Want 10.4.8? Think you 'have' 10.4.8? It's out!

cmoski

233 posts in this topic

i still confuse...

so origin JaS 10.4.8 iso was corrupt by the RatioMaster seeders right?

so JaS will choose upload to few -> those few will seed the new DVD? or i need to go to irc to request for the new DVD?

and how do i check the copy i got in the future is corrupt or not?

i still confuse...

so origin JaS 10.4.8 iso was corrupt by the RatioMaster seeders right?

so JaS will choose upload to few -> those few will seed the new DVD? or i need to go to irc to request for the new DVD?

and how do i check the copy i got in the future is corrupt or not?

Kind of funny since ratiomaster does not send any data back, it just sends fake info to the tracker.

I believe it has nothing to do with ratiomaster.

JaS, if you are around, would it be possible for you to post an MD5 of your uncorrupted ISO? That way people who did finish the download before it was taken down can see if they by chance got a good copy? I was probably in the first 5-10% of the people finished, so maybe I was lucky. I'd hate to throw out the file if it is indeed good.

Forgive my ignorance, but why on earth won't a patch be issued? To the best of my knowledge there isn't anything that can't be PFF'd out, right?

Perhaps the corruption was so pervasive that the PPF would be nearly the size of a DVD image anyway? That would be a good reason not to bother releasing one.

Kind of funny since ratiomaster does not send any data back, it just sends fake info to the tracker.

:):D:idea:

A higher ratio is favored by some clients and some sites, which in turn allows for faster downloads.

you found one :)

If i got the image i wil post it on usenet.

That would be great. If you have a good image, then many will have an un-corruptible source to download, with par repair even if you so choose.

True, not everyone has usenet access, but it's easy to get. Someone without access can subscribe to Easynews for a month, download the working, uncorrupted iso along with a good amount of other files, cancel the membership after a month, and only be out 10.00.

Those of us who can get it through usenet will then be able to spread it via bittorrent or other means, and everyone will be able to get it in the end (no pun intended :poster_oops: )

Well, I have one of the working ones. The DVD by JaS is really great.

After testing around I see that's a lot more to do and we're on a good way....

But for now, does anybody know how to import Semthex or Mifkis kernel to a 10.4.8 (updated from 10.4.6) with the old kernel?

That's something I can't find much info to in the forum.

And: because there are still issues with booting from the partion which is made with the 10.4.8 DVD, what is responsible for this? Has this to di with the kernel, too?

What about the bootlist?

Maybe there are just some kexps from the ugraded 10.4.8 which have to be copied to the fresh 10.4.8 dvd installation?

A lot of questions and possible not the best thread for it.....sorry about.

thx.

someone please post the latest subject line from #jas.dvd since I cant use irc at work.. ;-)

cheers!

;)

osxG

New 10.4.8 is a Success!. It will be released after a small ppf is applied. In the mean time, be calm and patient. No AMD. No SSE2. (yet). original seed's MD5= bddb7c52947ce74381d70c9d82c9fa5d / SHA1=ad38365fcc3239d9758d8b7d633678fa3068a927/ Patched iso's

P.S. I think they have to apply one more ppf before it's ready.

Is that correct that I can re-use 30% form the last (corrupted) image ?

Azureus did a check when started the new torrent. Than it started with 1,3 GB to download.

Can someone confirm that? I don't want to get 4 GB waste the second time.

Thanx - to all making that possible.

re-book

Is that correct that I can re-use 30% form the last (corrupted) image ?

Azureus did a check when started the new torrent. Than it started with 1,3 GB to download.

Can someone confirm that? I don't want to get 4 GB waste the second time.

Thanx - to all making that possible.

re-book

mmmmm...... when that happend to me a couple of days ago I had to trash the iso.

Well, the next one I got was corrupted anyway, so...