[SOLVED]No QE/CI after installing Sierra

alex95sv

6 posts in this topic

Hey, so I just installed Sierra using the iAtkos SR and everything works except my Graphics... It shows that I have only 5MB Video memory.. My card is AMD Radeon R9 270.

Tried different stuff when installing, like different framebuffers like Hamachi, Futomaki, Dayman, but nothing seems to be working. Tried installing extra stuff with a "AMD Radeon GPU Injector Tool" but nothing worked.

The weird thing is, everything worked flawlessly on Yosemite. I even updated without problems via the AppStore, and I never did anything special for my graphics back then as far as I remember. I was running a pretty stable hackintosh on Yosemite (It was iAtkos too), but wanted to upgrade.

Has someone with the same graphics card encountered this issue, and fixed it?

Thank you in advance!

I don't know if this will help, but I have a R7 265 which reads as a R9 270x or HD 7XXX in Clover in Sierra.     If I inject ATI I get the R9 270x with 7mb unsupported (without any fixes added) if I don't inject ATI I get HD 7XXX and 2048mb supported.     Again this is using clover and in Sierra, Dayman is a frame buffer for AMD RX 4XX cards.

Try fake id 0x68101002 and don't inject ATI, it may work.

I don't know if this will help, but I have a R7 265 which reads as a R9 270x or HD 7XXX in Clover in Sierra. If I inject ATI I get the R9 270x with 7mb unsupported (without any fixes added) if I don't inject ATI I get HD 7XXX and 2048mb supported. Again this is using clover and in Sierra, Dayman is a frame buffer for AMD RX 4XX cards.

Try fake id 0x68101002 and don't inject ATI, it may work.

This actually worked!! But I have another issue now... macOS thinks I have two connected displays. Any suggestions? >_>

do you have two inputs connected? For example I have hdmi and vga plugged in 24/7 to one monitor and I know Windows for sure picks it up as two combined displays while macOS only sees VGA

No, I don't. I only have it connected through HDMI. this is a very weird issue.. :/ someone on Reddit told me it's a "ghost monitor" that can be removed using some script, but I can't find anything :(

No one had this issue with the ghost monitor? :0 :/

Edit: I have some progress. When I don't connect anything till the login screen, Sierra detects only one monitor, as it is. :/

Edit 2: fixed it. The issue was the framebuffer, so I had to create a custom one for my card. Did it using Vlada's tutorial (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303186-how-to-modification-of-amd-fb-clover-injection/).