[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

Hi Claudes,

First of all, thank you so much for putting the effort of making macOS working on the xiaomi.

Secondly, i have not been a hackintosh user since the early days of iAtkos so im kinda lost and i would like to ask you a few questions,

- In the post you said that 3 fingers swipe is working, is 3 finger drag working?

- I know you can have 2 ssd on this laptop but can you install the system in the default one without buying another one? (even if i lost Windows)

- If the anwser is yes, is it possible to have OS X and Windows in just one ssd?

- About the wifi issue , is there any mini-micro usb to get it working?

That's all for now,

Ciao and gracce!

Hi there and welcome to IM!

Yes but not dynamically as seen on the official trackpad, multitouch is sorta emulated via the ps2 drivers that sends keyboard shortcuts when doing some gestures, you can set three finger drag to do whatever you want on the keyboard shortcut section of System Preferences.

It's strongly suggested to buy a second sata m2 drive and installing it in the free slot, Apple uses its own NVME drives and the drivers for generic one made by the community works, but many users reported data loss and other problems, If you want to use it do it at your risk and please don't discuss it or ask help here use the nvme threads.

yes you could use one drive for both OS, but again, I don't suggest doing so...

There are many compatible usb wifi, I've found a lot of this that are really small (less than 1cm out of the connector) but usually these are 2.4ghz OR 5.0ghz not both...

I preferred to get a bigger one (2,5 cm) that is compatible with both 2.4 and 5.0!

Come back if you need more help!

Ciao!

• Like 1

There are many compatible usb wifi, I've found a lot of this that are really small (less than 1cm out of the connector) but usually these are 2.4ghz OR 5.0ghz not both...

I preferred to get a bigger one (2,5 cm) that is compatible with both 2.4 and 5.0!

How about that one? Might be the thing youre looking for...

https://www.amazon.com/OURLINK-600Mbps-Wireless-Network-Computer/dp/B011T5IF06/ref=sr_1_9?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1491567478&sr=1-9&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A2883736011

If you have a suggestion however for wifi and bluetooth all in one even if it isnt ac, please tell us your recommendations... by all means! ;-)

And thx for everything, btw!

Oh, the installer doesnt see the internal ssd, am i doing something wrong or ist it beuse of the nvme thing? Or, to put it that way, illl just buy a second ssd m2, just have to make sure it isnt nvme, then the installer sees it and i can insatll osx on it, right?

thx in advance!

Oh yes the free slot is a sata m2, don't get another pci-e one!

Yes you can't see it cause it's a NVME

P.s.

thanks for the link, the adapter should work and it's really small for a AC/N one, nice!

But right now I'll stick with mine... it's working well!

P.s.

thanks for the link, the adapter should work and it's really small for a AC/N one, nice!

But right now I'll stick with mine... it's working well!

Happy to help, actually edimax are offering dualband nanos as well now. Im still looking for a nano wifi plus BT dongle (AC doesnt matter) , any sugesstions? i cant find anything appropriate... :(

Hi, after updating to the latest Sierra's version, my install doesn't show up on Clover. But the strangest thing is that I can select a Backup Source from my disk installation (with Sierra), but nothing happens afterwards.

Does anyone know this issue or something ? Thanks :)

Hi, after updating to the latest Sierra's version, my install doesn't show up on Clover. But the strangest thing is that I can select a Backup Source from my disk installation (with Sierra), but nothing happens afterwards.

Does anyone know this issue or something ? Thanks :)

Are u using a nvme?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course, I've already booted on it, and used it a lot yesterday with Claude's help !

When I want to reinstall (just to check), it says that FileVault conversion is in progres... But of course, I can't boot into macOS at all. :/

Ok guys, so I reinstalled it (found out that FileVault and Clover are not compatible to each other), but I have a new problem, I can't adjust the brightness, it's at 0% and I can only see the screen under the sun...

Any solution ? :)

Yes I do, Windows are on the built-in SSD and macOS on the additional one.

Just to be precise, I can see the Apple's logo, but when booting is almost done, backlighting is turned off, just letting the screen visible to direct light (like old times GameBoy you know :D)

Ah ok, so you are not using nvme, the nvme drive is the pci-e one (the included one), the free slot is Sata! :)

Strange about the brightness, are you sure to be using the file pack correctly?

you can do it in safe mode (-x) [You'll have backlit there!]

P.s. 

I remember I had this issue one time, resetting nvram fixed.

Open terminal.

Type:

sudo nvram -c

Type:

your password

Reboot

should fix!

If it doesn't work again, you can try removing intelbacklight kext from the efi partition, you should regain backlight with this, you'll just lose some backlight steps.

Ah ok, so you are not using nvme, the nvme drive is the pci-e one (the included one), the free slot is Sata! :)

Strange about the brightness, are you sure to be using the file pack correctly?

you can do it in safe mode (-x) [You'll have backlit there!]

P.s. 

I remember I had this issue one time, resetting nvram fixed.

Open terminal.

Type:

sudo nvram -c

Type:

your password

Reboot

should fix!

Fixed, thanks ! :D

• Like 1

Great, have fun!

EDIT:

The intelbacklight kext isn't compatible with the latest macOS Sierra update, my suggestion is to remove it, using it could cause black screen at boot and even if it does not it break dimmable brightness leaving us stuck with the maxed one.

Hi everyone.

My name is Jorge and I am from Spain. Sorry for my poor English.

Please, I need your help with my Xiaomi Air 13 and macOS. I am not able to install it and I tried about 10 times. I have installed two hackintosh (a desktop and a intel NUC) with no problems a few weeks ago (using another procedure, you know what I mean). Both work perfect with macOS 10.12.4. But I can't get it running on my Xiaomi Air 13.

