[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

Delete intelBacklight.kext and try again

am I correct by mounting the EFI on the desktop by Clover and then copy all the files EFI/CLover in the filepack2.0 to the EFI on the desktop? what about other kext in the filepack 2.0, how can I installed them? Can I use kext utility for installing kext?

Thank you,

I try to delete the intelbacklight.kext and then reboot, other error come up. 

photo6116359783050225663.jpg

It is not working.  Can anyone explain thouroughly what should I do exactly after install the Mac OS on the harddisk, and where and by what way the files from filepack2.0 should be copied to?  I am so confused.  I mount the Clover once I have the Mac OS installed on the harddisk, and it mounted the EFI.  Do I just drag across all the files in the EFI/Clover in the filepack 2.0 to the EFI/Clover on the desktop? But then, the Mac will say it is not the same version it was running when it was reboot? 

I am sorry I am so confused and don't know what to do.  Please help thank you. 

1 Put all EFI clover from the pack to EFI Clover pm your harddisk.

Then Open clover configurator and mount your hdd EFI. Then go to EFI Clover config.plist.

Open the plist into clover configurator.

Go to SMBIOS. Choose One (MacBook Pro )

After u set the smbios, change the Name to MACBOOK PRO 13,1

Save reboot!

(If dont boot, at boot choose settings,graphics tuning, and set 0x123456789 to IntelFakeID) If u miss the passages It wont boot.

If u still Cant boot i Cant help u more, u should Ask in the Xiaomi Tread If someone gives u the KextPatches For Nvme for Clover.

• Like 1

Thx Allan :)

But that kext is already in the 2.0 filepack! :yes:  ^_^

I added it thanks to a suggestion from Gengik84, this is from 2.0 changelog:

New kext (DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext) to disable CPU Turbo on battery mode.

• Like 2

Thx Allan :)

But that kext is already in the 2.0 filepack! :yes:  ^_^

Yeah I know. I just answered @axel question.

Maybe now he'll use your pack, and install it.

Congrats for your good job  ;)

• Like 2

Yeah good job i mean but idont knwo what the kext do before!.. Hmm so its fine without turbo while rendering.. Im saying this cause ive found the Xiaomi with battery drain, also with the kext! I reccomend use the kext so guys! 

• Like 1

Hi, I've tried to install 12.5 but had a problem with nvme and use my clone to re-create my old system, but I needed to reinstall the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext as said in the guide then.. And I had a problem like this a long time ago, and still need to reinstall it.. Is it normal ? 

(Well I will try 12.5 again) 

The only way to adjust brightness, for me, is using Brightness slider app from App Store

Edit:  Brightness slider app doesn't adjust brightness. Only put a smoked layer on top...

No brightness control for me.

Link to unsupported thread have been removed and btw are not related to the now bypassed lid bug....

And i dont know what are you guys doing but the only issue caused by not using the now not supported intelbacklight kext is having less backlit steps...

Using the package i can adjust brightness both from keyboard hot keys and from macos system preferences.

McBanjo: I will try again soon; When I tried a week ago, I thing I messed up with Nvme; if you don't have macOS install on a nvme and you try it, it would be interesting to me to know if it is working. 

Apparently it shouldn't be a problem to do the update... Well, I really don't know.

For the backlight; You shouldn't have this problem if you have removed intelbacklight.kext; maybe you installed an other trackpad drivers that change the keyboard... Or you can try AppleBacklightInjector.kext it works;. (you need to follow a guide).

Hey everyone, just bought myself a Samsung 850 EVO SSD for my laptop to install Sierra on it. I was confused with a fact that it wasn't shown in Disk Utility while macOS installation process. Any help or ideas?

• 3 weeks later...