• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

erikk

erikk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
dual screen worked for me ... many thx! but how i can say that my dvi port is monitor one and vga port is monitor two? did you figured it out yet?

edit:
ok i never know that you can change in display settings, on which monitor the dock and menu bar should be..
now it works... with dell 30" via dvi (2560x1600) and 20" dell via vga (1680x1050)

nice job man! thx in advance!

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts

dual screen worked for me ... many thx! but how i can say that my dvi port is monitor one and vga port is monitor two? did you figured it out yet?

edit:
ok i never know that you can change in display settings, on which monitor the dock and menu bar should be..
now it works... with dell 30" via dvi (2560x1600) and 20" dell via vga (1680x1050)

In display settings, you should also be able to drag the monitor icons around to arrange them in the order you want.

nekton

nekton

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Curiouser and curiouser. Ran the new Contents with dualie support and did all the post permission settings and rem of kext.cache, etc., and now the other LCD panel is the active desktop and the panel that was the desktop is blank showing an orange lamp with no video signal BUT I think it IS part of an extended desktop because when I move the cursor to the edge of the displayed desktop it looks like it is disappearing as if it is jumping across to the next screen. So the displayed desktop seems to be behaving as half of an extended desktop although the other half has no signal.
And the Graphics Display preferences (enclosed) are now showing two L1950T panels connected to the 7300GT whereas with the old Natit.kext only one LCD panel was shown as connected.

EDIT;

It is also possible to open Displays Preferences (which now shows two screens) and move the active screen top toolbar to the blank screen (no video signal), proving that the blank screen is part of an active desktop despite not having a signal.

EDIT2;
HOWEVER WHEN I connect the currently blank screen that seems to be the missing half of an extended desktop using a DVI to VGA adapter, the screen becomes active with a full extended desktop across both screens.

Obviously, you have solved it for your current DVI-VGA adapter plus pure DVI setup so you are very close, Bofors. There must be one setting missing that will activate both DVI outs somehow.
Hope your dual-head DVI card arrives tomorrow and you can reproduce the above.

Many thank for your hard work on this and to omni for the first step.

Attached Files

dm_webd

dm_webd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Retired Developers
  • 63 posts
Wow, thanks for the great work bofors.. It works here too.
I'm trying to make the kext autodetect edid using vbe calls.

DS

DS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
It worked! It worked!

Added the NVMT, EDID's and NVCAP and it worked!!

Dual DVI XFX 7300GT on 2 DVI BenQ LCD's!

Only adding NVCAP didn't work

Bofors is my hero. hahah .. Thanks man.

tylerc

tylerc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm sorta confused on the process to do this. Can someone post clear instructions for doing this to my Titan driver. Thanks.

bofors

bofors

ConvertIt2Mac.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

It worked! It worked!

Added the NVMT, EDID's and NVCAP and it worked!!

Dual DVI XFX 7300GT on 2 DVI BenQ LCD's!

Only adding NVCAP didn't work

Ok, this is interesting. I guess we need a version with the NVMT key set.

I am continuing to assume that EDID's are not absolutely necessary and of course I can not provide them because each monitor has a different EDID value.

Obviously, you have solved it for your current DVI-VGA adapter plus pure DVI setup so you are very close, Bofors. There must be one setting missing that will activate both DVI outs somehow.
Hope your dual-head DVI card arrives tomorrow and you can reproduce the above.

My dual DVI XFX 7600GS has yet to show up, but I am expecting it within the next four hours or so. But I am going to post a new version of Natit with the NVMT key set as well which might solve the problem people with dual DVI cards are experiencing.

EDIT: I have post the 0.02 version of Natit dual now, I hoping it will solve the dual DVI card problem but still waiting for mine to arrive so I can test it: http://forum.insanel...showtopic=32536

I'm sorta confused on the process to do this. Can someone post clear instructions for doing this to my Titan driver. Thanks.

Remove your Titan driver and install the version of Natit that I posted here: http://forum.insanel...showtopic=32536

dm_webd

dm_webd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Retired Developers
  • 63 posts

Ok, this is interesting. I guess we need a version with the NVMT key set.

I am continuing to assume that EDID's are not absolutely necessary and of course I can not provide them because each monitor has a different EDID value.

There's some properties and values named "edid-override" (I think this is the property name), "override-no-edid", "override-has-edid" & "override-has-edid-digital". I haven't tested these yet, but I guess they should be set for each display.

DS

DS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I'll do some more testing later, I added NVMT and the EDID's at the same time so it's possible that the EDID's had nothing to do with it.

DS

DS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I'd just like to report that the EDID's are NOT required on my setup. Just NVMT and NVCAP do the job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy