSDT_IGPU_Syspref if needed.

SSDT_Syspref_9550.zip

post-1340195-0-25774100-1499537239_thumb.png

• Like 3

Hello,

Just to let anyone having problems with their audio know, @KNNSpeed just released a new solution for it on the XPS15 9560 thread. I test it on my XPS15 9550 and it is fully compatible (Both the 9560 and 9550 share the same codec), it replaces the CodecCommander kext and the ALCPlugFix, with his VerbStub kext, which solve all sound related problems our machines were facing (Sleep and Line-in for me). If anyone else want to test link is here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324366-dell-xps-15-9560-4k-touch-1tb-ssd-32gb-ram-100-adobergb​/page-6#entry2458025

P.S: His solution works alongside AppleALC and Lilu, and, although, his post says it needs a modded version of it, @vit9696 already merged his changed on the official AppleALC repo, so you can grab the latest version from there: (https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC), you will need to compiled it thought.

sounds promising! Thanks for the info!

I have created SSDT's today which will add the Soundcard, Graphic Card, AHCI Controller and so on to the PCI Section in the System Preferences. You can add this to your repo if you want. If you want to use the SSDT_SATA_Syspref you have to delete the SSDT-SATA from your Clover Patches Folder otherwise you get an ACPI Error and the System won't boot. I used in this case the Kext SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext to boot the System. I didn't managed to integrate the Device for SATA in the SSDT-SATA maybe someone other can do it if possible. I also have added an Screenshot were you can see the Result. In case you use it you have to change the Audio Layout ID in SSDT_Realtek_Syspref and also the IG Platform in SSDT_IGPU_Syspref if needed.

Good job. Also I found, if PXSX in RP01 rename to ARPT, wifi work normal after sleep. Before I had issue with wifi internet speed reducing after system wake.