Non working Nvidia video card thread

enb14

61 posts in this topic

My 7900 GT CO eVGA doesn't works don't buy it, it works for 3 seconds then hangs for 30 to 60 seconds, then works again for 3 seconds then hangs again and so on so if you have plans for buying this card DON'T BUY IT.

I've tried flashing it with a plain 7900 GT bios and didn't work neither.

Anyone else have a nonworking card please post here and we must void buying this such of cards.

GeForce 6800 manufactured by dell.

device ID: 0x00c1

Boot sequence stops when starting loginWindow.app

EDIT: GeForce 6800 (nv41.1, 0x00c1) works only after adding the card's ID to NVDANV40Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext.

NVidia Geforce 3 Ti 200 64MB VRAM

Doesn't work with Titan.kext. (kernel panic when loginwindow tries to load, using the old 10.4.4 kernel on SSE2) (I now used the new Titan.kext (4/11) and I removed the NVDAResman.kext: it boots up, it shows me my graphics card in System Profiler, but no acceleration at all and i still can't change resolutions)

MacVidia drivers work.

tested new mifki kernel on my dell m 1210 , succeded

but titan.kext came to black-white checked screen.

macvidia didn't work just got hanged in black screen.

haven't yet tested semthex kernel.

probablely would get same result as the above.

Ya'll should only post in this thread if you're running a NEW 10.4.8 semthex/mifki kernel. Titan was tested with semthex, so thats the only thing that it is actually supported for. Any cards that fail under 10.4.7 or less with old kernels need to either upgrade their installation, or edit their posts here.

My 7900 GT CO eVGA doesn't works don't buy it, it works for 3 seconds then hangs for 30 to 60 seconds, then works again for 3 seconds then hangs again and so on so if you have plans for buying this card DON'T BUY IT.

I've tried flashing it with a plain 7900 GT bios and didn't work neither.

Anyone else have a nonworking card please post here and we must void buying this such of cards.

I've fixed it, I just unplugged my monitor from my GMA 950 and now its working :)

6600GT on a P4P800, when the loginwindow.app starts the screen refresh changes and the monitor gets a signal, but the screen just says blank.

From what I can tell the system is actually running, just not displaying anything... :(

This is on the very latest JaS 10.4.8 with the 10.4.4 Loginwindow due to crashing About This Mac... may try the 10.4.8 loginwindow if that would make a difference.

My MSI 7900GTO 512MB does not work also: Titan (tried old and new versions) loads fine, and I get a signal, but the signal is just a black screen. I was wondering that could it be related to the fact that I have 512MB of video memory? I have not seen anyone with a working 512 nvidia card yet, but there was someone complaining a similar black screen issue with ATI X1600 512MB. Maybe it has something to do with the framebuffer offset or something that has to be generally done in OS X with larger video memory sizes?

NVidia Geforce 3 Ti 200 64MB VRAM

Doesn't work with Titan.kext. (kernel panic when loginwindow tries to load, using the old 10.4.4 kernel on SSE2)

MacVidia drivers work.

Does your card require nvdanv10hal.kext? If so, i think that it may be broken becuase it is the only kext that does not work. I thing nvdanv10hal.kext is for older cards. My Geforce 4 MX440 is relatively old so it uses nvdanv10hal.kext...

I think it requires nvdanv20hal.kext the same as me- which I've gotten to actually load, but still just black screen only. . .

-Another GeForce 3 user

Are you using AGPgart, there are issuses with Titan and GART loading together, If so try unloading Gart and see if this works. Also In my case, Gart was leaving me with a blue screen.

P5LD2-VM with an EVGA 7950GT KO fails.

Tried copying files per MariusZ - No luck. Same.

Black screen on both DVI ports with JaS 10.4.8 Reseed and Semthex 10.4.8 kernel. System locks.

Tried changing offset - made no difference. Used a X1650 Pro on the same system with the Borisbad/Neopheus installer, and that card worked.

Any clues as to why the 7950GT wouldn't work?

Thanks.

Are you using AGPgart, there are issuses with Titan and GART loading together, If so try unloading Gart and see if this works. Also In my case, Gart was leaving me with a blue screen.

no sir, no AGPgart. . .

but I noticed a consistant pattern- whenever my NVDANV20Hal.kext loaded correctly, I always knew what I was going to get:nothing- no login screen, just blank- no matter what combinations I was using. I tried the patched 10.4.8 version of IONDRVSupport.kext or even the 10.4.7-I tried the 3 different Titan.kexts, even the Natit.kext and even mixed and matched various versions with each other to see what would load and what would error out. . .But I still have hope

edit: yo mathdude1284, I got the same error (which to me meant it didn't work)

edit edit: I think the mifki's kernel is also for intel only, but don't quote me on that. . .

Running titan. Loads up on a monitor attached externally from my laptop (black screen on my laptop) but what worries me is that I have no QE/CI. This is very disappointing. Anyone might know why? Could it be wrong FBOFFSET or does that have nothing to do with it? It detects my card correctly - nVidia GeForce Go 7300.

EDIT: I'm running a 8.1 kernel. Prolly newer than alot of peoples :)

For those of you that LoginWindow doesn't load, try adding the card's ID to NVDANV40Hal.kext (or the one your card uses) and NVDAResman.kext. Maybe doing it to the NVDAResman.kext is enough but I didn't try that independently.

For those of you that LoginWindow doesn't load, try adding the card's ID to NVDANV40Hal.kext (or the one your card uses) and NVDAResman.kext. Maybe doing it to the NVDAResman.kext is enough but I didn't try that independently.

Intel P4 3.0 HT

1 GB Ram

ASUS nVidia GeForce 6800 (V9999) 0x0041

I tried that added 0x004110de&0xffffffff to the list on both kext and did chmod/own and it still freezes when loading. Did I add it wrong or is it just not going to work? Anyone else get the asus v9999 working?

Great Work Andazp!

I have the exact same card as you. Dell 6800 0x00c1 0x00a2. I added the ID's to both NVDANV40Hal.kext and to NVDAResman.kext but for some reason I get the kernel panic screen. Any help would be much appreciated!