HP Elite X2 1012

blankmac

81 posts in this topic

Hi blankmac,

I'm still happy with my El Capitan built.

Saw your posting on the 'other' forum.

What's your main OS in the meantime?

Is it worth switching to Sierra now while keeping touch?

Thanks, have a sunny day ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi blankmac,

I'm still happy with my El Capitan built.

Saw your posting on the 'other' forum.

What's your main OS in the meantime?

Is it worth switching to Sierra now while keeping touch?

Thanks, have a sunny day ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm on Sierra (10.12.5). The two main issues are still that the double clicking on the touchscreen is sketchy and pressure sensitivity with the pen is not functioning. Otherwise, it works fine. I guess it just depends on if those issues bother you or not. I haven't had the time to investigate the HID manager changes between 10.11 and 10.12 unfortunately so I can't say if the issues will be resolved any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not able to look at your file for the moment but SSDT 16 has to do with the volume buttons etc. There were some changes between BIOS versions. Are you on 1.19?

No problem, I did the manual patch of my SSDT-16.dsl based on your guide and that compiled fine. You're right I'm on different BIOS version - N85 Ver. 01.20 04/05/2017. Great work, thanks!!!

No problem, I did the manual patch of my SSDT-16.dsl based on your guide and that compiled fine. You're right I'm on different BIOS version - N85 Ver. 01.20 04/05/2017. Great work, thanks!!!

Cool. Glad it's working for you. I haven't posted a new kext for the touchscreen in quite a while to this thread so if you want the latest changes, build from this branch here - https://github.com/blankmac/VoodooI2C/tree/BuiltInGestures?files=1

Cool. Glad it's working for you. I haven't posted a new kext for the touchscreen in quite a while to this thread so if you want the latest changes, build from this branch here - https://github.com/blankmac/VoodooI2C/tree/BuiltInGestures?files=1

Well, please don't spend anymore time on the files I uploaded. I know you're pretty busy. I decided to roll back my BIOS to 01.19 and all my ACPI files worked as documented in the guide. It was definitely the BIOS version that caused MaciASL errors in SSDT-16.dsl. Thanks for the hint! Now, I'm also trying macOS Sierra 10.12.5 and will report "anything-out-of-the-ordinary".

macOS Sierra 10.12.5 installation went fine - no issues (just replicated 10.11 kexts into 10.12 in Clover). However, although the AppleHDA from this thread worked on El Capitan, somehow it's not loading in Sierra. Thus, my system has no audio device. Are you guys using a different version of AppleHDA.kext? Thanks...

macOS Sierra 10.12.5 installation went fine - no issues (just replicated 10.11 kexts into 10.12 in Clover). However, although the AppleHDA from this thread worked on El Capitan, somehow it's not loading in Sierra. Thus, my system has no audio device. Are you guys using a different version of AppleHDA.kext? Thanks...

Duh, my rustiness really shows - I remember now that with AppleHDA and with every update to the OS, the usual patching after patching occurs. Maybe, I'll just try VoodooHDA for now and see if I can live with it and see if ti even works on our gear.

Try this from another forum:

AppleHDA (patch your stock AppleHDA with AppleHDAPatcher) or build/use AppleALC

Thanks, I'll try that as well. I do have VoodooHDA -2.8.8 working now, very straightforward installation.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and first and foremost thank you for this project and guide! I noticed that pen pressure was mentioned as not functioning, is this still an issue? I downloaded Sierra and got my usb ready and stopped because of this issue, any work around for this?

Hello and first and foremost thank you for this project and guide! I noticed that pen pressure was mentioned as not functioning, is this still an issue? I downloaded Sierra and got my usb ready and stopped because of this issue, any work around for this?

Unfortunately it still is an issue.  If you need pressure sensitivity it's best to stick with El Cap.  Turns out it has been a problem almost all of the Wacom tablets as well even with official drivers. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately it still is an issue.  If you need pressure sensitivity it's best to stick with El Cap.  Turns out it has been a problem almost all of the Wacom tablets as well even with official drivers. 

Uhggg.... LOL Ive been scouring the pits of the internet for some legal version of El Capitan to no avail. I happened to skip the 10.11 update so its not in my purchase list and the few that I did find on eBay or whatever site are .dmg and won't run the installer, not to mention they make me nervous with the fact that are they even a legitimate copy... Thank you for the reply and Im off to see what solution I can find for El Capitan. Oh does Siri work in Sierra? Any way to add Siri to El Capitan?

not understanding this part....

