HP Elite X2 1012

blankmac

81 posts in this topic

Sorry guys, I don't have much time to help at the moment. There probably won't be any issue using a newer bios other than that the volume keys may need some adjustment to function properly. When I get back from my trip I'll look into rewriting the guide for he latest bios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Ive been reading up on this through the night and seems that buying a new hdd is the easiest especially if already considering that upgrade. I do get a prompt that says the ssd is not locked but figure that is not the case when it reboots to clover as the disk is not visible... I do understand it all a bit more but it is still frustrating that these control measures are in place... samsung i am not a child lol! 

I did downgrade from 1.20 to 1.19 so inadvertently it is probably my fault. If I find a for sure way to unlock I will definitely post otherwise Ill wait for a new hdd or guide. Thanks for all the help everyone especially blankmac and enjoy your trip!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi ,  Just got hold of a newer version, BIOS is at 1.33 with a m5-6Y54 cpu system board 80FC.

Dual booting win 10 and Installed El Capitan ( with minor issues)

1. My wifi card has 3 cables ( intel 18260NGW ) what can I replace that with?

2. Touch screen does not work yet, is there a newer version of the Kext

Great work, Thanks

MadMac

hp elite x2 1012 g1

m5-6y54 CPU @ 1.10

8GB ram

256GB SSD

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2018 at 10:36 PM, madmac007 said:

Hi ,  Just got hold of a newer version, BIOS is at 1.33 with a m5-6Y54 cpu system board 80FC.

Dual booting win 10 and Installed El Capitan ( with minor issues)

1. My wifi card has 3 cables ( intel 18260NGW ) what can I replace that with?

2. Touch screen does not work yet, is there a newer version of the Kext

Great work, Thanks

MadMac

hp elite x2 1012 g1

m5-6y54 CPU @ 1.10

8GB ram

256GB SSD

Hi madmac007, tell me what is your experience with this last BIOS version 1.33? is there any issue with it, comparing with older one? I am still on v1.19, and afraid to get in possible troubles with newer one.

also, 1 question for all regarding touch screen - I have single-touch with starting kext, but no multi-touch with last proposed kext. what can be a problem? I just installed all kexts and things (no manually patching) following instructions, and all the things work correct except MT, and no detected external mic and headphones.

any idea/advice?