I basically wrote down everything i did the last few days to get Sierra working on my Surface Pro.
To safe you guys the hassle i've been trough i wrote this "little" guide.. Hope you enjoy it.
Access to a real Mac or Hackintosh needed for the next 5 steps!
1. Download those 3 Files:
2. Prepare the USB Stick using Disk Utility in OS X, format the Stick to HFS and name it „SierraStick“ (necessary for the next step).
screenshot2016-12-08awba1k.png 47.69KB 73 downloads
3. Apply the Installer to the Stick using this Command:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/SierraStick/ --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/ --nointeraction
4. Install Clover, Choose the SierraStick as location, click on Customize and tick exactly what is shown below (there’s no need for themes, as there’s one in my EFI folder).
- Make sure Clover Created the EFI Partiton!
5. Copy My EFI folder you downloaded from the Link above straight to the Root of the EFI Drive (replace/merge the files/folder if needed).
Now insert the clover’d SierraStick into the Surface!
6. Make sure the Surface is turned off, press the Volume down and the Power button - keep the Volume down one pressed.
7. Once booted to Clover start the Setup by simply pressing enter.
8. Once the Setup ran trough the Surface reboots, make sure you booted clover again (like 2 steps before) - choose the Drive you installed OS X to and press enter.
9. Setup continues…
10. Reboot once again, boot into the OS X partition and make sure everything works as it should.
If everything worked like it should you should now have a fully working Sierra installation now, congrats.
Place Clover to the Mac EFI:
"If it runs on your stick its runs on your disc" - caleidosCope
1. Download Clover Configurator and mount the EFI Partition of the Setup Stick.
bildschirmfoto2016-12olz8j.png 269.71KB 31 downloads
2. Copy the EFI folder to your desktop.
3. Reboot OS X (that’s just to be sure you’re not messing the EFI partitions, if you’re careful enough you can skip that).
4. Remove the Stick once OS X booted and run the Configurator again, this time mount the Mac EFI.
5. Copy the EFI folder from the desktop to the Mac EFI partition (replace/merge the files/folder if needed).
6. Reboot to make sure it boots clover.
The journey just began.. No, really.. We’re not fully done yet!
Whats up next?
As you may or may not noticed there seem to be some things not working:
- Appstore (partially works, installing doesn’t while updates do)
Just follow the following steps to get the above things working:
1. Run the Kext Drop you downloaded in my EFI package at the first post and „kextdrop“ the 3 files included right next to it. (NullEthernet.kext, AvastarFwLoader.kext & AppleHDA.kext)
2. Run Clover Configurator you downloaded before, mount your EFI as described above and open the EFI partition
bildschirmfoto2016-129zldm.png 68.81KB 22 downloads
3. Navigate to EFI/Clover/ and open the „config.plist“ by double clicking it - Clover Configurator should now pop up.
4. Within the Configurator navigate to SMBIOS on the lift side and click on the magic wand button on the right side.
bildschirmfoto2016-12oelhy.png 3.9KB 24 downloads
5. Now choose the MacBook Air (no matter which one, its up to you), and press „ok“ in the next appearing window. Save the changes with cmd+s and reboot the system.
bildschirmfoto2016-12dba4y.png 13.21KB 23 downloads
Congratulations, now everything stated above should work, Appstore will allow you to download apps, sound will play and the microphone should work now too. Its up to you now, be wise with what you do next!
Last but to least, special thanks to:
caleidosCope (danke für deine „nerven“ )
ClaudesTech (initial inspiration to write this guide)
JahStories (some files here and there)
Whoelse I might missed (please PM me)