P55 - triple boot on single ssd tips help?

crazyj

3 posts in this topic

Here's my situation ( I posted this elsewhere, then realized there was a multi boot forum)

Gigabyte P55-UD4P

single SSD (actually is a PCI-E Plextor AHCI unit, which is bootable)

Gigabyte Radeon HD4670

I'm hoping to triple boot OS-x (maybe start with Snow Leopard, get El Capitan or Sierra haven't made up my mind), Windows-7 64-bit Pro, and some Ubuntu flavour.

I'm looking for some opinions on the best way to accomplish this.  I've only ever dealt with Grub, but it seems like there's a few different ways to accomplish this triple boot, and I just haven't had the time to delve into all the ins and outs yet.  I think hardware wise I should be ok, but do the later OS-x versions require USB-3, or anything unique?  

If anyone has done this already, or has some pointers / threads to look into, I'd appreciate it.

Easiest method for dual / triple boot is on seperate drives but if you go with 1 drive just make sure you partition your drive with macOS. The operating systems can be installed in which ever order you like but remember the last one with replace the boot loader so you will need to boot from USB back into OSX to reinstall clover.

OS X does not require USB 3.0.

Just did a triple boot on my ultrabook.

It came with Windows 10 pre installed. I made a partition for Linux and another partition for macOS. When making the partition for macOS in Windows you want to format it as EXFAT so the installer will see it to install macOS.

After that just install clover and you should be good other than getting everything in OS X working.