Best choice SMBIOS

hackintosh1984

2 posts in this topic

Do you follow the hardest to choose the best suited SMBIOS? 

It seems to me the most, follow the motherboard - chipset (northbridge, southbridge) and processor used.

My pc:

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP41-UD3L (chipsets: Intel G41 and ICH7)

CPU Intel Xeon E5410. This CPU from connector 771 inserted in the socket 775, but it works ok because the motherboard chipset to support it, after a small modification of BIOS and CPU socket.
GeForce 9400GT

Processors Xeon line E54xx were used in the Mac Pro 3.1 (Early 2008).

Sierra is supported since 2009 iMac (iMac 10.1) and Mac mini (since 2010). But these computers do not have the support Xeon processors

Most SMBIOS suits me just Mac Pro 3.1 does not support the Sierra, but it is not a problem - I can edit file /System/Library/Core Services/PlatformSupport.plist in Sierra (add Mac Pro 3.1), and so has a built-in "drivers" to  my configuration PC.

-----------
How is it identified hackintosh you can check here www, after write serial: http://www.appleserialnumberinfo.com/Desktop/index.php

• 4 weeks later...

Do you follow the hardest to choose the best suited SMBIOS? 

It seems to me the most, follow the motherboard - chipset (northbridge, southbridge) and processor used.

My pc:

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP41-UD3L (chipsets: Intel G41 and ICH7)

CPU Intel Xeon E5410. This CPU from connector 771 inserted in the socket 775, but it works ok because the motherboard chipset to support it, after a small modification of BIOS and CPU socket.
GeForce 9400GT

Processors Xeon line E54xx were used in the Mac Pro 3.1 (Early 2008).

Sierra is supported since 2009 iMac (iMac 10.1) and Mac mini (since 2010). But these computers do not have the support Xeon processors

Most SMBIOS suits me just Mac Pro 3.1 does not support the Sierra, but it is not a problem - I can edit file /System/Library/Core Services/PlatformSupport.plist in Sierra (add Mac Pro 3.1), and so has a built-in "drivers" to  my configuration PC.

-----------
How is it identified hackintosh you can check here www, after write serial: http://www.appleserialnumberinfo.com/Desktop/index.php

I have a Gigabyte socket 775 that works just fine.  But you have to change the profile (I use a brand new iMac) and bop opt under that to get things sorted.  To be fair I did buy a Xeon processor for this thing.  After install i Changed everything back to a MacPro3,1 BUT you have to change the PlatformSupport.plist to an older version that supports that model.