[GUIDE] HP Z800 Hackintosh macOS Sierra 10.12.1

SBC-Studios

81 posts in this topic

Hello there ! and thanks for the tutorial :)

I have different problem than other people here. My motherboard is Z800 rev.3 with the latest 3.60 bios update. I also follow the right instructions to setup the bios correctly.

But after installing the Sierra with this method (I downloaded it from Mac app store), the installation from USB boots then I got the Forbidden symbol. It doesn't want to go further...

Same problem with 10.11 installer too.

One of my SSD have 10.8.5 working fine with the lastest Enoch/Chameleon bootloader now. So I don't know what's my problem.

About my graphics card, I use a Nvida gtx 660 ti that is working fine out of the box.

My boot arguments are : -v PCIRootUID=1

If I don't use PCIRootUID=1 I get stuck at "waiting for root device"

Do you have any idea of what's happening ?

Also I was wondering if there is a way to install/update to 10.9.5, because so far, I see all people failing at reach 10.9.5 (waiting for root device problem).

My last question : sometimes I feel that my mouse has strange behavior on 10.8.5 (like double clicking by itself, or sometimes I can't click some buttons but I can move the window, it's like a window focus problem or something). I had this problem sometimes even after a fresh install... If someone encounter this problem please let me know :)

Thanks a lot for your help !

Hello there ! and thanks for the tutorial :)

I have different problem than other people here. My motherboard is Z800 rev.3 with the latest 3.60 bios update. I also follow the right instructions to setup the bios correctly.

But after installing the Sierra with this method (I downloaded it from Mac app store), the installation from USB boots then I got the Forbidden symbol. It doesn't want to go further...

Same problem with 10.11 installer too.

One of my SSD have 10.8.5 working fine with the lastest Enoch/Chameleon bootloader now. So I don't know what's my problem.

About my graphics card, I use a Nvida gtx 660 ti that is working fine out of the box.

My boot arguments are : -v PCIRootUID=1

If I don't use PCIRootUID=1 I get stuck at "waiting for root device"

Do you have any idea of what's happening ?

Also I was wondering if there is a way to install/update to 10.9.5, because so far, I see all people failing at reach 10.9.5 (waiting for root device problem).

My last question : sometimes I feel that my mouse has strange behavior on 10.8.5 (like double clicking by itself, or sometimes I can't click some buttons but I can move the window, it's like a window focus problem or something). I had this problem sometimes even after a fresh install... If someone encounter this problem please let me know :)

Thanks a lot for your help !

Follow my guide and download my install files. Unzip and read the ReadME Howto guide.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307064-hp-z400z600z800-workstations-os-x-1010x1011x-installation/?p=2335626

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have followed this guide to a T, but my current issue is twofold:

1) coming up with a config.plist that works because

2) When I boot, I will get a screen full of red text and a Kernel Panic unless I have the USB thumbdrive in.

When it works, it works great.

My setup:

HP Z800 with dual x5675 xeons and 48GB of RAM. Quadro 4k graphics card. I am using all of the BIOS configs from the OP's post. There is so much this guide leaves out and I would really love some help.

Never mind the previous post. I had installed Clover wrong.

Anyway, I have a few questions that maybe someone can help me. I have tried to follow this thread and see what is up but there is a lot going on. I have a HP Z800 with dual x5675's and 48GB of RAM. I have the latest clover and BIOS installed. My networking and graphics (Quadro 4000) work just fine. My USB is not working well and I want to make sure my BIOS and config.plist settings are right before I start deleting system kexts. If someone could answer these questions or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Also, I have used a vanilla install and all of the kexts I used are in my clover EFI partion in the "other" folder. Things are working fine for the most part. I feel like I am missing something, so though most everything works, I wanted to ask the basic questions again.

1) What options in BIOS should be changed from the default settings?

2) What are the basic kexts that you all are using aside from FakeSMC?

3) Is there a config.plist setting somewhere that might fix these USB issues?

4) For installation of Sierra 10.12.X, what is the current goto guide for the Z800?

Please throw in any useful information needed

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to install Sierra on Z600 using this guide.

However, it seems like it gets stuck to the Apple logo when the progress bar has reached full. It just doesn't seem to progress from this.

Any idea what could be wrong?

My GPU is GTX 760. Otherwise it's a Z600.

I'm trying to install Sierra on Z600 using this guide.

However, it seems like it gets stuck to the Apple logo when the progress bar has reached full. It just doesn't seem to progress from this.

Any idea what could be wrong?

My GPU is GTX 760. Otherwise it's a Z600.

First of all, you need to be booting in verbose mode. This is done in clover by hitting the spacebar and selecting "-v verbose" prior to booting. The text readout will help in your troubleshooting. You could also download a program called discord, go to www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh, and click the discord server link, and talk to us on there. Never boot without the verbose flag until you are good to go and install is finished. I think another flag is needed for the GPU (nv_disable=1 or something like that). Also, you could post your specs and issue on the affore mentioned reddit site and get help there also.

I wonder if it's normal to see the installer "hang" on 7 minutes remaining.

Sort of like in this thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7373322?start=0&tstart=0

Mouse and keyboard are still working so the installer probably isn't stuck, but it's difficult to interpret, whether it's progressing or not.

