[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

Thanks JahStories and gengik84!

It seems everything works fine. One change I made: renaming directory CLOVER/kexts/10.13 to CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Benchmarks results:

How did you managed to boot it?

2.0 was working without issues , however i cannot boot with the 2.1 package, the booting bar gets to the end but after 20 minutes a loading symbol appears and stops working.

What i did (Same for 2.0) :

1. Create booteable USB (GUID - Mac OS Jouarnaled) using terminal to put high sierra inside.

2. Installed clover with Uefi only settings and themes and the copy scripts option activated

3. Moved everything from the package to the efi partition of the usb.

4. Using clover online i generated a serial number for the config file and also i tried to generate a Board Serial Number (Serial Number + 5 ramdom  digits with letters which worked in 2.0)

5. Use 0x123456789 to boot from the usb

did you do anything else? im going to try to rename the folder to other

Thanks! 

• Like 1

How did you managed to boot it?

2.0 was working without issues , however i cannot boot with the 2.1 package, the booting bar gets to the end but after 20 minutes a loading symbol appears and stops working.

Try to rename kexts directory from 10.13 to Other and boot with -v flag to see what is going wrong.

One small bug is found: battery charge in percentage is not updated dynamically.

Try to rename kexts directory from 10.13 to Other and boot with -v flag to see what is going wrong.

One small bug is found: battery charge in percentage is not updated dynamically.

No luck, this is what im getting

post-2048879-0-87491700-1506885544_thumb.png

Hmm... Did you fully replaced EFI/CLOVER directory by one from files pack?

Link removed

Update: I solved the battery charge stuck by resetting energy saving settings to defaults as described here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6622834?start=0&tstart=0

Edited by gengik84
please read the rules, installer.app is only allowed for download from the apple server

Hmm... Did you fully replaced EFI/CLOVER directory by one from files pack?

Link removed

Update: I solved the battery charge stuck by resetting energy saving settings to defaults as described here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6622834?start=0&tstart=0

Yes, I replaced everything and tried 2 usb drives, my high sierra image is from the apple store , using a vm in windows to create the usb.

My config file just in case there is something wrong. (Cant upload the plist so here you have a txt)

And also how i configured clover on the usb

config.txt

post-2048879-0-84200200-1506887768_thumb.png

Hi everyone!

Here is my CLOVER directory.

Modifications that I made relatively to original files pack:

1. Renamed CLOVER/kexts/10.13 -> CLOVER/kexts/Other

2. Copied DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext and MiNote13-FrequenciesInjector-MPB13.1-I56200U.kext into kexts/Other directory

3. Generated serial numbers in SMBIOS. In attached config they are empty, you need to generate your own! 

CLOVER.zip

By the way, working perfectly for me ! (But strangely needed to do the intelsklfrebuffer.kext stuff that I shouldn't be doing...) 

Tried your configuration with a generated serial number and its still not working so i guess is something i did wrong.

This is what im getting :

post-2048879-0-42028900-1506964962_thumb.png

post-2048879-0-96085600-1506964975_thumb.png

post-2048879-0-55403300-1506964986_thumb.png

Same error for me too

After reading a few post on internet, i think is something related to the Nvidia GPU but i dont know how solve it, lets see if we can get help

By the way, working perfectly for me ! (But strangely needed to do the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext stuff that I shouldn't be doing...) 

I'm downloading the iso image from the link you shared, how did you put it in the USB? Did you use rufus on windows or did you use mac os terminal?

I'm downloading the iso image from the link you shared, how did you put it in the USB? Did you use rufus on windows or did you use mac os terminal?

I think you tell it to me.

There is a video how to install this image to USB using Windows: 

In short:

1. Clean USB drive by diskpart utility

2. Restore image to USB using R-Drive (R-Drive is present in iso)

Last step with restoration of MBR is not required.

After that copy content of CLOVER directory from files pack or from archive attached by me to EFI partition on USB.

Use this USB to install Mac OS.

I think you tell it to me.

There is a video how to install this image to USB using Windows: 

In short:

1. Clean USB drive by diskpart utility

2. Restore image to USB using R-Drive (R-Drive is present in iso)

Last step with restoration of MBR is not required.

After that copy content of CLOVER directory from files pack or from archive attached by me to EFI partition on USB.

Use this USB to install Mac OS.

Still not working after using R-Drive im getting the error in the image.

However i would like to ask you a few questions, 

1. What is the format in your USB drive before using R-Drive? (I tried Mac OS Journaled - GUID + Clean with diskpart and ExFat + GUID + Clean with no luck)

2. Followed the video, howevert it does not create an EFI partition, instead it creates a Clover partition with (EFI and PostInstall folders) as you can see in the second photo.

maybe i did some newbie mistake i just want to make sure i did the same things you did.

Thanks for your help!

post-2048879-0-98802500-1506982193_thumb.png

post-2048879-0-46737800-1506982564_thumb.png

1. What is the format in your USB drive before using R-Drive? (I tried Mac OS Journaled - GUID + Clean with diskpart and ExFat + GUID + Clean with no luck)

You don't need to format USB before using R-Drive. Just clean it via diskpart and restore from image.

2. Followed the video, howevert it does not create an EFI partition, instead it creates a Clover partition with (EFI and PostInstall folders) as you can see in the second photo.

Yes, it is correct. Just replace all data in EFI/CLOVER directory. You can totally remove it and copy from files pack with renamed directory 10.13 -> Other and generated serials.

Can someone control my clover options ?

Hi Raptoor!

I looked at your config. It is OK for me. There are small differences regarding to my config, but I think they are don't matter. In the left is my config without serials, in the right - yours.

I think you made something wrong in creation of bootable USB. And try to reset BIOS settings to defaults.

post-899106-0-21831500-1507020299_thumb.png

post-899106-0-60555900-1507020307_thumb.png

You don't need to format USB before using R-Drive. Just clean it via diskpart and restore from image.

Yes, it is correct. Just replace all data in EFI/CLOVER directory. You can totally remove it and copy from files pack with renamed directory 10.13 -> Other and generated serials.

Hi Raptoor!

I looked at your config. It is OK for me. There are small differences regarding to my config, but I think they are don't matter. In the left is my config without serials, in the right - yours.

I think you made something wrong in creation of bootable USB. And try to reset BIOS settings to defaults.

On what bios version are you currently?

I'll describe some problems that I noticed on 10.13 with pack 2.1:

1. Problems with the display of the battery (after installing ACPIBatteryManager.kext from 10.01 everything works well);

2. Artifacts when the system boots; Solution

Edit the patch in KextsToPatch:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Second Stage patch 10.13</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
AQAAdSI=
</data>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.13.x</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AQAA6yI=
</data>
</dict>

3. Sound does not work through headphones (strong distortion, It works correctly if you change the sound balance in any direction or disable one thread);

4. Sleep (does not wake up, the indicator on the power button is constantly on); It's weird, but it has earned for itself, but a defective dream (As noted in the first post)

5. The internal SSD is displayed as an external (fix does not help); Solution (thanks nayzebo):

Edit the patch in KextsToPatch:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>External icon fix</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RXh0ZXJuYWw=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IONVMeFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SW50ZXJuYWw=
</data>
</dict>

? - the minimum level of brightness is completely different from the display backlight (I'm not sure if this is a problem, but if it's possible to fix it - let me know).

If you manage to solve these problems or you do not have them - let me know, I'll understand what I did wrong

Edited by angry.cheburashka