• If your EFI partition was too small to be used
    • Select your drive and erase / partition it however you would like but ensure:
      • GUID is selected
      • Use only OSX partition types (even for what will be your windows installation)  If you use exfat or fat anywhere, it will create a hybrid disk and Windows 10 will NOT install later (forcing you to start over

....question is, am I choosing from "External" or "Disk Images"? I do not see the internal drive in disk utility?

not understanding this part....

• If your EFI partition was too small to be used
  • Select your drive and erase / partition it however you would like but ensure:
  • GUID is selected
  • Use only OSX partition types (even for what will be your windows installation) If you use exfat or fat anywhere, it will create a hybrid disk and Windows 10 will NOT install later (forcing you to start over

....question is, am I choosing from "External" or "Disk Images"? I do not see the internal drive in disk utility?

The internal is not visible for one of two reasons, either you haven't installed the SATA 100-series unsupported kext, or you have an NVMe drive. You'll need to patch for an NVMe drive and unfortunately I have no experience with it. A little searching on the "other" forum in the laptop section will fix you up either way.

• Like 1

The internal is not visible for one of two reasons, either you haven't installed the SATA 100-series unsupported kext, or you have an NVMe drive. You'll need to patch for an NVMe drive and unfortunately I have no experience with it. A little searching on the "other" forum in the laptop section will fix you up either way.

samsung MZNLN256HCHP-000H1 this is the drive that I have and all the searching that I have done does not say anything about NVMe at least in plain language.I am guessing that I am not installing my kext and acpi patches correctly so Ill search those first... complete noob in this arena here lol! thank you for the reply

samsung MZNLN256HCHP-000H1 this is the drive that I have and all the searching that I have done does not say anything about NVMe at least in plain language.I am guessing that I am not installing my kext and acpi patches correctly so Ill search those first... complete noob in this arena here lol! thank you for the reply

Ok, then you need the SATA unsupported kext. I would link it but it's on the other forum and they are touchy about it here.

• Like 1

Ok, then you need the SATA unsupported kext. I would link it but it's on the other forum and they are touchy about it here.

I found a SATA RAID kext... sata unsupported keeps coming up with the sata 100 unsupported kext... I also started to read something about apple supporting sata and that no kext was necessary but thought that might be heading me in the wrong direction.

I found a SATA RAID kext... sata unsupported keeps coming up with the sata 100 unsupported kext... I also started to read something about apple supporting sata and that no kext was necessary but thought that might be heading me in the wrong direction.

Sata 100 unsupported is what you need.  Make sure to add it to your clover/kexts/other folder on your installer.  I'm attaching a copy.  All it does is inject a compatible sata device id.  Your internal drive should be visible after you add it.

Also, here's a copy of the latest VoodooI2C version.  It contains some slight gesture recognition improvements as well as some right click logic improvements.

SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.zip

VoodooI2C.kext.zip

• Like 1

Hi blankmac, I posted problems with shutdown on Sierra in the "other" forum, but see that you are active in this one, so was hoping you could answer some questions. I am trying to get Sierra mostly working, but am having trouble with restart on shutdown.  I have attached my problem reporting files.  Also, I see you have several entries in your device section in your config.plist, but I did not include them in mine as my display seems to be working fine without.  Also, I am using VoodooPS2 for now as I like having the function keys all working as they are supposed to.  The restart thing is my biggest problem right now.  Hope you can help.  Thanks.

Gavin-Problem Reporting.zip

Sata 100 unsupported is what you need.  Make sure to add it to your clover/kexts/other folder on your installer.  I'm attaching a copy.  All it does is inject a compatible sata device id.  Your internal drive should be visible after you add it.

Also, here's a copy of the latest VoodooI2C version.  It contains some slight gesture recognition improvements as well as some right click logic improvements.

Ok thank you i will give it a try and report back

uhg... so tried the kext and still no drive. Im gonna read some and try try try again! I know its gotta be something simple that Im just not seeing. Can one kext cancel out another?

@Kree562

Maybe you drive is locked in BIOS by DriveLock, it happened to me. In this case it is not seen during OSX install. I managed to remove the lock by updating the bios,

when I hold the volume down button and I check drivelock it is locked.. it says to power cycle and press f10 at the boot prompt then it is off when I check at least I think it is? how can I for sure turn this feature off with an update as I am already at the 1.19 bios?

@Kree562

I tried to unlock the drive following the process you describe, it didn't worked for me, in fact the drive is still locked at the next reboot. The only thing that worked for me was to update to the last bios 1.22 to release the lock. Do not try to go back to Bios 1.19 after releasing the lock with bios 1.22, the drive will be locked again.