[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

Hello and thank you for your interest.

Helped by another user I was able to boot and install high Sierra.
I still have the problem of the trackpad that works badly. The mouse pointer wanders around the desk with little control. It is practically unusable.
Do you have a solution?

My kext are these:
ACPIBatteryManager.kext. vers. 1.81.4
AppleALC.kext. vers. 1.2.2
FakeSMC.kext. vers. 06/26/1440
IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext. vers. 1.2.0
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext. vers. 1.2.1
Lilu.kext. vers. 1.2.1
USBInjectAll.kext. vers. 0.5.17
VoodooPS2Controller.kext. vers. 08/01/29
VoodooI2C.kext

Other question I can not install windows on the partition because it tells me that the EFI partition to boot (with cclover) is formatted in ntfs and not fat32, but not true.

Hi @McBanjo and @carlang59 : I am having the issues as bergui45 . I boot using the -v flag and after some seconds it just reboots (possibly kernel panic). It passes the 'Darwin bootstrap...' and writes something about launchd and then it dumps a lot of staff instantly.

I am trying to install 10.13.2 on my

* XiaoMi Notebook Air 13" (2016 Bios A05)
* Clover_v2.4k_r4334
* second SSD (Samsung 850 Evo Series, 500GB)

In the clover installation I have selected:

* `Install for UEFI booting only`
* `Install Clover in the ESP`
* `Drivers64UEDI`
* `Install RC scripts on target volume`

Then I:

* rename `EFI/CLOVER` to `EFI/CLOVER_`
* copy `XiaoMi Notebook Air 13" (2.1)\EFI:CLOVER` to `EFI/CLOVER`
* rename `EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13` to `EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other`
* copy `HD/Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext` to `EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other`
* copy `HD/Library/Extensions/MiNote13-FrequenciesInjector-MPB13.1-I56200U.kext` to `EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other`
* used Clover Configurator to create a `SMBIOS > MacbookPro 13.1`

while booting I made sure that:

* Graphics Injector > InjectIntel > FakeID: 0x123456789
* Graphics Injector > InjectIntel > *-platform-id:19160002

Do you have any suggestion on how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks!!!!

Hi @McBanjo and @carlang59 : I am having the issues as bergui45 . I boot using the -v flag and after some seconds it just reboots (possibly kernel panic). It passes the 'Darwin bootstrap...' and writes something about launchd and then it dumps a lot of staff instantly.

I am trying to install 10.13.2 on my

* XiaoMi Notebook Air 13" (2016 Bios A05)
* Clover_v2.4k_r4334
* second SSD (Samsung 850 Evo Series, 500GB)

In the clover installation I have selected:

* `Install for UEFI booting only`
* `Install Clover in the ESP`
* `Drivers64UEDI`
* `Install RC scripts on target volume`

Then I:

* rename `EFI/CLOVER` to `EFI/CLOVER_`
* copy `XiaoMi Notebook Air 13" (2.1)\EFI:CLOVER` to `EFI/CLOVER`
* rename `EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13` to `EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other`
* copy `HD/Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext` to `EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other`
* copy `HD/Library/Extensions/MiNote13-FrequenciesInjector-MPB13.1-I56200U.kext` to `EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other`
* used Clover Configurator to create a `SMBIOS > MacbookPro 13.1`

while booting I made sure that:

* Graphics Injector > InjectIntel > FakeID: 0x123456789
* Graphics Injector > InjectIntel > *-platform-id:19160002

Do you have any suggestion on how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks!!!!

Hi, I do not think I can help you. I have xiaomi air 13.3 version 2107 and it is different from yours. I hope someone more esert can help you.

What do you need help with? Your last post suggests you were starting from scratch with a USB key - how did that go?

Are you getting the prohibition symbol? That's normally a kernel panic, I've had it before due to a bad kext install with EasyKextPro and it might require a fresh reinstall. You can sometimes find out more about the issue by booting into verbose mode and reading the text before the crash and reboot. I've previously had to video record the screen to read the text.

Double-check your EFI volumes have the required files in it. If you have Windows, you can load the EFI to check there.

I followed my steps to upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra and it worked for me. By select twice I mean the boot volume needs to be selected once, then it reboots and you have to select it again a 2nd time to finalise the setup. Note your mileage may vary as the High Sierra installer has been updated since I tried.

I would suggest that you start from scratch.