I am installing macOS 10.12.4. I am using the filepack v1.09 because the last one (v2.0) didn't even boot the installer because I got a forbidden sign and an error, same error as @mareikewager posted here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319656-xiaomi-mi-notebook-air-13/page-7?do=findComment&comment=2393811

The filepack v1.09 boots fine. The installation goes flawlessly and macOS can start without the usb flash drive. 

I use EasyKext Pro v2.1 to install the patched AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext, with no errors and I reboot the computer without fakeid on Clover, but... I got a KERNEL PANIC. It shows a message for less than 2 secs and reboots. I can read something about AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer in the first lines. Tried to take a picture but I only got a blurred photo because my camera can't focus in 2 secs.

I follow all the steps but it fails in this one always. I don't know what's happening. What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone.

My name is Jorge and I am from Spain. Sorry for my poor English.

Please, I need your help with my Xiaomi Air 13 and macOS. I am not able to install it and I tried about 10 times. I have installed two hackintosh (a desktop and a intel NUC) with no problems a few weeks ago (using another procedure, you know what I mean). Both work perfect with macOS 10.12.4. But I can't get it running on my Xiaomi Air 13.

I am installing macOS 10.12.4. I am using the filepack v1.09 because the last one (v2.0) didn't even boot the installer because I got a forbidden sign and an error, same error as @mareikewager posted here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319656-xiaomi-mi-notebook-air-13/page-7?do=findComment&comment=2393811

The filepack v1.09 boots fine. The installation goes flawlessly and macOS can start without the usb flash drive.

I use EasyKext Pro v2.1 to install the patched AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext, with no errors and I reboot the computer without fakeid on Clover, but... I got a KERNEL PANIC. It shows a message for less than 2 secs and reboots. I can read something about AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer in the first lines. Tried to take a picture but I only got a blurred photo because my camera can't focus in 2 secs.

I follow all the steps but it fails in this one always. I don't know what's happening. What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

You have not read the instructions nor the thread carefully enough. The warning sign error is due to you not having generated a model number in the config.plist, as stated in the guide. The other issue could be due to your error, not following the correct steps. Or it could be due to you trying to install 10.12.4, the modded kext was based on 10.12.2, it could therefore be incompatible if Apple has made any substantial changes during the last two revisions.

• Like 1

I can confirm the modded kext work on latest releases.

Then how can I install the modded kext? EasyKext Pro seems to break my installation. Is there is a console way? I need to install the modded kext, reboot and then install the original kext again.

Then how can I install the modded kext? EasyKext Pro seems to break my installation. Is there is a console way? I need to install the modded kext, reboot and then install the original kext again.

You're very likely doing the pciuid wrong. Read carefully.

@ClaudesTech Fist of all thank you very much for all the efford that you have put on this project. i'm about to finish with the setup of my USB but i don't quite understand this part: "then edit the config.plist to add serial numbers to the smbios, use macbookpro13,1." ok, I've seen that in the SMBIOS part of the config.plist there is:

<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacBookPro13,1</string>

which in my understanding is the "macbookpro13,1" part, but i cannot find any serial number so i'm quinda lost on this part, I have search for some info and I have found this online:

<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>W8000AAAAA</string>

But I'm not sure about which values I have to put on it because you didn't specify or i didn't understand. It's not the fake ID 0x123456789, isn't it?

Thank you again and sorry for the long post.

@ClaudesTech Fist of all thank you very much for all the efford that you have put on this project. i'm about to finish with the setup of my USB but i don't quite understand this part: "then edit the config.plist to add serial numbers to the smbios, use macbookpro13,1." ok, I've seen that in the SMBIOS part of the config.plist there is:

<key>ProductName</key>

<string>MacBookPro13,1</string>

which in my understanding is the "macbookpro13,1" part, but i cannot find any serial number so i'm quinda lost on this part, I have search for some info and I have found this online:

<key>SerialNumber</key>

<string>W8000AAAAA</string>

But I'm not sure about which values I have to put on it because you didn't specify or i didn't understand. It's not the fake ID 0x123456789, isn't it?

Thank you again and sorry for the long post.

The tool OP linked will generate it for you. That's why u got the error as I stated.

As for the pciuid, you have to set a fake id in the beginning - as per guide.

Thank you for your answer Claude!

I will be reading this post in the following months and i will give it a try after i finish my exams (i really need to stick with Windows right now and don't have enough time to do it) and i will buy both the wifi dongle and the new disk.

Is there any chance anybody on this post can record a video of how it's the system actually working on the air? I couldn't find any video, just the image in the first post and another one running on the 12'' version.

Like how fast programs open, scrolling performance which is really important while browsing and mac has the best without discussion.

Also i asked about the three finger gesture because for me is essential to have it to drag windows and select text and neither Windows or Linux have it.

Thank you again Claude!

I tried again. MacOS booted OK. I installed the patched kext, rebooted and now it shows "Error Loading Kernel Cache: 0x1". One step back. I tried UseKernelCache=No BTW. I also deleted the nvram. Seems I have to reinstall again.

I set 0x123456789 as a fakeid. Have to set a another one? I have a SerialNumber generated by CloudCoverEditor on my config.plist. I have "MacBookPro13,1" as a ProductName. I've read carefully the whole post so many times. And the one at the MIUI forum.

I don't know what to do. I tried everything. I am so hopeless. 

Please, can someone tell me which files in your drivers64UEFI folder you have?

• Like 1

usually good kexts installers clear the kernel cache after installation, dunno...

What's the name of the utility you used? 

the only files you need in driver64uefi are:

FSInject-64.efi

HFSPlus.efi

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

This is a download link for these files.

Everything else can be deleted.