FaceTime/iTunes/iCloud work great. iMessage always "offline"

shlap

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I've read all over these forums that iMessage is really a pain to get working but my issue doesn't seem to be the same as most.

I'm able to sign in with no errors, and Preferences shows that I'm logged in, however if I right-click on iMessage it shows my status as Offline and nothing changes when I select "Available".

FaceTime/iTunes/AppStore/iCloud all work great.

Also I can Send messages successfully to some contacts but after sending a few messages eventually iMessage will tell me iMessage not available for this contact even though past ones have went through and I know for certain the messages are going to iPhones.

I'm running Clover with Yosemite and have an IvyBridge i3.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Got it figured out and it was a really simple fix. I set this all up for my daughter and she has an iPad and iPhone. I had already tried disabling and reenabling iMessage on the iPad but up until now hadn't disabled and reenabled on her iPhone since she always had that with her. Once I disabled iMessage on the iPhone, the hackintosh started getting iMessages. I then reenabled it on the iPhone and the hackintosh still gets messages. Whoo hoo!