Anyone have experience about this? How long should the installing take?

Okay so the installer did finish I think. But after the computer had rebooted, it seems to stall in

"Attempting Boot From Hard Drive

_"

So, what's wrong now? Any way to debug this?

Did you boot from the USB again by clicking F9?

Did you boot from the USB again by clicking F9?

Yeah so this was the problem. For some reason the BIOS defaulted back to booting from the HDD, eventhough the installer was still going on from the USB, so by booting back to the USB, the installer continued.

I've now got 10.12.6 succesfully running.

However, my graphics card EVGA GTX 760 OC is still not working. I can get screen by going in with nv_disable=1, but I've tried:

1. Not using web drivers and not using nv_disable=1, this way I get black screen after the Apple logo and progress bar.

2. Installing web drivers and enabling them from the Clover bootloader. This way I also get black screen after the Apple logo and progress bar.

So what to do?

---

By installing web drivers and booting with nv_disable=0 I get to the desktop and Nvidia drivers seem to be in use.

However, About Mac shows

Graphics NVIDIA Chip Model 5 MB

and i have only 1280x1024 resolution available to me.

If you have the right drivers installed and the web driver box enabled in clover, just make sure:

1) Only one cable is used and it comes from the graphics card to the monitor

2) You are not connected to the motherboard

3) you are using either HDMI, DVI, or Display Port

4) You have the right drivers. Every time the OS updates, drivers need to be updated (i think)

5) Note that in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gtx-760-on-high-sierra.226742/ that depending on the SMBIOS used, you may have to add the combo of "lilu.kext" and "NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext"

6) Try using it natively without the web driver enabled OR the nv_disable=1 flag and see what happens.

7) Make an account on reddit's /r/hackintosh subreddit and ask OR download discord and join the hackintosh group also listed on the subreddit

Yeah so this was the problem. For some reason the BIOS defaulted back to booting from the HDD, eventhough the installer was still going on from the USB, so by booting back to the USB, the installer continued.

I've now got 10.12.6 succesfully running.

However, my graphics card EVGA GTX 760 OC is still not working. I can get screen by going in with nv_disable=1, but I've tried:

1. Not using web drivers and not using nv_disable=1, this way I get black screen after the Apple logo and progress bar.

2. Installing web drivers and enabling them from the Clover bootloader. This way I also get black screen after the Apple logo and progress bar.

So what to do?

---

By installing web drivers and booting with nv_disable=0 I get to the desktop and Nvidia drivers seem to be in use.

However, About Mac shows

Graphics NVIDIA Chip Model 5 MB

and i have only 1280x1024 resolution available to me.

Upload your config.plist file.

Guys New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover.

nvda_drv=1 in config.plist under Boot > Arguments is no longer working

As of macOS Sierra, nvda_drv=1 in config.plist under Boot > Arguments is no longer working to initiate drivers. Clover has been updated with a new System Parameter setting called NvidiaWeb.

There's a new method for enabling the NVIDIA Web Drivers in the latest versions of Clover (r3751+). It can be turned on and off by editing /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to add SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb. This parameter takes the place of nvda_drv=1 boot flag, which may not work in macOS Sierra.

1. Mount EFI Partition

2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro

3. Edit as shown below:

<key>SystemParameters</key>

<dict>

<key>InjectKexts</key>

<string>YES</string>

<key>InjectSystemID</key>

<true/>

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>

<true/>

</dict>

4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary

5. Save and reboot

• Like 1

Here's my config.plist

Ak7dTWz.png

So I found a fix to this.

My ProductName under SMBIOS was set as iMac 11,1. However, when reading that thread mentioned above in http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319386-guide-hp-z800-hackintosh-macos-sierra-10121/?p=2477429 one post didn't mention this model being compatible with GTX 760.

So I changed ProductName to iMac 13,1. Now everything seems to be working. The card reports correctly, the graphics are noticeably accelerated and I get all the resolutions.

Does the installation USB stick have to remain connected?

I removed it and made the stick serve other purposes and now when I boot my hackintosh, then it merely displays "Attempting Boot From Hard Drive" and nothing happens.

Perhaps Clover could be installed to a partition in the HDD?

If it isn't booting after installation is complete and the USB is removed, that means clover was not installed properly. If it isn't booting prior to installing with the USB in, you have to pick f9 at boot and select usb.

The clover options in this guide are not correct, I think. I will look into what I used.

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone elaborate, maybe break it down barney style, on the proper BIOS settings for the z800 given a 3.60 version?

I asked this because there are 2 versions in this thread and another version in another z800 thread in this forum as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone elaborate, maybe break it down barney style, on the proper BIOS settings for the z800 given a 3.60 version?

I asked this because there are 2 versions in this thread and another version in another z800 thread in this forum as well.

Read my post carefully.

I have the exact same HP z800 as yours all setup and working fine.

Download my zip file with everything you need. Unzip and read the instructions.

bios setup and install files and config settings are all there.

Works great with Sierra. Very stable.

Good luck.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307064-hp-z400z600z800-workstations-os-x-1010x1011x-installation/?p=2335626

Download my Install config and files I used for install below. Should work for HP z800, z600, z400. See Link

https://www.dropbox...._Files.zip?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...