FALLOFMAN

21 posts in this topic

System:

osx sierra on its own HD

motherboard: asus p8z 77v -lx

cpu: intel i5 3570k 

ram: 8 gig corsair vengeance

gpu: evga gtx 1080 6gb vram single fan

So I upgraded from el capitan to sierra and installed the new nvidia drivers for the 1000 series nvidia cards, I also added some keys to my boot file since sierra wasnt accepting nvda_drv=1. 

So that worked, sierra recognizes my nvidia card, however, its only showing that 7mb of vram is being used by it, when I have 6 gigs. I tried enabling and disabling inject nvidia, all that did was make sierra not recognize my card.

I'm out of ideas

Weird, its detecting my card and I have visuals on the screen just not enough v ram. That sucks. Anyway, I also tried my  intel hd4000 integrated graphics and was having the same 7mb problem. 

Any work around?

It's not weird, it's just unsupported yet... 

HD4000 should work with Inject Intel, nothing else.

• Like 1

I tried the nv_disable=1 also when my computer starts, it does work through the hd4000 but when mac loads, the signal gets lost and reverts back to nvidia

Do you get to the desktop? If so, yes, you will still see the nvidia card as being detected but with 7MB RAM - however, as long as you have the correct parameters set as described above then you "should" be getting your graphics alteration through the HD4000. I'm not a Mac guy, I only built this hack for my wife and the best way I knew I was using the onboard graphics was by clicking the All Apps button and watching the animation of the menu load. If the animation was slow and jerky then I knew I was using the nvidia card without acceleration but if the animation was smooth and fast then I knew I was using the onboard graphics. Click the Apple on the top left - About this Mac - and then Advanced or Details (I forget what it said on the pop-up screen) - then go to Display and see what source is your graphics.
  • Like 1

This is a separate question from the OP's: I have a multiboot hack and have 4 different partitions for Mavs, Yose, El Cap, & Sierra. I own a GTX 1070 was able to successfully inject Intel through Clover and able to use IGPU for all of the partitions except for Mavs. Anybody know why that may be the case: The only thing different is I changed Intel=true on the config.plist. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Frank Nitty.. I did that too, still no luck

Do what Knowcontrol said first then also make sure your HDMI cable is connected from your motherboard to your monitor. And for ur own sake uninstall the NVIDIA drivers.

got it working, for anyone wondering, I had to go into uefi bios and set primary graphics to igpu

You were told to do exactly that:

You need to nv_disable=1, set the vram of the HD4000, set the onboard graphics in the BIOS and plug the video cable into the motherboard

• Like 3