Handoff not working correctly

greybaron

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I just tried to fix handoff on my Lenovo Y50-70 running macOS 10.12.1, but have a big issue and no clue how to solve it:

It works perfectly from my "Mac" to my iPhone - Safari open on the laptop > Safari shows up in the iOS app switcher and opens the open tab from the Mac correctly.

The other way around, I have a rather confusing issue: if I have nothing open on my iPhone, nothing shows up in my dock. When I open any Handoff compatible app- it can be Safari, Mail or Chrome, then Safari (always Safari) shows up in the Mac dock. If I click it, it disappears and Safari opens. It reads "open web page from handoff" roughly translated) but never does so, it says on a blank page. After a few seconds, the Safari icon reappears in the dock. But if I CLOSE the Handoff-compatible app on my phone, the icon won't disappear from the Mac dock. It does disappear after about 5-10 minutes or when I turn the laptop's bluetooth off and on again. Also, other continuity features don't work, maybe that is related.

It is worth noting that I am not using iOS 10, but 9.3.3 to keep jailbroken. Ofcourse I have tried disabling the Jaillbreak, the issue persists.

What I did in conclusion to enable Handoff was:

* Changing ContinuitySupport to yes in /System/Library/Frameworks/IOBluetooth.framework/Versions/A/Resources/SystemParameters.plist

* Added patches to config.plist (file is in attachments)

* ran Continuity Activation Tool -> first success because before, there were no signs of Handoff working

The config.plist is attached.

Thanks to everybody, I hope you can help me resolve this issue!

I am also having this issue with a custom built hackintosh. Others are also having the exact same problem. Not sure what the issue is, or if it will ever get fixed.

I'm running 10.12.2 public beta with iOS 10.2 public beta. I have monitored the console and see multiple errors. I actually just gave up and turned handoff off for now, until (if) it gets fixed.