ES137x AC97 Driver (VMWare Audio) - Project

maxxuss

47 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Hi MAXUSS!

Greetings... This is Nirmalya from India. I am a newbie. I came to know about you and the project about a week ago. I am swept off my feet when I learned what was going on and what was your contribution to the show. However I'm stuck with a problem here. Its my soundcard. Its a Creative 5.1 Live! PCI soundcard and it does not work. I have tried the patch but I get only that AC97 (PCM) sound card as the probed device. It will be really great if you can help me with this. The PPC version of the driver is available for download from the Creative site but no luck with the x86 version. I guess this soundcard is a very popular one and many people are facing similar problems. I believe you are The One who can help us. (no flattering intended). Please please please help me get sound on all the channels and the subwoofer atleast in the analog mode. I'm using a SSE2. If you need any more details I'll let you know.

Thanks for helping mankind...

Hi MAXUSS!

Greetings... This is Nirmalya from India. I am a newbie. I came to know about you and the project about a week ago. I am swept off my feet when I learned what was going on and what was your contribution to the show. However I'm stuck with a problem here. Its my soundcard. Its a Creative 5.1 Live! PCI soundcard and it does not work. I have tried the patch but I get only that AC97 (PCM) sound card as the probed device. It will be really great if you can help me with this. The PPC version of the driver is available for download from the Creative site but no luck with the x86 version. I guess this soundcard is a very popular one and many people are facing similar problems. I believe you are The One who can help us. (no flattering intended). Please please please help me get sound on all the channels and the subwoofer atleast in the analog mode. I'm using a SSE2. If you need any more details I'll let you know.

Thanks for helping mankind...

with maxxuss driver, sound working?

• 1 month later...

Hy, I have a 2 big problem with my system.

So the first.

I have an MSI MS-6566 motherboard, onboard Realtek AC97 sound card.

My problem is with this sound card : I can not use it. So...I install Windows XP, and after is install the driver

for the card, and my system not see it. I check my BIOS and in there are 2 settings for the card : AUTO or DISABLED. I set it to AUTO, but no sound:(((

(Why need I the integrated sound card? Check my second problem.)

Second.

I have an SB PCI128 sound card, and its works under

Windows with the original driver, and works under my JAS released OS X 10.4.6, with the

Maxxuss ES137x driver. But. Under OS X the card is freezing sometimes. Not simple freeze (no

sound or something). Example : i make music with Logic, and the sound is...chopped

sometimes...but when I restart my Logic the sound is great again. Another example : when OS X

is running and leave my PC for a 10-15 minutes alone...hah...sound is gone, and I must reboot

the computer.

So my question is. Have anybody some tip for me, how can I setting up my

integrated sound card (maybe is not freeze sometimes...(my frend have integrated AC97 and ts

works fine, no freeze, no chopp...its great)), or how can i optimize my Maxxuss driver for the

card...

Thanks for help.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I have an Es1370 based card, i have tested the Maxxus driver and i don't detect any card.

I have added my card id PCI1274DEV_5000 in info.plist and i load the Maxxus kext.

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x12745000 0x89381102 0x58801274 0x13713274 0x50001274</string>

when i type dmesg i have:

es1371: wait src ready timeout 0x10 [0xffffffff]

i know i can change the card but this card have an integrated powerfull amplifier and the sound is better than my onboard nforce4 soundcard.

Thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody

I quote Snaper and CuriousMac: i have a SB PCI128, Vendor 1274, Device 5880 and I have the same problems described by CuriousMac and Snaper.

I use 10.4.5 by Myzar + Jas 10.4.8 AMD SSE3 ComboUpdate on a AMD Athlon64 3000+ Venice

There is a way to solve the problem without change the sound card?

Thanks for your help.

OK first of all, thx m8 for the nice driver, works here with all three connectors, teamspeex sucessfully tested :(

but the stuttering as described above is also here on my system, if the driver could'nt solve the problem, maybe

we can get a routine to refresh the soundbuffer / sounddriver after a limited time? why the microphone doesnt have

this fault/problem also in teamspeex not (i could talk as much as i would, my contacts couldnt hear any distortions

or soundbreaks) is a good question?

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to install this on my VM 5.5.3 JaS 10.4.8 AMD machine but nothing ever shows up in my sound devices. Is there something I am missing? I used console to cd to the Maxxus directory then tried using the sudo ./install.sh command it then asks for my su password and seems like it installs so I reboot, but nothing shows up? I need to get the sound and the ethernet working for the vm then I will have a fully functional VM of OSX 10.4.8. If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated. One other question is there any way to get CI/QE working in VM? I wanted to install apeture but it complains that my video card is not compliant. Thanks again and great work on the sound driver hopefully I get get everything up and running.

• 2 months later...

I happen to have the PCI version of this card within 10 feet of me right now... has anybody had any success with it?

Would it be worth trying out?

The closest I've been able to get to sound support is my super-choppy integrated ancient Intel sound, which is so bad its completely unusable. I'm glad osx86 hardware support has come so far. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have about 3 days trying to get my sound card to work, but no luck

The thing is the sound hears cutted and i haven't be able to get it work fine

I have a Creative Sound card Board CT4810 ES1371

It only recognizes the card with the maxxuss drivers as AC97 but i couldn't get a good sound anyway. If somebody could help me it would be realy apreciated, i just want to get Winbugs OUT!!!!!

THX

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm try your driver

first I must change permision to install load .. and all other scripts wiht "chmod 777 xxx" becouse if I don't do that it say that don't exist,

after that the instalatión proces concluded fine but when I try to load it I got:

sudo ./load.sh

Password:

kextload: extension /Users/trujo/Desktop/MaxxussES137x/MaxxussAC97AudioES137x.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)

I try rebooting but nathing change

I'm try with 10.4.6

• 8 months later...