Good news for AMD and VMWARE

semthex

79 posts in this topic

Ok, the current build finally bypasses any problems and boots happily with vmware without any need of OS tinkering. This should also work with your AMD, if last tests are done, source patch file will be published and anything else will go it's way. Screens from GUI will follow too soon.

Took a bit long since a bunch of testers who did not setup their install correct and reported false results.

first screen is attached

post-60299-1162399472_thumb.jpg post-60299-1162407290_thumb.jpg

Bravo!

Nice to see that you succeeded to bring the new kernel to AMD people.

There I can see a big difference between mifki kernel and yours!

@Everyone

Semthex kernel supports as much boxes as possible, Intel, AMD, SSE2, SSE3, no NX, no HPET...

Again, great work! Congrats!

Semthex-

I dont mean to hijack a thread, i just wanted to ask a question and in a place where you would see it. Where does SSE2 Intel users stand with the 10.4.8 kernel. I understand that thtere is a lot of work involved in getting it to run, but I just wanted to find out straight from the source what the development progress is on this...

does the kernel support SSE2 and we are being prevented from running 10.4.8 from having SSE3-reliant code in the frameworks or apps?

Or is there still some owrk to be done on the kernel itself for SSE2.

If it is the former, I dont mind going to work on figureing out a solution, but I want to be able to start knowing that the kernel is not the problem.

Thank you for all your hard work so far and Thank you in advance for any answers you can provide me.

Any info on getting VIA chipset Core 2 Duo boards to install 10.4.8?

Specifically: Do any OS-X install DVD versions work with the ECS P4M800PRO-M V2.0 board [VIA chipset Core 2 Duo/Pentium D Processor]? (This board + Core 2 Duo CPU was purchased at Fry's). I've tried booting the DVD with several 10.4.x versions, and they'll either: bonk out and restart the machine, while still in the command prompt display mode. Or some get as far as the rotating gear icon, but then stops with the slashed circle "stop" icon.

Note: this is with a blank hard drive; both IDE and SATA tried. Haven't been able to get ANY OSX version to boot on this VIA chipset board.

Thanks!