Hello,

GLAD to hear from you!

Until today i didn't restart from scratch with a USB stick...

I still can boot from Sierra on the Crucial SATA  SSD MX300, stangely even after having updated CLOVER and removed 2.0 files replaced by 2.1

From the Sierra i launched High Sierra installer and i have multipe restart if in Clover i choose to install MacOs on Crucial 275...

So i'm puzzled since the Sierra is still booting fine?

Since i still have a real MBPro 15" mid 2012, i also pluggued a Sandisk 100 GO SSD on which i also could boot the Xiaomi in Sierra...

Since i could also Boot the MBPro 15" from the Sandisk i choose to update to High Sierra when plugged to the macBook Pro; it works fine but when back on the Xiaomi the disk is no more bootable even after all the mod prescribed in 2.1 ClaudeTech...

Anyway i'm still able to Boot the Xiaomi in Sierra from the internal SATA Crucial MX300 SSD...

So i'm not so far from heaven's door to High Sierra!

Hello,

I tried just now to download the 2.1 file pack to retry installing 10.13.2 with another stick but it is not available any more in the download page....

Hello,

I don't know whether or not i'm allowed to upload my copy of the 2.1 folder... Instead ask Claude Tech why this filepack is no more available...

What do you need help with? Your last post suggests you were starting from scratch with a USB key - how did that go?

Are you getting the prohibition symbol? That's normally a kernel panic, I've had it before due to a bad kext install with EasyKextPro and it might require a fresh reinstall. You can sometimes find out more about the issue by booting into verbose mode and reading the text before the crash and reboot. I've previously had to video record the screen to read the text.

Double-check your EFI volumes have the required files in it. If you have Windows, you can load the EFI to check there.

I followed my steps to upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra and it worked for me. By select twice I mean the boot volume needs to be selected once, then it reboots and you have to select it again a 2nd time to finalise the setup. Note your mileage may vary as the High Sierra installer has been updated since I tried.

I would suggest that you start from scratch.

Hello,

In the 2.1 Clover file pack the updated config.plist has a different BIOS release date and also a different BIOS Version from the earlier 2.0 version?

You said copy previous SMBIOS information: only my serial number?

or should i replace also BIOS release date and version of the previous version? That's what i have done... Is that the reason why the upgrade process is not working?

Ho un notebook xiaomi air 13.3 con Intel Core i5-7200U Kaby Lake, RAM 8 GB DDR4 256 GB M.2 SSD, NVIDIA GeForce MX150.

Vorrei installare 10.13.2 come guida.

Usando il dual boot con win 10 senza doppio disco.

Ho questo errore, AMFILoadTrustedKeysFromNVRam. Mi potete aiutare? Grazie

j attact the image

Hi!,

I have the exaclty same issue when I try to install High Sierra on Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13.3" 2017. I had reading some replies from you @carlang59 and I think that you maybe help me with this.

• Like 1

Hi!,

I have the exaclty same issue when I try to install High Sierra on Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13.3" 2017. I had reading some replies from you @carlang59 and I think that you maybe help me with this.

hi,
helped by Gengik84 I managed to install osx.
There are some limitations.
Some minors:
No wi-fi function (I have solved the problem with external usb)
it does not work bluetooth

Some major limitations for me are:
mouse and trackpad does not work well
It does not work HDMI monitor output.

The system seems stable but to date I have not yet put it into production.
If you want I can send you the "clover" to get up to this point.
  • Like 2

hi,
Some minors:

hello,

YES i would be glad to get your working CLOVER since i'm getting crazy with what is to be modified when upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1!

Nobody said exactly what exactly has to be copied? I have asked if you have to use the same BIOS and release date than formerly used in the 2.0...

kind regards

hi,
Some minors:

Already I have read these issues but I think that could be solved with drivers. If you can send me the EFI folder or "Clover" I will appreciate it.

Hi, I've got two questions about this and I was wondering if anyone knew the answers!

1. If I'm running High Sierra on my laptop, can I use an NVME drive? I'd rather just make a partition on my current drive before going out and shelling $120AUD on a second SSD.

2. Can macOS see the files in the Windows partition/drive?

In response also to Bergui45, this is my "clover".

Thanks for your time.

Carlo

hello Carlo,

Grazie mile!

Please just answer my previous query still unanswered...

In the 2.1 config.plist is it mandatory to reuse the previous BIOS date and number in addition to the previous serial number?

arrive derci

Bernard

hello Carlo,

Grazie mile!

Please just answer my previous query still unanswered...

In the 2.1 config.plist is it mandatory to reuse the previous BIOS date and number in addition to the previous serial number?

arrive derci

Bernard

If you have xiaomi air 2017 (the version with Nvidia MX150) replace the clover folder from your usb. Make the installation. Then on your hard drive, when you have installed clover, replace the whole clover folder again.

As I told you in the previous posts, some things do not work.

Carlo

Hi there sorry if it's a long time I don't write here...

I check'd 2.1 Pack's download and it's working...

Btw...

to keep the thread clean please ask a specific thread for the 2017 version of the Xiaomi Mi Notebook cause that's a completely different machine with different hardware!

Carlang59 I suggest you to create a thread for this purpose and post your Efi on the download section!

Thanks guys!

Hi, I've got two questions about this and I was wondering if anyone knew the answers!

1. If I'm running High Sierra on my laptop, can I use an NVME drive? I'd rather just make a partition on my current drive before going out and shelling $120AUD on a second SSD.

2. Can macOS see the files in the Windows partition/drive?

1. High Sierra supports NVME but you can't easily install macOS on a partition without reformatting the drive.

2. macOS can see Windows drive in read-only mode

Windows cannot see macOS drives.

Have fun!

• Like 1

to keep the thread clean please ask a specific thread for the 2017 version of the Xiaomi Mi Notebook cause that's a completely different machine with different hardware!

Carlang59 I suggest you to create a thread for this purpose and post your Efi on the download section!

Thanks guys!

Excuse me but I'm a bit confused. I do not know what is the right place to open a new post. (download? Notebook?)

Can you help me?

If you have xiaomi air 2017 (the version with Nvidia MX150) replace the clover folder from your usb. Make the installation. Then on your hard drive, when you have installed clover, replace the whole clover folder again.

As I told you in the previous posts, some things do not work.

Carlo

hello Carlo and Jah,

NO! my Xiaomi 13.3 is the first gen with NVDIA 940 GX...

Let me know what to do with the config.plist

Bernard

Btw...

Thanks guys!

1. High Sierra supports NVME but you can't easily install macOS on a partition without reformatting the drive.

Have fun!

Hello Elijah,

YES Windows can see my Mac disk thanx to a third party software MacDrive 10

MacOs can also see Windows drive in write mode thanx to NTFS for Mac from Paragon software.

enjoy!

Bernard

Hi Elijah,

2.1 is not available for download from insanelymac. Can you please repost it? Also when you wrote that it works, have you tried it with 10.13.2 version of high sierra?

Thanks!

Btw...

Thanks guys!

Have fun!

Btw...

Thanks guys!

Have fun!

Hello,

Things are far more pain in the ass to install High Sierra than it was for Sierra.

I get this error message:

AMFILoad TrustedKeys from NVRAM: failed getting NVRAM

ACPI executed 31 blocks of module-level executable AML code using 1634 buffer headers and 10240 cluster.

Then there is an automatic Reboot in Hell with Windows...

Pressing the Windows Keyboard Key + PrtScn doesn't take a sreenshot...?

So WITH NO ANSWER TO MY SPECIFIC QUERY i tried the original config.plist from folder 2.1 with only adding my serial number...

It works better since now i get the Apple on the black screen with a progress bar going close to the end of the installation but it stops just before ending and then it reboots in Windows...

I'm still unable to make a printedscreen...

;-((

Holy sh... i'm now moving OFF since it drives me upset with all that {censored} in the fan...

Please explain me what the hell s'going on.

Have fun!

So I'd have to completely format my NVME drive to run macOS alongside Windows 10 on the one drive?

Hello,

Things are far more pain in the ass to install High Sierra than it was for Sierra.

I get this error message:

AMFILoad TrustedKeys from NVRAM: failed getting NVRAM

ACPI executed 31 blocks of module-level executable AML code using 1634 buffer headers and 10240 cluster.

Then there is an automatic Reboot in Hell with Windows...

Pressing the Windows Keyboard Key + PrtScn doesn't take a sreenshot...?

Hello folks,

Still no accurate help available?

Now when the installer crashes from the USB Stick i have an error message:

Mac Os version not yet set?

I never should have move to hell with this bloody High Sierra since everything was OK on the previous Sierra.

What a lot of pain and wasted time for nuts!