• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jnthnleonardo

jnthnleonardo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi! Yesterday I downloaded Sierra and El Capitan retail and put it to my usb using #####. (I have tried transmac also, same result). I booted to my clover but unable to reach the installer. But when I use distro (niresh yosemite) I can install it. But yosemite was laggy so I want to try another.

Boot flags I have tried:
GraphicsEnabler=no
GraphicsEnabler=yes
cpus=1
/amd64
-x
-F
npci=0x2000 and 0x3000

My specs
AMD Radeon 8180 HD Graphics @1GHz, 2GB RAM.
The usb i used partitioned with GUID partition table. I tried on another laptop (amd and intel) and had the same result

My verbose mode said in picture attached. After showing that it just shut down and booted again into clover.
Sorry I haven't attached the photo

Attached Files

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts

If your computer has an AMD CPU, you need to replace the vanilla kernel by the appropriate AMD kernel version. I highly recommend Bronya's kernels.

What are the system's specs? You only specified the GPU...

jnthnleonardo

jnthnleonardo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

If your computer has an AMD CPU, you need to replace the vanilla kernel by the appropriate AMD kernel version. I highly recommend Bronya's kernels.

What are the system's specs? You only specified the GPU...

I'll give it a try. Thank you for your answer. But I had the exact same result in intel laptop I tried. Is it still because of the vanilla kernel?

My other specs
AMD A4 1200au 1.0GHz - 1MB Cache
2GB DDR3 RAM
320GB SATA HDD

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts

You're probably not building your USB installer the proper way. No support for the tools here for the tools you chose to use so I can only suggest you switch to manual USB installer creation and a bootloader such as Enoch or Clover.

Can't help you on the AMD front as I've no such hardware hence no experience on such platforms with El Capitan and/or Sierra. But vanilla kernel = no go. You must use an AMD kerbnel. Look it up in the relevant AMD section and threads.

For Intel, again, can't answer unless you list your specs. Depending on your platform family, you may require AICPUPM patch or kernel patch to handle CPU power management and avoid KP/reboot.

Post your full computers specs (CPU, chipset, RAM, Graphics, LAN, wifi, bluetooth, SD card reader, audio exact models, ideally with PCI ids) and a copy of the bootpacks you've used (kexts, bootloader config files, etc.).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sierra, Install, El capitan, Fail, Retail, Amd, Netbook, Hp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy