HP Elite X2 1012

blankmac

81 posts in this topic

Doubtful. My model doesn't have the fingerprint scanner so I haven't looked into it at all. Glad you have it working tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you suggest for test the fingerprint? know the micro sd reader model? for test I've installed Mac OS but I forgot to write the peripheral models

Have you suggest for test the fingerprint? know the micro sd reader model? for test I've installed Mac OS but I forgot to write the peripheral models

You would most likely have to write a driver for the fingerprint scanner.  I don't recall the sd card model, but I tried a few hacks to get it working without success.  Neither of these are a priority for me, but if you figure something out feel free to add the information.

You Tested Sierra? what does not work with Sierra?

Note: The battery is 5000mah but reads 5400mAh why?

Small things like the brightness keys on the keyboard do not work on Sierra.  Additionally, there must have been some changes in the HID drivers because when double-clicking via the touchscreen, it doesn't always work very well for some unknown reason.  El Capitan works perfectly for me so it's good enough.

I'll have to double check my battery, but I don't recall having that issue.

You would most likely have to write a driver for the fingerprint scanner.  I don't recall the sd card model, but I tried a few hacks to get it working without success.  Neither of these are a priority for me, but if you figure something out feel free to add the information.

Small things like the brightness keys on the keyboard do not work on Sierra.  Additionally, there must have been some changes in the HID drivers because when double-clicking via the touchscreen, it doesn't always work very well for some unknown reason.  El Capitan works perfectly for me so it's good enough.

If you have dual boot with windows can you write here a sd reader model? because I've only mac on tablet, thanks

just drop the kext to /efi/cover/kexts/other. it will work like in windows 10

but on link I found only the readme file... not kext...

But with Sierra USB-C work? or not?

I've a question, random touch and mousepad freeze...mouse not work :( It's normal? 

I don't have any issue like that.  It's probably something in your installation.  

but on link I found only the readme file... not kext...

But with Sierra USB-C work? or not?

I haven't tested the USB-C on Sierra so I don't know.

I've update "Security Update 2016 003" and now not work touch and audio...

This is hackintosh 101. The Apple I2C kexts were reinstalled by the update so you'll need to delete them again. Also, your AppleHDA kext was returned to stock so you'll need to reinstalled the patched one.

• 1 month later...

@ALL Turns out the MSR 0xE2 lock bit is set on the Elite and that is why you get a kernel panic when using a power management SSDT. I should have recognized the problem earlier and just happened to see a post with a similar problem while trolling the forum yesterday. Anyway, add pike r alpha's xcpm_idle kernel patch in clover and X86platformplugin and shim will load. I'll update the guide and posted config plist when I get a chance. I just started using it myself so at this point I don't know if there's any benefit to be had in terms of battery life / performance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@ALL Turns out the MSR 0xE2 lock bit is set on the Elite and that is why you get a kernel panic when using a power management SSDT. I should have recognized the problem earlier and just happened to see a post with a similar problem while trolling the forum yesterday. Anyway, add pike r alpha's xcpm_idle kernel patch in clover and X86platformplugin and shim will load. I'll update the guide and posted config plist when I get a chance. I just started using it myself so at this point I don't know if there's any benefit to be had in terms of battery life / performance.

g'day blankmac,

what is your experience with the new power management SSDT ?

Do you have made any progress besides of your guide so far: video through usb-c? maybe tb3 connectivity?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Does VoodooI2C.kext work on Samsung Activ Smart PC Pro (XE700T1C)?

No it doesnt as we have no need for it on our device. Touch and other devices are connected through usb interface. (Sorry guys for the offtopic)

g'day blankmac,

what is your experience with the new power management SSDT ?

Do you have made any progress besides of your guide so far: video through usb-c? maybe tb3 connectivity?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I don't really notice a difference TBH. No other progress to report. I don't have any need for external video, etc so I haven't tried. It may work for all I know.

• 1 month later...

Terrific guide!!! I only had but one hiccup (zip file attached), a MaciASL compile error of my SSDT-16.dsl. Guess, I'm currently a resurrected hackintosh enthusiast once again by virtue of my current hardware. Haven't touched my wifi card yet but I'm wondering if there are other alternatives to a Dell DW1560. Thanks a bunch, especially to blankmac for all the hard work.

SSDT-16-error.zip

Terrific guide!!! I only had but one hiccup (zip file attached), a MaciASL compile error of my SSDT-16.dsl. Guess, I'm currently a resurrected hackintosh enthusiast once again by virtue of my current hardware. Haven't touched my wifi card yet but I'm wondering if there are other alternatives to a Dell DW1560. Thanks a bunch, especially to blankmac for all the hard work.

I'm not able to look at your file for the moment but SSDT 16 has to do with the volume buttons etc. There were some changes between BIOS versions. Are you on 1.19?