HDMI audio on RX 460 sounds deep like slow motion. Solutions?

immo

13 posts in this topic

I got a new Hack and it's working almost perfect except for HDMI audio. It has an RX 460 (Gigabyte, 4GB), and it works native with acceleration and integrated graphics set as primary with the exception of HDMI Audio. Audio comes out, but it's deep, almost like slow motion. Any ideas?

Anyone have HDMI audio working correctly from an RX 460?

I've tried audio_cloverHDMI-120.command, and it seemed to do nothing. It's supposed to make Clover patches to enable HDMI, and it didn't seem to add anything.

I tried injecting the card (not necessary for graphics acceleration), however no injection is the solution I got to work at all. I could not figure out a proper injection and I'm not sure if it will help anyway.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Immo

• 2 weeks later...
Regards,

since I changed my old 5750 HD for the Sapphire RX 460 4Gb, more than a month ago. I do not get MacOs Sierra to run, just when the image starts it goes off. Black screen. I can not find a solution, only by entering safe mode. It seems that you have got the way for the graph to work correctly, albeit with the mentioned audio problem. Could you please tell me where to find the necessary hack?

Thank you,

• Like 1

Regards,

since I changed my old 5750 HD for the Sapphire RX 460 4Gb, more than a month ago. I do not get MacOs Sierra to run, just when the image starts it goes off. Black screen. I can not find a solution, only by entering safe mode. It seems that you have got the way for the graph to work correctly, albeit with the mentioned audio problem. Could you please tell me where to find the necessary hack?

Thank you,

Set Motherboard bios to IGPU, IGFX as primary display, and allocate 64mb for integrated graphics.

I got a new Hack and it's working almost perfect except for HDMI audio. It has an RX 460 (Gigabyte, 4GB), and it works native with acceleration and integrated graphics set as primary with the exception of HDMI Audio. Audio comes out, but it's deep, almost like slow motion. Any ideas?

Anyone have HDMI audio working correctly from an RX 460?

I've tried audio_cloverHDMI-120.command, and it seemed to do nothing. It's supposed to make Clover patches to enable HDMI, and it didn't seem to add anything.

I tried injecting the card (not necessary for graphics acceleration), however no injection is the solution I got to work at all. I could not figure out a proper injection and I'm not sure if it will help anyway.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Immo

The HDMI audio fix 120 is for the motherboard HDMI port.      Sound out of RX cards is not fixed as of yet.    

The HDMI audio fix 120 is for the motherboard HDMI port. 

cloverHDMI script Intel/AMD/Nvidia HDMI/DP/DVI audio.  Installs ACPI fix (ssdt) for AMD HDMI/DP audio.  Regarding RX 4xx HDMI audio, AMD9500Controller.kext is currently does not make sound.

• Like 1

Hi @toleda. Thanks for the info and the all the work you've done with HDMI audio. So after patching, where does HDMI sound come from? AppleHDA? Or are there other AMD kexts that produce sound?

I found the reason I was getting HDMI sound is because I had the Clover AddHDMI option enabled. I tried disabling it and HDMI audio support was gone. I then tried cloverHDMI and it produced an SSDT patch as you said. This gives me HDMI sound, but it's deep again just like with the Clover AddHDMI option.

Thank you.

Immo

Attach IOReg for AddHDMI and ssdt.

Sorry I'm not clear on what you want me to do. Are you asking me to re-enable AddHDMI, remove your SSDT patch, and send you my complete IOREG? Or a screenshot of a specific portion? Which SSDT table are you looking for?

Thanks

Immo

Are you asking me to re-enable AddHDMI, remove your SSDT patch, and send you my complete IOREG?

1. Make an IOReg with the ssdt installed

2. Yes, remove ssdt, enable AddHDMI,  restart and make another IOReg.

Attach both IORegs.

Attached.

Both IORegs show HDMI audio configured correctly.  You are the first to suggest RX 4xx HDMI audio is working.  All previous reports mentioned no sound. No clue what is causing your audio quality problem.

Regarding the Clover method, was not working for a long time and is now working.

You may want to run benchmarks with each method.  Both methods configure AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext for RX 460, however, the ssdt configures AGPM correctly, i.e., Clover enables max 0x3 power states and the  ssdt enables 0xf power states.

• Like 1

Both IORegs show HDMI audio configured correctly.  You are the first to suggest RX 4xx HDMI audio is working.  All previous reports mentioned no sound. No clue what is causing your audio quality problem.

Regarding the Clover method, was not working for a long time and is now working.

You may want to run benchmarks with each method.  Both methods configure AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext for RX 460, however, the ssdt configures AGPM correctly, i.e., Clover enables max 0x3 power states and the  ssdt enables 0xf power states.

Interesting. I'll do those benchmarks at some point and report the results. Thank you for looking into it for me.

Immo

I did the requested benchmarks.

I used Cinebench R15 OpenGL test to benchmark with. I know it's kinda old but it's what I have. I might try something newer later.

SSDT Patch: 114.08fps

Clover Patch: 114.23fps

The same.

@toleda I'll stick with the SSDT patch from your audio_cloverHDMI-120.command as more power states are better IMO.

Thanks again.

Immo

• 10 months later...