Need some direction for Post-Install

MaraficeEye

55 posts in this topic

Working sound+mic

Working battery status and indicator

Brightness doesn't work, though that was lower on my to-do list, along with keyboard backlight

I'll try out the I2C kext right now

Well the I2C kexts didn't work. I'll have to do some more digging

Looking up how to do the ssdtprgen right now. Also I set the proper platform id for my Intel HD520 and the available ram for it went from 7mb to 1536mb lol. Glad to have that sorted at least.

You need to run these commands.

curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh
then
./ssdtPRGen.sh
Then open your home folder > Library > ssdtPRGen > Copy and paste SSDT.aml to your EFI > CLOVER > ACPI > patched

You need to run these commands.

curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh
then
./ssdtPRGen.sh
Then open your home folder > Library > ssdtPRGen > Copy and paste SSDT.aml to your EFI > CLOVER > ACPI > patched

Yeah I had to go about it slightly different since the laptop doesn't have working internet right now, I downloaded what I needed on a VM and transferred it with USB. I got it generated and implemented, already rebooted with no issues, except for it being shown as an i3 and not an i7

Seems well, for cosmetics you can set cpu type 0x0703.

Choose your correct smbios. 

Inject Edid for display prefpane.

Trackpad prefpane to see if trackpad would work

Enable trim, disable hibernate, ...

Some thing for software, like iTunes DRM content, iMessage,

Tweak webcam, igpu idle freq

Thats all I can remember now. Cheers!

Hey thanks virgo, setting that cpu type now shows it as an i7. I know it's just a cosmetic thing but I like seeing the proper hardware.

For the SMBIOS I'm using a MacBook Air as that's the closest thing to this ultrabook.

I'll try the EDID injection but for now it's working correctly with the proper resolution but I would like the options for it

Trackpad is going to take some work, as mentioned earlier in the thread since it's an I2C device and the VoodooI2C kexts didn't work. I may try the SmartTrackpad kext again but last time I did that I lost my keyboard function.

I tried the sudo trimforce enable command which said it was successful but in the system info it still says Trim Support: No

Will work on disabling hibernate as well.

The webcam works but it's super low res, I'm thinking there some things I need to tweak

I'm not sure how to change the igpu idle freq, but I'll look into it.

Thanks again for all the help.

• Like 1

You only need to inject EDID if you cannot access display preference pane.

There is a clover patch for enabling Trim I will post it after.

Are you using your patched dsdt and ssdt's and dropping OEM in clover?

Renaming gfx0 to iGPU in dsdt and ssdt's before dropping oem

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can access the pane but I don't really have any options.

I'm using the patched DSDT and SSDT, not sure which to drop in clover.

I'll see about renaming the gfx0 to iGPU right now - So I see a bunch of calls to gfx0 when I do a find in the DSDT, do I change them all?

yes as SavageAUS says, for the trim there is a clover patch.

a rename patch is applied to dsdt and all ssdt.

in clover, set dropoem to true and make the patched folder for all your dsdt and ssdt

voodooi2c you may adjust the source to suite you hardware.

I dont have i2c compatible device so I dont have a hand on experience on it

If by backlight you mean display brightness you will need to patch dsdt and possibly use RehabMan's kext.

My hack book doesn't have backlit keys so I can't help with that.

Still a no-go on the brightness. As a side note, I updated to 10.12.2 and it screwed up my battery status. It knows when it's plugged in and not, but it constantly shows 0% and if I unplug it, the bar drops to the red and warns me about it going to sleep soon. I reinstalled the kext for it and it didn't help.

Yeah, replaced the dsdt once more with my patched one and it brought it back. Forgot to do that the first time.

I think for now my progress is halted. Can't seem to get the trackpad to work, no matter what I try. I don't have net access on this thing yet, planning to buy a usb adapter temporarily in the next week or so since I don't want to crack open the case on this thing just yet, but having to do everything through a VM as a middle man is getting a bit frustrating.

The Fn keys not working doesn't bother me that much to be honest, but I'm still going to dig around for some options and see about testing them.

Hopefully the work on the intel wifi driver will continue soon and they can get it working. It's at the stage where it sees the hardware and can load firmware, but it doesn't connect to anything yet. Hence why I'm going to get a USB adapter in the interim.

I'm trying to think of what else I want to have functioning on here and I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I actually wish this was as ootb ready as my old G72GX that I just got up and running on El Cap without needing anything extra, but such is life.

Thanks to you guys for all the help in getting me as far as I've gotten, wouldn't be here without you!