[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I installed macOS Sierra 10.12.6 on a MNA 13" with A7 BIOS but it is not a complete success :

- Fans rotate continuously 

- Trackpad is buggy

- Fully charged battery lasts 1h30

- Earphones produce a crackle and an horrible noise

I don't know where I am wrong so I attached you my config.plist

Thanks

config.plist.zip

@maxime

The Xiaomi MI notebook pro 13 with the same specs, but with different bios should work without problems with the different bios versions... Fanuil was talking about the brand new one the one with different system specs (CPU, GPU etc..)

You can create a Ubuntu virtual machine with vmware then when you boot it up, just select bluetooth under usb after it is shared with the VM wait a until ubuntu recognize it then deactivate it from usb, it will work on macos until you reboot.

• Like 1

I don't know what's wrong with your configuration, I've not checked your config, but you should just use the one provided and edit it adding the serials, nothing more...

I cannot even check if it's a matter of different bios version because xiaomi don't provide updates, and we did not figured how to update on our own.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I missing something? I thought I saw an empty m.2 slot for wifi/BT on the motherboard of the 13" version. Couldn't we just install a macOS compatible module there and connect the antennas from the intel one?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Broadcom-BCM94352Z-Wireless-AC-NGFF-Dual-band-802-11ac-867Mbps-WIFI-Bluetooth-BT-4-0-Card/32580045155.html

Apart from that, I see most people use wifi dongles, are they just trying the cheapest solution or has my idea been tested and proven wrong already?

Thanks for keeping this project going!

post-286651-0-49238600-1506629608_thumb.png

your idea sadly is wrong... first of all that connector is for wwan and not for wlan, second the connector is soldered only on first revisions of the mi notebooks on the latest it isnt present at all...

I'll update 2.1 package soon my connection at home is having a lot of drops it's unstable when it will get fixed I'll upload it...

Hi JahStories!

I got notification that new files pack 2.1 is available, but I unable to download it. There is no link to download it. Can you help me? Thanks!

Same for me, cant find the file

same here! Cant find the files either