gtX 960 4GB with Clover and macOS 10.12.1

Torpor

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I had a perfectly running system using a GTX 560 Ti on macOS Sierra 10.12.1 using Clover bootloader from a usb thumb drive with no additional settings, drivers or kernel extensions.

(thumb drive because I wanted to separate clean macOS install from bootloader)

After I replaced the old graphics card with a GTX 960 macOS started with a resolution of 1280 x 1024 and very slow UI animations.

Knowing that the 960 Ti isn't supported my macOS I installed the NVIDIA Web Driver.

(tried both ...f01 and ...f03 build)

I selected NVIDIA Web driver in the NVIDIA Driver Manager preference pane. After restart OS X the Default Graphics Driver is selected again in the pref pane and the resolution is still poor.

System Information says that my graphics card is 'Display 5 MB'.

What can I do to make the graphics card identified correctly and the  NVIDIA Web Driver driver working.

Best

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what board you're using, but it sounds like it doesn't support nvram. There are work arounds for that, but your simplest solution is likely to set nvda_drv=1 in Clover's boot arguments. Use the Clover Configurator app, it's the easiest way to do that.

There's also a new setting under Clover's System Parameters NvidiaWeb that you may have to select also. I've read some feedback that some people need to enable both settings.