[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

when i try to create from scratch a new USB stick with TERMINAL it' also NO WAY with CMD NOT FOUND!

Last login: Fri Feb  2 11:09:56 on ttys000

MacBook-Pro-de-BG:~ babaorum$ sudo /Applications/Installer\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/clemacos --applicationpath /Applications/Installer\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction &&say Done

Password:

sudo: /Applications/Installer macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found

MacBook-Pro-de-BG:~ babaorum$

It's Install macOS High Sierra.app not Installer macOS High Sierra.app

Boot with -v and debug = 0x100 to prevent reboot on error

hello,

YES it's INSTALL instead of INSTALLER...

Also i used DISKMAKER X and it worked great to build a new fresh USB Stick installer.

YES i also Boot with -v and debug = 0x100 to prevent reboot on error.

This new made installer seems to perform much better than the previous one but it also finish with a frozen screen;

com.apple.xpc.launchd(1) service exited with abnormal code :1

service only ran for 0 seconds Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

Then nothing more happens and i have to press the Power BTN until Shutdown since no Other Cmd lets me Restart properly...

Pushing the Power BTN until STOP is no good since it regularily corrupt the desktop of the Mac Disk...

I don't know what to do now but i will try with less kexts in the Other folder...

I just check my MacOs HS Install app: it's version 13.2.07...

Maybe it's the reason why i cannot finnish the installation...?

So i will try to download the latest one 13.3.3 and check if everything works better

UNFORTUNATELY it's very difficult to find HS 13.3 for download... i have only get the combo {censored}... 

Thanx for your help

Hi bergui45

1. format (reinitialize) the usb stick

2. install high sierra 10.13.3 on it

3. download clover `Clover_v2.4k_r4392`

4. install clover as in the attached screenshots

5. mount the EFI partition of the stick

6. delete EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and copy that file from my provided zip

7. delete EFI/CLOVER/ACPI and copy this directory over from my provided zip

8. delete EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and copy this directory over from my provided zip

9. delete EFI/CLOVER/kexts and copy this directory over from my provided zip

10. boot with the stick

12. on the clover boot screen goto Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID: 0x123456789 

13. go back to the main screen boot and report back

These steps worked for me on my laptop. The only difference that I have the BIOS version (I have A05). However urashimataro has A06 as you and it worked for him.

sakoula 

sorry but i'm STUCK since i cannot find anywhere High sierra 10.13.3 but only this piece of {censored} COMBO updater...

My High Sierra Installer is version 13.2.07...

;-(

Héy there, this pack would work for the last version of the Mi Air 13? I'd pick the one with i7.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

@Goja not sure. Possibly no as it is, it requires some changes. It is a different processor. This thread is dedicated only to the 2016 version. 

hello sakoula,

Let me know how to use successfully my version 10.13.2.07 instead of the 10.13.3 since i'm unable to get it from the Apple store...

What do you mean? Up to now I assumed that you had a USB stick with 10.13.3 on it, clover installed and the files of the zip I provided. Is this the case?

To get the latest macOS from the appstore, delete the current version from /Applications , empty the recycle bin and then download it again.

hello sakoula,

You said:

What do you mean? Up to now I assumed that you had a USB stick with 10.13.3 on it, clover installed and the files of the zip I provided. Is this the case?

To get the latest macOS from the appstore, delete the current version from /Applications , empty the recycle bin and then download it again.

After doing your prescription i went back in the appstore and re downloaded the wanted HS 10.13.3

But i got a 10.13.3.02 instead???

In the Finder i get application: 5,21 GO

Creation 18/01/18

Version 13.3.02

Yes it is right. Mine is saying the same. Use this.

If you find a thread detailing about install on the 2017 version, let us know ;)

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

@Goja check this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/xiaomi-mi-notebook-air.198598/page-30#post-1659599

hello Sakoula,

IT DOESN’T WORK!

It sounds using the same serials in your config.plist is not a wize idea!

OK it works on your computer with your serials…

ACPI exception : AE_ALREADY_EXISTS…

AMFILOadTrustedKeys from NVRAM failed getting NVRAM

So I will try using my old serials that worked on Sierra instead…

Alternatively I may generate my own new serials with Clover configurator…

post-2077932-0-30736800-1517999349_thumb.jpg

obviously like M.Banjo said " Copy previous SMBIOS informations to the config.plist included in the 2.1 download and add to EFI volume...

bergui45, the serials do not matter during installation. This is NOT a config.plist problem.

I think it is more of an NVRAM issue of the BIOS. Since you have been using macOS Sierra most likely macOS have been writing on the 'nvram segment'. For some reason now it cannot read it any more.

Try the following:

1. get into the BIOS and reset your BIOS settings to default/factory setting. I hope that this will reset the nvram area as well. Make sure that you know what settings you have change in order to make the changes again. I think this is more likely your problem. If this will not work:

2. let clover handle the NVRAM on a software layer: reinstall clover on the stick using the following options

```

Install for UEFI booting only

Install Clover in the ESP

Drivers64UEFI > EmuVariableUefi-64

Drivers64UEFI > OsxAptioFix2Drv-64

Drivers64UEFI > OsxFatBinaryDrv-64

Install RC scripts on target volume

```

After doing this copy from my latest zip the CLOVER folder but DO_NOT_OVERWRITE the drivers64UEFI directory. 

see if it boots.

hello Sakoula,

Booting while pressing F2 then you are in the BIOS

The only thing i find is F9 = Setup Defaults

Let me know should i do that : hitting F9 ?

DO_NOT_OVERWRITE the drivers64UEFI directory. 

But it is what i've done while copy & paste from your folder...?

I apologize for my prolonged silence but there is nothing I can contribute. I was successful simply following instructions, but I don’t really understand what is happening. What I can say is that I have reinstalled HS three times, always with the same serial number (my own), adding kexts and doing more experimenting. Always worked perfectly, quickly and without a hitch. Why should Bergui have so many problems beats me.

your latest clover zip has all the kexts subfolders such as 10.6, 10.7,10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13 + other?

That's the unmodified result of a fresh clover installation?

I REMOVED ALL EXCEPT OTHER...

Let me know why Claude Tech is like dead from the flu on this forum...?

Recently however, he asked me how have i managed to update my BIOS from A05 to A06...

I apologize for my prolonged silence but there is nothing I can contribute. I was successful simply following instructions, but I don’t really understand what is happening. What I can say is that I have reinstalled HS three times, always with the same serial number (my own), adding kexts and doing more experimenting. Always worked perfectly, quickly and without a hitch. Why should Bergui have so many problems beats me.

Please could you kindly give full details of the instructions you followed to have success?