Another Sleep-Wake Failure. ASUS P7P55 LX Chameleon

Glenn_UK

10 posts in this topic

To people more knowledgeable..... Help requested....

Another Sleep-Wake Failure.   ASUS P7P55 LX    Chameleon

Like many other people, I have the Immediately wake on Sleep (timed or manual), and have tried all I know and all I’ve read.

Here is my System Specs and info and org.Chameleon.boot.plist (zipped, if that’s OK?).

If anyone can help, would really appreciate.

Hackintosh System Specs.zip

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I see several have viewed this, but none with a solution...

Well, this might be of use to others...

After many months of the annoying sleep and immediate re-wake problem, I have myself now found a simple solution...

With the BIOS set to APCI Suspend Mode as 'Suspend 3 only' (don't know if that is actually essential), change the USB Wake Up jumper USBPW9-14 (the one by the 3 USB connectors) to 2 and 3 (centre and right) instead of the default 1 and 2.

I myself have all 3 of those USB connectors un-used (using only the backplate ones) so can't say if having them empty is relevant.

So for me, with that now solved (faultless sleep, either manual or timed, and instant wake at any time with keyboard), everything is working perfectly.

Hope this might be of help. (Maybe even for other similar boards)?

[All I need now is a way to solve the same problem on my Dell M4800 laptop - so if anyone can point me to a solution for that I'd be really grateful].

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

MaLd0n...

(Sorry for my delay)

I do not use any DSDT for either my ASUS P7P55 LX or my Dell M4800.

I am using only BootFlags, kexts, and (for the M4800) workaround utilities (like Brightness Slider ).

Understanding DSDT is much too complicated for me.

Yes, but I have everything on the ASUS P7P55 LX working completely - without DSDT.

The only unsolved problem (no Sleep) was a hardware fix (as above) and I thought that might help others.

Every time I try DSDT I get in deep water. There seem to be no user guides for learning it, and the examples I see on forums are always for very specific hardware setups, and can't be applied to others without good knowledge.

If you can suggest somewhere to find instructions for a beginner I would welcome that.

• Like 1

MaLd0n...

Thanks I'll look at what you say.

It's not that I don't like edits - I just don't know how to make them...!

And it seems there's nowhere for a beginner to learn.

~~~~~~~

Blaggah...

I have no idea for your board, can only suggest see if there is an on-board jumper similar to the one I mention for the ASUS.

• 2 weeks later...

MaLd0n...

Thanks I'll look at what you say.

It's not that I don't like edits - I just don't know how to make them...!

And it seems there's nowhere for a beginner to learn.

~~~~~~~

Blaggah...

I have no idea for your board, can only suggest see if there is an on-board jumper similar to the one I mention for the ASUS.

Alright man, I just found the post #2 you mentioned it. I'll look at the manual to see if I see anything like that and try it.  Thanks again.