Technisat Skystar II PCI

McSkywalker

21 posts in this topic

Ok, to be more specific, I got this far:

post-58609-1162436641_thumb.png

This is the place for it:

http://www.defyne.org/dvb/iTele.html

Also, don't forget to visit the drivers section there.

Well, still no go. I looked at the console, oddly enough, it gave me the feeling that the installer script actually installs the needed driver and then removes it, assuming it's an obsolete driver. I'm left with some philips and other tuner kexts at the end. It also disables my onboard ethernet card. I tried tweaking the installer not to remove those kexts but still no success. I'm still optimistic, though.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

me too. it looks like to me that this driver has been developed for Intel-Based mac and not working on hackintoshes. but the problem is that some original mac has problem with this driver. mentioning this driver developed some years ago and there has been no update or news from it;s developer, i wonder why no one have never given any try on this one. Once I asked ProgDVB developer to make a driver and application for Mac. He accepted and asked for Directshow and Directdraw SDKs for mac. seems to me had no idea what mac os is :) . but why other people has no interest in this one? :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

looks like John is missing in action :) so no skystar2 since 10.5 came out.

i have bought TeVii s650 and it's working without any problems under VMWare Fusion/Win XP. Parallels can't be used because of slow USB 2.0.

Few days ago i have made it streaming any channel i want to iPhone and i can switch channels through iPhone

• 5 months later...