[HELP] Native Power Management Intel Core Quad Q6600

native power management intel hackintosh quad q6600.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

kosakgroove

kosakgroove

Unix Shepherd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Logic Pro, Clover EFI, Fixing Deep Sleep on my hack, Helping, Contributing

Hi guys, this is my first desktop Hackintosh
Specs are as follows:

Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
NVIDIA Geforce 210 1024 MB VRAM

When using NullCPU power management you can see the temps are really great.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 16.22.57.png   495.01KB   4 downloads

The performance is definitely better without that kext, but when I am using no NullCPU and use the Generate P and C states options in Clover, along with Drop OEM SSDT, temps go up to 60ÂșC all the time, whether it is heavy load or idling.
I know the ssdtPRGen.sh doesnt work with this kind of CPU , which is not even properly recognized in mac....

Attached File  Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 16.28.44.png   53.81KB   4 downloads

What should I do to get some native CPU power management up on this baby?
Thanks in advance. Here is my Clover folder

Attached File  CLOVER.zip   1.62MB   3 downloads

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 14,012 posts

Best Answer

try it

Attached Files

kosakgroove

kosakgroove

Unix Shepherd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Logic Pro, Clover EFI, Fixing Deep Sleep on my hack, Helping, Contributing

Works better performance-wise, but I am still stuck between 1.6GHz and 2.39GHz. CPU is always at one or the other frequencies, no in-between.

Does this look to you like a successful implementation of native power management? Not to me.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 20.42.55.png   296.32KB   0 downloads

kosakgroove

kosakgroove

Unix Shepherd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Please correct me if I am wrong but I think I was able to do it, since:
1- No NullCPU in my system anymore
2- I use Generate P and C states in Clover
3- 

Last login: Fri Dec 16 12:58:24 on ttys000
Joes-Power-Mac:~ joe$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
   89    0 0xffffff7f826b0000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (1.7.0) <59 11 5 4 3>
Joes-Power-Mac:~ joe$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
   19    0 0xffffff7f8227d000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (217.92.1) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
   27    0 0xffffff7f82278000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (217.92.1) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
Joes-Power-Mac:~ joe$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   12    1 0xffffff7f82587000 0x5f000    0x5f000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (2.0) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Joes-Power-Mac:~ joe$ kextstat|grep -y acpi_smc
   62    0 0xffffff7f81a6f000 0x10000    0x10000    com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin (1.0.0) <61 60 59 11 10 7 6 5 4 3>

Attached is my EFI , please help and tell me if all is good

Temperatures went down to great levels:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 13.03.06.png   512.9KB   0 downloads

I did lose most of the LPC sensors I had before AppleLPC loaded, like CMOS battery Level, PSU voltages, but I honestly dont care, as long as its something purely cosmetical, that doesnt mean anything.
Is this good to rock guys?

Attached File  Native Power EFI.zip   1.6MB   6 downloads

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 14,012 posts

u dont need EvOreboot.kext, restart in clover, shutdown in DSDT, _pts --> prepare to sleep

LPC try the clover patch and remove LPC_injector.kext, but ur dsdt have a lpc patch too

what ur system? Mavericks?

i attach ur patch mobo

Attached Files

PMheart

PMheart

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 563 posts

Hi.

Your system is too old to generate proper SSDT for Power Management. And thus you have no need for it.

Try to use MacPro3,1 SMBios and enable Generate C/P States and also enable AsusAICPUPM under KernelAndKextPatches section. And then also remove NULLCPUPM.

LPC. Hmm. Actually this could be not related to AICPUPM.

kosakgroove

kosakgroove

Unix Shepherd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

I am running OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks. I use a Cartri modded BIOS since it makes most of the DSDT patching made. I just modified a bit of it to my needs. I tried all LPC and shutdown patches I found and none work well. So I need custom LPC injector and I need EVO Reboot since it's the only way to shut this computer down totally when it uses OS X. I dont see what harm this kexts do.

I am using Mac Pro 3,1 SMBIOS and have no NullCPU anymore. The only problem now seems that it never goes lower than 1,60 GHz, even when idling....

I get 1,60 GHz, 2,13 GHz and 2,39 GHz , nothing more nothing less. Computer now oscilates between those states.

Temperatures are really great at the moment so I dont know, i can live with it in this state,

But if anyone can kindly help me further

Attached File  Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 15.53.44.png   355.41KB   0 downloads

After a reboot the LPC sensors are all back, and AppleLPC.kext still loaded! Awesome  :)

Attached Files

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 14,012 posts

I am running OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks. I use a Cartri modded BIOS since it makes most of the DSDT patching made. I just modified a bit of it to my needs. I tried all LPC and shutdown patches I found and none work well. So I need custom LPC injector and I need EVO Reboot since it's the only way to shut this computer down totally when it uses OS X. I dont see what harm this kexts do.

I am using Mac Pro 3,1 SMBIOS and have no NullCPU anymore. The only problem now seems that it never goes lower than 1,60 GHz, even when idling....

I get 1,60 GHz, 2,13 GHz and 2,39 GHz , nothing more nothing less. Computer now oscilates between those states.

Temperatures are really great at the moment so I dont know, i can live with it in this state,

But if anyone can kindly help me further

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-12-16 at 15.53.44.png

why u use bios mod? Use original bios and full edit DSDT with folder http://www.insanelym...ttach_id=209505

kosakgroove

kosakgroove

Unix Shepherd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

why u use bios mod? Use original bios and full edit DSDT with folder http://www.insanelym...ttach_id=209505

Result will be the same. I ran the Clover DSDT patching, the custom patched DSDT from Clover dump method, and I ended up settling  with modded BIOS which offers many features to my BIOS, and then dumped the tables from this BIOS and patched to my need.

I dont see any harm in it and it gave me a rock stable installation. I don't think I opened this post to put my methods, knowledge or ways to the test. I just would appreciate if you helped me with the CPU, not with the way I Hackintosh, specially when I am the only one with access to the hardware so...

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 14,012 posts

Result will be the same. I ran the Clover DSDT patching, the custom patched DSDT from Clover dump method, and I ended up settling  with modded BIOS which offers many features to my BIOS, and then dumped the tables from this BIOS and patched to my need.

I dont see any harm in it and it gave me a rock stable installation. I don't think I opened this post to put my methods, knowledge or ways to the test. I just would appreciate if you helped me with the CPU, not with the way I Hackintosh, specially when I am the only one with access to the hardware so...

ur way  :thumbsup_anim:

but, cartri edit DSDT and put into bios again, nothing more. ;) 

see u

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: native, power, management, intel, hackintosh, quad, q6600.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy