What is your go to *nix

SavageAUS

9 posts in this topic

As the title says I am curious as to what everyone's go to linux is. I am currently using arch and opensuse but curious on what others thoughts are as to the go to linux with clover etc..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It all comes down to preference. For Linux I used to be a dedicated Slackware user but years ago I switched to Arch after I decided I'd deal with systemd in exchange for their very large package repo. I like my Linux installs very barebone - I dislike having my Desktop Environment decisions being made for me regardless of if I can change it, along with other things I notice in distros that are designed in a friendlier fashion.

I'm also a FreeBSD and OpenBSD user. Back when Chameleon was the standard bootloader I added support for chainloading FreeBSD and OpenBSD but with Clover I've only gotten it to chainload FreeBSD.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

In reality I don't use Linux very much at all, even if I have some distribution always installed, mostly Linux Mint.

For many years my favourite operating system was OS X, but after Yosemite I began to like it less and less.

Now my main OS is Windows 10. Believe it or not Microsoft is investing a lot on Windows 10, making it a very good OS

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Last distribution I used was slackware 7.1, thereafter Sun Solaris on my Ultra 5 ws (not the Oracle {censored}), HP-UX 10.20 on C3000 ws and HP-UX 11.11 on C8000 ws..............................