ASUS Gtx 970 web driver problem (10.12.2)

vapotti

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, i've installed sierra on my pc. I have a problem with my Gtx 970, because after the installation i've installed nvidia web driver for Sierra 10.12.2 but when i restart,  during the loading of OS, i have black screen and pc restart. i have deleted from the boot option nvidia_drv=1 and i have changed this string:

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>

<true/>

Can someone help me?

PS: Sorry for my bad english 

You need to patch AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext.

The easy way is with ADGPfix.app on these forums in the download section.

Keep all other settings the same except when booting boot with nv_disable=1 then run ADGPfix.app then reboot normally when it tells you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good day all, 

I have the same problem on my hackintosh Sabertooth x79 & gtx 970 Gigabyte G1, and it does not depend on the SMBIOS version, i tried to use 14.2 firstly, 6.1 and others, also with patching by AGDPfix. Obviously, its little bit another situation than when there is no signal only & can NOT be easily patched by AGDPfix.  

I use 14,2, After i used AGPDFix however It doesn't work

Vapotti, i need extremely more info about y system to give advice.

Pls give y config.plist from EFI (pls double check location from), also i need current AppleGraphicsControl.kext from S/L/E.

What type of plug are y using to connect monitor to the gtx 970? Try to connect HDMI or by DVI (DP if available) without any adapter.

Also i wish to see IORegistryExplorer dump & current DSDT.