• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

blankmac

blankmac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hello and first and foremost thank you for this project and guide! I noticed that pen pressure was mentioned as not functioning, is this still an issue? I downloaded Sierra and got my usb ready and stopped because of this issue, any work around for this?

Unfortunately it still is an issue.  If you need pressure sensitivity it's best to stick with El Cap.  Turns out it has been a problem almost all of the Wacom tablets as well even with official drivers. 

Kree562

Kree562

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Unfortunately it still is an issue.  If you need pressure sensitivity it's best to stick with El Cap.  Turns out it has been a problem almost all of the Wacom tablets as well even with official drivers. 

Uhggg.... LOL Ive been scouring the pits of the internet for some legal version of El Capitan to no avail. I happened to skip the 10.11 update so its not in my purchase list and the few that I did find on eBay or whatever site are .dmg and won't run the installer, not to mention they make me nervous with the fact that are they even a legitimate copy... Thank you for the reply and Im off to see what solution I can find for El Capitan. Oh does Siri work in Sierra? Any way to add Siri to El Capitan?

Kree562

Kree562

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

so I was able to obtain a copy of El Capitan and starting the install now... 

Kree562

Kree562

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

not understanding this part....

• If your EFI partition was too small to be used
    • Select your drive and erase / partition it however you would like but ensure:
      • GUID is selected
      • Use only OSX partition types (even for what will be your windows installation)  If you use exfat or fat anywhere, it will create a hybrid disk and Windows 10 will NOT install later (forcing you to start over

....question is, am I choosing from "External" or "Disk Images"? I do not see the internal drive in disk utility?

blankmac

blankmac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

not understanding this part....

• If your EFI partition was too small to be used
  • Select your drive and erase / partition it however you would like but ensure:
  • GUID is selected
  • Use only OSX partition types (even for what will be your windows installation) If you use exfat or fat anywhere, it will create a hybrid disk and Windows 10 will NOT install later (forcing you to start over
[/list]

....question is, am I choosing from "External" or "Disk Images"? I do not see the internal drive in disk utility?
The internal is not visible for one of two reasons, either you haven't installed the SATA 100-series unsupported kext, or you have an NVMe drive. You'll need to patch for an NVMe drive and unfortunately I have no experience with it. A little searching on the "other" forum in the laptop section will fix you up either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kree562

Kree562

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

The internal is not visible for one of two reasons, either you haven't installed the SATA 100-series unsupported kext, or you have an NVMe drive. You'll need to patch for an NVMe drive and unfortunately I have no experience with it. A little searching on the "other" forum in the laptop section will fix you up either way.

samsung MZNLN256HCHP-000H1 this is the drive that I have and all the searching that I have done does not say anything about NVMe at least in plain language.I am guessing that I am not installing my kext and acpi patches correctly so Ill search those first... complete noob in this arena here lol! thank you for the reply

blankmac

blankmac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

samsung MZNLN256HCHP-000H1 this is the drive that I have and all the searching that I have done does not say anything about NVMe at least in plain language.I am guessing that I am not installing my kext and acpi patches correctly so Ill search those first... complete noob in this arena here lol! thank you for the reply

Ok, then you need the SATA unsupported kext. I would link it but it's on the other forum and they are touchy about it here.

Kree562

Kree562

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Ok, then you need the SATA unsupported kext. I would link it but it's on the other forum and they are touchy about it here.

I found a SATA RAID kext... sata unsupported keeps coming up with the sata 100 unsupported kext... I also started to read something about apple supporting sata and that no kext was necessary but thought that might be heading me in the wrong direction.

blankmac

blankmac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I found a SATA RAID kext... sata unsupported keeps coming up with the sata 100 unsupported kext... I also started to read something about apple supporting sata and that no kext was necessary but thought that might be heading me in the wrong direction.

Sata 100 unsupported is what you need.  Make sure to add it to your clover/kexts/other folder on your installer.  I'm attaching a copy.  All it does is inject a compatible sata device id.  Your internal drive should be visible after you add it.

Also, here's a copy of the latest VoodooI2C version.  It contains some slight gesture recognition improvements as well as some right click logic improvements.

Attached Files

Balut

Balut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Hi blankmac, I posted problems with shutdown on Sierra in the "other" forum, but see that you are active in this one, so was hoping you could answer some questions. I am trying to get Sierra mostly working, but am having trouble with restart on shutdown.  I have attached my problem reporting files.  Also, I see you have several entries in your device section in your config.plist, but I did not include them in mine as my display seems to be working fine without.  Also, I am using VoodooPS2 for now as I like having the function keys all working as they are supposed to.  The restart thing is my biggest problem right now.  Hope you can help.  Thanks.

Attached Files

Kree562

Kree562

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Sata 100 unsupported is what you need.  Make sure to add it to your clover/kexts/other folder on your installer.  I'm attaching a copy.  All it does is inject a compatible sata device id.  Your internal drive should be visible after you add it.

Also, here's a copy of the latest VoodooI2C version.  It contains some slight gesture recognition improvements as well as some right click logic improvements.

Ok thank you i will give it a try and report back

Kree562

Kree562

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

uhg... so tried the kext and still no drive. Im gonna read some and try try try again! I know its gotta be something simple that Im just not seeing. Can one kext cancel out another?

bayard

bayard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

@Kree562

Maybe you drive is locked in BIOS by DriveLock, it happened to me. In this case it is not seen during OSX install. I managed to remove the lock by updating the bios,

Kree562

Kree562

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

@Kree562

Maybe you drive is locked in BIOS by DriveLock, it happened to me. In this case it is not seen during OSX install. I managed to remove the lock by updating the bios,

when I hold the volume down button and I check drivelock it is locked.. it says to power cycle and press f10 at the boot prompt then it is off when I check at least I think it is? how can I for sure turn this feature off with an update as I am already at the 1.19 bios?

bayard

bayard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

@Kree562

I tried to unlock the drive following the process you describe, it didn't worked for me, in fact the drive is still locked at the next reboot. The only thing that worked for me was to update to the last bios 1.22 to release the lock. Do not try to go back to Bios 1.19 after releasing the lock with bios 1.22, the drive will be locked again.

blankmac

blankmac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Sorry guys, I don't have much time to help at the moment. There probably won't be any issue using a newer bios other than that the volume keys may need some adjustment to function properly. When I get back from my trip I'll look into rewriting the guide for he latest bios.

Kree562

Kree562

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

So Ive been reading up on this through the night and seems that buying a new hdd is the easiest especially if already considering that upgrade. I do get a prompt that says the ssd is not locked but figure that is not the case when it reboots to clover as the disk is not visible... I do understand it all a bit more but it is still frustrating that these control measures are in place... samsung i am not a child lol! 

I did downgrade from 1.20 to 1.19 so inadvertently it is probably my fault. If I find a for sure way to unlock I will definitely post otherwise Ill wait for a new hdd or guide. Thanks for all the help everyone especially blankmac and enjoy your trip!

Baschdl

Baschdl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Anyone tried the High Sierra beta on the X2 yet?

modzilla

modzilla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

And what about THB3? Is it now working in Sierra? I really do need them for DisplayOutput!

Also that hotswap propably won't is pretty much negligible...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy