[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

On what bios version are you currently?

A06

I'll describe some problems that I noticed on 10.13 with pack 2.1:
1. Problems with the display of the battery (after installing ACPIBatteryManager.kext from 10.01 everything works well)
2. Artifacts when the system boots
3. Sound does not work through headphones (strong distortion)
? - the minimum level of brightness is completely different from the display backlight (I'm not sure if this is a problem, but if it's possible to fix it - let me know)

I have the same problems too. 

Regarding to sound problem there is a not so well workaround: move sound balance to the left or to the right

• Like 1

I tried everything without luck.

1. Reseted BIOS settings

2. Two USB drives

3. Image using RDrive, DiskMaker and OSX Terminal

4. Original package + nayzebo 

5. Different configs with differente serial numbers, board numbers and Chasis (The one in the package says iMac not Macbook Alluminum)

My Xiaomi has a A06 BIOS, working great with Sierra.

I tried everything without luck.

1. Reseted BIOS settings

2. Two USB drives

3. Image using RDrive, DiskMaker and OSX Terminal

4. Original package + nayzebo 

5. Different configs with differente serial numbers, board numbers and Chasis (The one in the package says iMac not Macbook Alluminum)

My Xiaomi has a A06 BIOS, working great with Sierra.

Same with me

Facing some graphic issues, I don't know if you guys have them, 

Kext installation was successful and almost everything is working , however I hdmi is not working , animations are luggy (same thing happened in Sierra fixed with the SKLGraphics kext) however after 2 tries is still not working, what I did is just drag and drop from folder to easy kext pro.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Facing some graphic issues, I don't know if you guys have them, 

Kext installation was successful and almost everything is working , however I hdmi is not working , animations are luggy (same thing happened in Sierra fixed with the SKLGraphics kext) however after 2 tries is still not working, what I did is just drag and drop from folder to easy kext pro.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Easy kext pro is having graphic issues. It looks in a strange way weird, but furthermore my MiBook works great :)

about HDMI I honestly don't know, but maybe I'll test it tomorrow.

oh.. and btw: I also have issues with sound. But fixed them as described above.

Easy kext pro is having graphic issues. It looks in a strange way weird, but furthermore my MiBook works great :)

about HDMI I honestly don't know, but maybe I'll test it tomorrow.

oh.. and btw: I also have issues with sound. But fixed them as described above.

Does System preferences get the right size of the display? mine says 30 inches...and yeah easy kext has some graphic errors, for me sound works same as in windows...

It would be cool if you can credit everyone's kexts used?

not gonna say anything more 

I'm sure nothing in the package is your work, everyone who contributed to it is well credited, don't worry mr. no one.

Hello Jah, 

I tried to fix the graphic issues without success, however after I tried to rebuild the kext with

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext is not valid; omitting.

It says that the Intel kext is not valid...

everything is where it should be but no hdmi, it says 30 inch display and some apps like Spotify do not work (plus the lags on animations)

any idea how to fix this?

I had errors while moving the DisplayVendor file (it said no such file or directory) after reading on internet it was probably because of SIP so I disabled it with clover configurator, tried to copy it, it worked, restarted , nothing, tried to reinstall the kext, nothing.

I don't know what else I can do.

any idea how to fix this?

1. You don't need to install AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext at all. If you have installed it into Clover directory then just remove it, if into /System/Library/Extensions then you need to restore original kext.

2. There is a mistake in Readme. You need to copy config file into /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4d10/DisplayProductID-1447

• Like 1

1. You don't need to install AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext at all. If you have installed it into Clover directory then just remove it, if into /System/Library/Extensions then you need to restore original kext.

2. There is a mistake in Readme. You need to copy config file into /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4d10/DisplayProductID-1447

Nothing...Tried what you did

Do you see anything wrong?

post-2048879-0-67623900-1507757850_thumb.png

post-2048879-0-74291600-1507757855_thumb.png

Do you see anything wrong?

Yes, your file named ProductID-1447 instead of DisplayProductID-1447, but it shouldn't be the reason of animation lags.

Attach you config.plist and boot log (you can create it by CloverConfigurator from left menu Boot.log)

For those upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1, these are the steps I took and it worked fine to upgrade directly:

1. I upgraded my Clover version to the latest version using the Settings preference pane.
  2. Copy new folder structure and items from 2.1 Filespack Download to existing EFI volume, making sure they match.
  3. Copy previous SMBIOS information to the config.plist included in the 2.1 download and add to EFI volume
  4. Download and install High Sierra upgrade from App Store.
  5. When PC reboots, make sure you select the macOS Install boot options twice, and then the macOS volume to complete the setup.
  6. Install the two kernel extensions again (I use the manual method, not EasyKextPro because that always bricks my machine).
  7. I needed to hide the volume "Preboot" from the boot menu using Clover Configurator -> GUI tab. While you're there, change the default language from "it" to "en" for English.
  8. Done. Very happy the existing hard drive is now natively supported and loving APFS.

Added a patch for solving external disk 10.13 in the post

Awesome! Was my only issue.

Hey,

i have read the complete thread. Because I buyed a Xiaomi Air 13.3 (2017 Version) and I want WLAN and Bluetooth without any ugly mini usb stick looking out of my book...

I understand that the 13.3 Inch (2016) have in the first revisions a M.2-Port (NGFF) with B-Key. Soo, I have read from another forum, that a guy tested a M.2 adapter and put a Broadcom-WLAN-Bluetooth-Card on it. But it doesn't appear in Windows.. That's because the Bluetooth on the card needs USB, that doesn't provide from the third WWAN-M.2-Slot in the Air 13.3..

So, my idea..
And I have no idea, if a third WWAN-M.2-Slot in the Air 13" 2017 Version longer exists (or a second with PCIe). Because there is no picture on the whole internet, only disasembly videos for the 2016-Version, where the hype came.. 

But when it have a second M.2 PCIe-Slot, I want to try following.
You buy following stuff (it's in german, but you can see what I mean.. clear.png)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/USB-3-0-Verl...553593?hash=item1ecdd8c1f9:g:~CEAAOSw9DVZsRhW

http://www.ebay.de/itm/USB-3-0-Adap...&sd=132302553593&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01N23UMRB/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

You put it all together and then add Hackintosh-compatible USB-WLAN and Bluetooth-Sticks. Maybe you find a U.FL-Pigtail to SMA-Adapter and connect the USB-WLAN with the original Xiaomi-WLAN-Antenna.

The only problem I see:

The space in the notebook. Maybe you must cut off the plastic from the M.2-USB-Adapter to fit in. But it is worth a try!
Sorry for my english, I hope you can unterstand my idea. clear.png

I hope, I get an answer - maybe a pic on the open backside from a 2017-Version? clear.png
When I get my from china in a few days (hopefully), I can say you more!

Greetings,
Robin

• Like 1