Black screen on Sierra 10.12.1 with Intel HD 530

slvrbllt

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've been able to install Sierra 10.12.1 on my desktop PC having the following specs:

- Intel® Core i5-6400T CPU @ 2.20GHz

- Intel® HD Graphics 530

- Intel® Skylake chipset

- 8 GB Ram

I was able to boot without any video acceleration by removing any graphics injection. But when I enable inject 0x1912000 and apply the patch to the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer to avoid assertion KP, the system seems to boot but the screen goes black before completing.

I have also installed FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kext from RehabMan's github.

Would you please help me in figuring out what is wrong with my system.
I'm attaching my config.plist. Please let me know if and which files do you need, and I will upload them.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Silver.

config.zip

Hi all,

I've been able to install Sierra 10.12.1 on my desktop PC having the following specs:

- Intel® Core i5-6400T CPU @ 2.20GHz

- Intel® HD Graphics 530

- Intel® Skylake chipset

- 8 GB Ram

I was able to boot without any video acceleration by removing any graphics injection. But when I enable inject 0x1912000 and apply the patch to the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer to avoid assertion KP, the system seems to boot but the screen goes black before completing.

I have also installed FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kext from RehabMan's github.

Would you please help me in figuring out what is wrong with my system.

I'm attaching my config.plist. Please let me know if and which files do you need, and I will upload them.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Silver.

Are you using your motherboard's DVI port? If so, please use HDMI and report back.

DVI could be the problem although it worked oob with my ga z170. I'm currently on mobile but took a peak at your config.plist. You should replace all gfx0 to igpu, too. If you use ssdt's make sure that you rename all gfx0 entries there, too or change the drop oem. Also, you don't need to specify an ssdt order anymore, just drop them in your /acpi/patched/ and I'd recommend to name them something more intuitive like ssdt-cpu etc.

edit: 

<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>change GFX0 to IGPU</string>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					SUdQVQ==
					</data>
				</dict>

plus manually replace them in every ssdt that has entries. Should be one or two of them. 

Are you using your motherboard's DVI port? If so, please use HDMI and report back.

I don't know actually since it is an All-in-one.

Is there any way to figure out how many ports are implemented and which one the display is using?

DVI could be the problem although it worked oob with my ga z170. I'm currently on mobile but took a peak at your config.plist. You should replace all gfx0 to igfx, too. If you use ssdt's make sure that you rename all gfx0 entries there, too or change the drop oem. Also, you don't need to specify an ssdt order anymore, just drop them in your /acpi/patched/ and I'd recommend to name them something more intuitive like ssdt-cpu etc.

edit: 

<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>change GFX0 to IGPU</string>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					R0ZYMA==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					SUdQVQ==
					</data>
				</dict>

plus manually replace them in every ssdt that has entries. Should be one or two of them. 

Ok. I'm travelling now... I guess I will have a chance to do some tests next monday morning.

Thanks xtraa and denicio for your prompt answers. Very much appreciated. :-)

Ok. My All-In-One has a HDMI port. I connected another monitor to that port and while the embedded screen one goes black, the secondary works perfectly.

Is there any way as to make the embedded screen stay on?

Thanks a lot.

Silver.

Ok. My All-In-One has a HDMI port. I connected another monitor to that port and while the embedded screen one goes black, the secondary works perfectly.

Is there any way as to make the embedded screen stay on?

Thanks a lot.

Silver.

Maybe you could try this patch by Toleda (kudos!)

<dict>                 
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    AQMDAw==
    </data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    AQMEAw==
    </data>
</dict>

I would also like to know if this work for all ports available :)

Maybe you could try this patch by Toleda (kudos!)

<dict>                 
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    AQMDAw==
    </data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    AQMEAw==
    </data>
</dict>

I would also like to know if this work for all ports available :)

I tried that patch before. Gave it another try. Still black screen.

Any clue?