Hack-nano Buyers advice

6 posts in this topic

hello all,

this is a very nice community, i have read many posts and i am pleased to have joined.

I am looking into a way in to get my hands working on a hackintosh nano barebone pc.

I have read in older posts that the Nucs have issued with their wifi/bt hardware as they do not work and are not replacable. Is this also the case with the newest Nuc models? (Nuc6 and nuc7)?

Many people have successfully installed up to Sierra on Gigabyte Brix's loder models like the 4200. Will the installation of Sierra still work without any issues in the newer Brix models like the 6200 and 7200? Do i still need to replace the wifi adapter?

Please share me your thoughts and experience and advice on which nano pc i should buy for the most smooth installation of OSX. 

hello all,

this is a very nice community, i have read many posts and i am pleased to have joined.

I am looking into a way in to get my hands working on a hackintosh nano barebone pc.

I have read in older posts that the Nucs have issued with their wifi/bt hardware as they do not work and are not replacable. Is this also the case with the newest Nuc models? (Nuc6 and nuc7)?

Many people have successfully installed up to Sierra on Gigabyte Brix's loder models like the 4200. Will the installation of Sierra still work without any issues in the newer Brix models like the 6200 and 7200? Do i still need to replace the wifi adapter?

Please share me your thoughts and experience and advice on which nano pc i should buy for the most smooth installation of OSX. 

There's a Broadwell NUC that has replaceable wifi. Try that one. I have a NUC D54250WYKH working as a media server at home with OS X, pretty comfy one

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. That is a good suggestion. Did you have to replace the wifi? Everything else works? Did you have any problems with the installation?

Any other suggestions anyone with Haswell or skylake?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. That is a good suggestion. Did you have to replace the wifi? Everything else works? Did you have any problems with the installation?

Any other suggestions anyone with Haswell or skylake?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The NUC I have is Haswell, ofc I have to swap another wifi card in

• Like 1

The NUC I have is Haswell, ofc I have to swap another wifi card in

Thanks vusun, i did look for it in amazon and in shops in NL but unfortunately i cannot get any stock. there is stock on the msata only model NUC D54250WYK so i might as well go with that :)

Thanks vusun, i did look for it in amazon and in shops in NL but unfortunately i cannot get any stock. there is stock on the msata only model NUC D54250WYK so i might as well go with that :)

Make sure you buy a big msata SSD, otherwise you have to use external drive